Cintas

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cintas in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the HR Director after hours in a hotel lobby.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Disappointing. Took a cut in pay, and lost vacation time.

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cintas in November 2013.

Interview Details – Asked basic situational questions. Very friendly relaxed interview.

Interview Question – Was asked to give lots of examples. Had to recall quickly many different scenarios of troubleshooting problems. Difficult if you worked in a structured environment in the padt without alot of problems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the incumbent HR Manager via LinkedIn to ask if I would be interested in this opportunity with the company; after looking into the job description, we set up a phone interview to talk about the position more in detail.

The phone interview was pretty basic, just inquiring about my background, describing the position, and asking a few behavioral questions. A week later I met on-site with the Plant Manager for a tour and second interview.

The second interview was all behavior-based questions again, and went very well. I was then shown around the plant and always was open to asking questions about Cintas, the plant, and the position.

I was invited for a third interview a week leader with the Regional HR Manager; again, behavioral-based questions, and this one was pretty brief, seeing as I had two people answer most of my questions before this point.

Since I was the first person they interviewed, it was several weeks before I heard from them again, and I was invited to lunch by my first two interviewers to re-engage with me/ask any lingering questions. I was pretty hopeful at this point, since the meeting was pretty personal.

A week later I received a rejection e-mail, and was a bit disappointed investing two months into the process, but overall it was a pretty positive experience.

I was told by the second interviewer that the way the Cintas interview process is set up, the managers do not speak about candidates between interviews, so the final decision is when they all collaborate together to chose the best fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to utilize your network to achieve an objective.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gilroy, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in April 2009.

Interview Details – Cintas-Gilroy prefers to conduct the initial screening 1:1 rather than over the phone. Even though it was a 40 mile trip, I appreciated getting face time. I met with the Plant Manager who read behavioral questions from a booklet. He did not appear to have my resume. I received a phone call later the same day to schedule another 1:1 the following week with the General Manager and Service Manager. The Service Manager did not have my resume either, seemingly by design. He was pleasant but there was little chit-chat and he also read questions from a booklet. I was then escorted to the General Manager. Very nice gentleman with more personality than the previous 2. Once again, he read behavioral questions from booklet 3. I received a phone call later in the day to schedule interviews with the Regional VP and Regional HR Director and a Plant Manager from another location. On the day of the interviews, the out of state executive’s flight was delayed. As a result, the interview appeared to be shortened. The Plant Manager read behavioral questions from his booklet and then there was a brief exchange of general questions and conversation. I felt it went well.
I found Cintas very communicative during the process. That is until the very end. As I left the final round of interviews with the executives, I was told they hoped to make a decision within 24 – 48 hours. I failed to ask if they would communicate either way. I have not received a phone call, email or letter to date. Obviously I didn’t get the position. It left a bad taste in my mouth that, after having driven a total of 240 miles for the interview process, I wasn’t given the consideration of any notice what-so-ever. Sadly, this seems to be the norm these days.

Very Difficult Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in August 2010.

Interview Details – It is a long interview process because they want to hire the best person and best fit for the position.

Interview Question – Repeating questions in interviews.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cintas in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was called by a recruiter who conducted an extensive phone screen that had situational questions. Was told that I would receive a call back within the next two weeks if I match their qualifications--got a call back in a couple days and was scheduled for an interview which I was told would last 3 hours. When I got there, I was greeted by the recruiter who called me, who talked to me about any questions that I had and then gave me a tour of the facility--he explained that all associates coming on board would have to go through a 3 week training where I would work in all capacities. After the tour I met with two general managers separately. Both asked situational and behavioral questions--"tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation in a team" " tell me about a time that you made a mistake and how did you handle it" and questions similar to that. It was long and the questions became very similar.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult situation with a team?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cintas

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas Human Resources Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cintas employees and interview candidates.