Cintas Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas in March 2015.

Met the Cintas HR director at my college career fair and got signed up for an interview the next week. Came in very nice HR director, made me feel very comfortable the whole time. We laughed and asked very direct questions for about 30 minutes. I have the second round interview sometime within the next two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to keep crucial details falling through the cracks?   View Answer

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in March 2015.

I interviewed with the HR manager and the hiring manager. The interview took about an hour. The next step would be to meet with a couple higher up managers, and then background screening and drug testing. The interview was on-site. Pretty much went over my resume and asked my questions about my experience and education, and lots of behavioral questions as well, drawing off of previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you messed something up and had to tell someone in a higher position about it.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Interview process was fairly easy, have two more lined up next week. Recruiter told me, if you make through all the interviews, you're probably a great fit. Reall conversational during the interview and it was easy going for the most part. They also got back in a timely matter, in regards to if you were moving on to the next interviews. Nice people. Dont have offer yet because I'm still going through the process.

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Very comfortable and productive interview. The interviewer was very friendly and opened. The questions were personable. They want to make sure they have the right people for the right job. They wanted motivated candidates who are willing to work hard and stay with the company in the long run.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Several interviews in the process; screening with the recruiter and then several more interviews that were about an hour long. Met with the General Manager, Human Resources Director and Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you had to take the blame for something even though it wasn't your fault.   Answer Question
    Very little wiggle room on compensation and no other benefits were negotiable.

Scholar Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Interviewed with three HR managers over the course of two days. Questions are relatively simple behavioral questions. One simple math question where they're just looking for mental math capabilities. Interviewers were all very nice.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cintas in February 2015.

Interview was somewhat informal which was good. Recruiter was very laid back, young and happy to be at my school recruiting. There were two recruiters interviewing but each had a candidate to interview in separate rooms.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked:

1) Tell me about yourself.

2) What do you know about Cintas?

3) Short term and long term goals?

4) How do gauge your performance?

5) What are your 3 major accomplishments?

6) What are your strengths?

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in February 2015.

I spoke with a recruiter at my school's career fair. I was scheduled for an interview about 2 weeks later. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was expecting more questions. It was mostly me telling the interviewer what kinds of things I had been involved in. Then he talked about the job and asked me if I had any questions. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about your class projects and internship experiences?   Answer Question

Services Manager First Aid and Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cintas in February 2015.

Recruited online by a third party recruiter.
    Interviewed with recruiter over the phone.
    They sent an email with assessments to complete which take about 2.5 hrs.
    Called by General Manager to set up interview at the office.
    Interviewed with the GM who was 30 minutes late and then I was lowballed into interviewing for a rep position only because I didn't have industry experience and he was concerned that the team would not respect a person from an outside industry that hasn't had the same experience as the reps they manage. When I asked him why he doesn't just hire from within instead of wasting our time, he said that the reps make more than the managers do and it's hard to ask them to step down in pay and up in responsibility. I continued to remind him that I am educated and qualified to manage the team, but he continued to push the rep position at me with unbelievable metrics and false math.
    When I was asked about my attention to detail, he asked me what color shirt the receptionist was wearing: I correctly answered purple. His response to me was "way off, not even close." I asked him if he was sure about that and he replied, "I don't know. You tell me." This question had nothing to do with anything. When I left his office, I noticed that the receptionist had on a purple shirt and I pointed at it and smiled at him on my way out.
    If you want to be a manager in the Cintas Sacramento branch, you have to be a rep first, but they won't tell you that.

Interview Questions
    • What does your ideal workplace feel like?   View Answer

I am a decorated manager. I have an education and a job that currently pays more than what they offered. I am a higher caliber manager to be demoted to a rep level so quickly and will not throw away years of hard work in the crucible of part time work and exceeding goals to be marked down there again.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas.

Had a one on one interview with the GM took a tour then met briefly with the HR manager. Im not sure if this is the entire process but it was very formal, business professional dress. They told me they would get back with me. They also asked me if i was interviewing with anyone else which I thought was strange.