Cintas

314 candidate interviews

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Facility Services Sales Representative
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in February 2010.

Interview Details – First I received a call from HR to schedule a phone screening. Then after the initial phone screening I was scheduled to interview with the Facility Sales Rep Manager. After that interview I got a phone call from the Sales Rep manager later that day to schedule me for my next interview. My next interview was with the sales rep manager at a different plant. After that interview I received a call later that day to interview with the uniform sales rep manager the next week. After that interview I was setup to go on a all day ride-along. They paid me for the ride-along so that was good. After the ride-along I was called the next day and scheduled to interview with the District Sales Rep Manager. After that interview I was called a week later and scheduled to interview with VP of Sales for the Midwest Region. My interview with him was via web-conference. That interview was more about how Cintas operates and what would be expected of me if I was selected. After that interview I was called two weeks later and asked to come into the office. I was pretty confident that I got the job at this point. When I came into the office the next day I was offered the position. The whole interview process was different than anything Ive ever experienced. Most of the interview questions were behavioral. Yes, it was long grueling but it was worth it in the end. Cintas is very careful about who they hire hence the reason for the low turnover rate. I cant wait to start my career with Cintas! I will update my work experience later.

Interview Question – Do you enjoy winning or do you hate to lose?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you really want the job and make sure you are ready to produce. Expectations are high!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in August 2010.

Interview Details – It is a long interview process because they want to hire the best person and best fit for the position.

Interview Question – Repeating questions in interviews.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Customer Relations Specialist
Mason, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in December 2013.

Interview Details – Online application. Was called a few days later by hiring manager (also the second interviewer) and was given a brief over the phone interview. The hiring manager ask questions such as 'why you want to work for cintas?" "Give a brief history of your past employment" "give a time when you had to deal with an irate customer". Told me she will call back if selected for face to face interview. Was called later the same day to set up a face to face interview for the following week. I must note that I took the ENTIRE week preparing for the interview. Even seeking mock interview and resume help from my university. The face to face interview lasted two hours one hour with two different interviewers. The first interviewer did not work in the department in which I was applying. The interviewer rambled on about his own department and wasn't able to answer any of my questions I had about the position I was applying for. Still reminded professional and answered the questions the interviewer had for me. Small talk happened about weather and so forth and I was starting to feel comfortable and getting high hopes for landing the job. The second interviewer came in and the first question was "what did you do to prepare for this interview?" I was shocked because I have been in many other interviews and was never asked that question before especially in such a demeaning tone. I proceeded to explain the research I did on the company and the position itself. The second interviewer seemed shocked at my response. She asked a few more questions that interviewers ask to throw the interviewee off guard. Each time I was prepared with great answers and the interviewer seemed to enjoy my answers to each question. The interview seemed to have went well. I was told to hear something back with in two weeks. The following day I sent out thank you letters to each interviewer for their time. Three business days later I received an automatic email saying I was not selected. Not sure what happened even went back to my "Career Coach" on campus explaining the whole interview in detail (because I took notes during the interview) and was told it sounds like I did well. Must of been a person with better qualifications. If you are looking to interview with cintas be prepared for a fight. I have heard from current and past employees this is not an easy company to get into. And I would agree. For the first question to be "how did you prepare for this interview" explains it all. Cintas are VERY SELECTIVE in who they hire. I hope this review is helpful for someone.

Interview Question – "What did you do to prepare for this interview?" "Tell me about a time you went against company policy ?" A lot of "throw you off" questions was asked in the interview so be prepare!!   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – The Cintas hiring process is slow and thorough. There are mutliple rounds of interviews with multiple managers. Most of the questions are based on your ethics and experience. In the interview use specific examples in your responses to questions.

FS Sales Representative Interview

FS Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Interview process is long and difficult. Expected to travel to Cinci to interview with VP in final stage. It was a test to gauge interest level and level of "get it done at any cost." They look for the interviewee to follow their sales process - build rapport, trial close, uncover reasons for hiring, trial close, trial close...Be prepared to answer questions on how well you can handle objections, get to the decision maker, and your stamina in pounding the pavement.

Fire Service Sales Representative Interview

Fire Service Sales Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Apply online, short phone interview at which point I was asked to come in for a face-to face interview with a service manager. They called and asked me to come in for an interview with another manager and on another occasion i was asked for a final interview. Total of three interviews. Two days after final interview I was offered as position.

Interview Question – "Sell me this pen"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasnt one they were very clear about what the hourly pay was, along with commissions.

Production Supervisor/Management Trainee Interview

Production Supervisor/Management Trainee
Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cintas in May 2012.

Interview Details – I went through a total of 5 interviews at the current location, as well as 5 interviews at my first location. This was disappointing because they where effectively the same, but both locations had to go through the process because of the hiring system and the need to have the "check in the box".

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to convince someone to do something they where initially unwilling to do.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas in July 2013.

Interview Details – It took about 2 months for all the interviews, back ground check and drug test.
I had to interview with all the department managers, GM, group VP.

Interview Question – Are you aware we pick-up dirty laundry and deliver clean? therefore you have to pick up dirty and smelly clothes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Mat Roller Interview

Mat Roller
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, second interview with the floor manager and supervisor, third interview with location manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Cintas?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can't negotiate. You get table scraps.

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Facility Services Sales Representative
Gadsden, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cintas in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process took 4 months to get on board. The job is not what they say so make sure you ask to talk to the reps that have been there a short amount of time - and that are not what they called tenured reps as the old reps forget to tell you everything. If you do a ride along, make sure to know that they are working for the manager-- and interviewing you as well. Ask what else is involved after you make a sale that you have to do at home or after hours?

Interview Question – What is the most recent book you read   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary yes!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cintas

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas interview questions and advice. All 314 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cintas employees and interview candidates.