Cintas

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in February 2010.

First I received a call from HR to schedule a phone screening. Then after the initial phone screening I was scheduled to interview with the Facility Sales Rep Manager. After that interview I got a phone call from the Sales Rep manager later that day to schedule me for my next interview. My next interview was with the sales rep manager at a different plant. After that interview I received a call later that day to interview with the uniform sales rep manager the next week. After that interview I was setup to go on a all day ride-along. They paid me for the ride-along so that was good. After the ride-along I was called the next day and scheduled to interview with the District Sales Rep Manager. After that interview I was called a week later and scheduled to interview with VP of Sales for the Midwest Region. My interview with him was via web-conference. That interview was more about how Cintas operates and what would be expected of me if I was selected. After that interview I was called two weeks later and asked to come into the office. I was pretty confident that I got the job at this point. When I came into the office the next day I was offered the position. The whole interview process was different than anything Ive ever experienced. Most of the interview questions were behavioral. Yes, it was long grueling but it was worth it in the end. Cintas is very careful about who they hire hence the reason for the low turnover rate. I cant wait to start my career with Cintas! I will update my work experience later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you enjoy winning or do you hate to lose?   View Answer
    Make sure you really want the job and make sure you are ready to produce. Expectations are high!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in August 2010.

It is a long interview process because they want to hire the best person and best fit for the position.

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in December 2013.

Online application. Was called a few days later by hiring manager (also the second interviewer) and was given a brief over the phone interview. The hiring manager ask questions such as 'why you want to work for cintas?" "Give a brief history of your past employment" "give a time when you had to deal with an irate customer". Told me she will call back if selected for face to face interview. Was called later the same day to set up a face to face interview for the following week. I must note that I took the ENTIRE week preparing for the interview. Even seeking mock interview and resume help from my university. The face to face interview lasted two hours one hour with two different interviewers. The first interviewer did not work in the department in which I was applying. The interviewer rambled on about his own department and wasn't able to answer any of my questions I had about the position I was applying for. Still reminded professional and answered the questions the interviewer had for me. Small talk happened about weather and so forth and I was starting to feel comfortable and getting high hopes for landing the job. The second interviewer came in and the first question was "what did you do to prepare for this interview?" I was shocked because I have been in many other interviews and was never asked that question before especially in such a demeaning tone. I proceeded to explain the research I did on the company and the position itself. The second interviewer seemed shocked at my response. She asked a few more questions that interviewers ask to throw the interviewee off guard. Each time I was prepared with great answers and the interviewer seemed to enjoy my answers to each question. The interview seemed to have went well. I was told to hear something back with in two weeks. The following day I sent out thank you letters to each interviewer for their time. Three business days later I received an automatic email saying I was not selected. Not sure what happened even went back to my "Career Coach" on campus explaining the whole interview in detail (because I took notes during the interview) and was told it sounds like I did well. Must of been a person with better qualifications. If you are looking to interview with cintas be prepared for a fight. I have heard from current and past employees this is not an easy company to get into. And I would agree. For the first question to be "how did you prepare for this interview" explains it all. Cintas are VERY SELECTIVE in who they hire. I hope this review is helpful for someone.

Interview Questions
    • "What did you do to prepare for this interview?" "Tell me about a time you went against company policy ?" A lot of "throw you off" questions was asked in the interview so be prepare!!   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

The Cintas hiring process is slow and thorough. There are mutliple rounds of interviews with multiple managers. Most of the questions are based on your ethics and experience. In the interview use specific examples in your responses to questions.

FS Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview process is long and difficult. Expected to travel to Cinci to interview with VP in final stage. It was a test to gauge interest level and level of "get it done at any cost." They look for the interviewee to follow their sales process - build rapport, trial close, uncover reasons for hiring, trial close, trial close...Be prepared to answer questions on how well you can handle objections, get to the decision maker, and your stamina in pounding the pavement.

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

I have been through a fair amount of interviews in my life time but I have to say this is the hardest most intense interview I have ever been through. You will go through at least 6 interviews. The 1st will be with a recruiter over the phone (less then a half hour) basic breakdown of your background. 2nd is also with a recruiter over the phone (little less then an hour) basic interview questions. 3rd is an in person interview with the sales manager (almost 2 hours) ALL behavior question. 4th interview is a ride along with a current sales rep (full day). 5th is an in person interview with sales director (over an hour) basically all questions about your background, some behavioral, and some basic interview question. 6th is with the Vice President of sales (over and hour) were you are basically going to get grilled about anything he sees as a red flag or where you may not be qualified and a lot of personal question. Overall I would definitely suggest doing the interview even if you have no intention on taking the job, because if you can survive this interview then you can literally nail any interview. Great learning experience for interviewing. In regards to the position itself, Facility Services Sales Representative just translates into glorified door to door toilet paper salesman.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral question and questions about your personal life to throw you off   Answer Question

Route Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downsview, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Downsview, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas in November 2014.

After two months of aplying they contacted me for an open interview where they interviewed as many people they could in one day, and we waited in a meeting room watching the most stupid movie ever (Elf movie - for kids) in a dark room with all other aplicants at the time.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your last job when you had a dificult situation (in details).   View Answer

SSR Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cintas.

Too hard and long at the end is not worse it. 6 different managers ask u things, donttttttttttt don't don't don't don't Dont take the job . u need to work for money, not for free , u can make same money flipping burgers or pizza

Non

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in September 2014.

I was contacted by a Recruiter on linkedin to set up a phone interview. The Interview went well and was told to come in to the local facility to interview with the sales manager. The interview went really well, mostly talked about who/what Cintas is and how much their sales reps make. Was very focused on how much money you will make. After this I had a ride day with a great sales rep who gave me a strong overview of what to expect, and exactly how to get through the interview process. I was called about a week later to interview with two regional directors. I had actually thought the interview didn't go well. To my surprise I was called for a final interview about 4 hours away, which they made me drive to. The interview was long and tedious. The VP was very hard on me. Basically trying to find cracks in my story. Make sure you have a good Brag Book with lots of sales stats. This is very important to them. I left the interview feeling good about getting an offer. Was told they would call me a week later and let me know the outcome. About 18 hours later I was offered the job and was pretty excited. The process in all took about 4 weeks. It is definitely not for everyone, but if you have B2B sales experience they will love you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything for the time you were 10 years old that you were number 1 at?   Answer Question
    There was a little negotiation on my part. Did get myself a little bit more then the initial offer.

New Account Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in November 2014.

The interview process is long. I was referred by another employee. First there was online application process followed by a phone interview with an HR associate. Then there was a long, detailed and in-person interview with a Sales Manager followed by another in-person interview with the GM. After that was an all day ride-along and a follow up a few days later. As the interviews progressed, there was a change of focus on the position being a segue to Outside Sales. The HR Manger then checked my references followed by a background check and a urinalysis drug screen. I was called and came back in for an offer in person for 5k less than was communicated to me several times during multiple interviews. When asked about the discrepancy, the sales manager making the offer acted like he hadn't said the previous base offer and would not negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to explain your resume and answer lots of questions.   Answer Question
    I was surprised with an offer that was 5k less than what was communicated to me several times during multiple interviews. When asked about the discrepancy, the sales manager making the offer acted like he hadn't said the previous base offer and would not negotiate.