Cintas

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.1

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cintas in October 2014.

I found the interview process very detailed. Cintas is interviewing you and looking for a solid person who they think will be with the company for 2-3 years. Round one and the ride along was pretty standard and moderately easy if you have a brain and a drive for sales. Round two in Greensboro was much more difficult, as that guy flushes out the weak.

Interview Questions
    • What if you get in to this job and 9 months to a year down the road you find out cold calling and sales isn't for you and you can't handle getting no's for an answer?   View Answer

Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in October 2014.

Applied through their website. Received email to submit a video interview. Have never done that before but it must have went well as they brought me in for a one on one interview. Felt good about that interview as they scheduled me for a route ride with a driver. Route ride went well. Got along with the driver and I jumped in and helped him the entire route. After the route ride the person I interviewed with told me that they would call me to come back and meet more some managers. The same day I was expecting the phone call I received a form type email from their HR dept stating that I had not been selected for the job. Not sure what happened between the route ride and the day I received that email. Didn't seem fair with no explanation.

Scholar Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in October 2014.

I signed up for the initial interview the day after a Career Fair at my university. I spoke with two General Managers and was told about the company, the position, etc. Then I answered about 6 behavioral questions. It went well, and two weeks later I was invited to go in for a second interview. This one was with two HR Managers, and it consisted of behavioral and math questions. Then, four days later I was asked to go out to a local Cintas Plant for a tour and a Round Robin Interview. I went, spoke with nine people (three groups of 3), and answered even more behavioral and math questions. None of it was really hard since I have a lot of experiences that I can tailor to various questions, and mostly I felt like they were looking for personality and ambition. Everyone was super nice and friendly. The interviews had a conversational tone.

Interview Questions
    • What is 15% of 9?
      Describe a situation when you were criticized for something you didn't think you deserved to be criticized for.
      Describe a situation in which you failed.

Answer Question
    Negotiated pay to an extent; was offered subsidized rent expenses for the summer since I was placed in a location too far away for a daily commute from my house.

New Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cintas.

After a half hour phone interview, I went in for an interview with the manager and never received a call back. Questions included how you handle stress, communicating with other team members, and prioritizing workload.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Overall is was not an extremely challenging experience. They definitely follow a detailed interview process. Candidates should be prepared to answer behavioral based questions and need to dress professionally - wear a suit.

Interview Questions
    • no question stood out as being difficult, it was your basic behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate - was happy with offer

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cintas.

Uses STAR method of interview. Second interview: questions not relevant to position applied for, questions not relevant to experience, skills or aptitude. Interviewer was unprofessional in tone of voice and attitude.

Service Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

This is a very long process. You will meet with at least 4 people and have 3 formal interviews. If they like you they will have you do a route ride along. This is followed by an interview with the top person at the location, the General Manager. If they want to proceed they will do an electronic reference check, a background check and you must pass a drug test along with a DOT physical.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are scripted and very generic. Most questions they will ask you to think of a situation then tell them about what you did and explain the result of the action   Answer Question
    They will be flexible on starting pay and benefits

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took about 5 weeks. I first interviewed with the market sales manager; next, I had a field ride with a sales rep; then, I had an interview with the sales director; the next week I had an interview with the GM; finally, I had an interview with the VP of sales. Two weeks later I received a call from the sales manager (first person I interviewed with). He said they hired another candidate and that I needed more experience. I am thankful for the interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult interviews were with the sales manager and the sales directors   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Got interviewed for a service sales rep position and have not heard back from them yet. I just did the first interview of many. It was a pretty lengthy interview of about an hour. Personal questions and then those dreaded interview questions that I really don't know if they are helpful or not.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is to come up with stories about different times when I encountered different situations.   Answer Question

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in September 2014.

I was contacted by a Recruiter on linkedin to set up a phone interview. The Interview went well and was told to come in to the local facility to interview with the sales manager. The interview went really well, mostly talked about who/what Cintas is and how much their sales reps make. Was very focused on how much money you will make. After this I had a ride day with a great sales rep who gave me a strong overview of what to expect, and exactly how to get through the interview process. I was called about a week later to interview with two regional directors. I had actually thought the interview didn't go well. To my surprise I was called for a final interview about 4 hours away, which they made me drive to. The interview was long and tedious. The VP was very hard on me. Basically trying to find cracks in my story. Make sure you have a good Brag Book with lots of sales stats. This is very important to them. I left the interview feeling good about getting an offer. Was told they would call me a week later and let me know the outcome. About 18 hours later I was offered the job and was pretty excited. The process in all took about 4 weeks. It is definitely not for everyone, but if you have B2B sales experience they will love you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything for the time you were 10 years old that you were number 1 at?   Answer Question
    There was a little negotiation on my part. Did get myself a little bit more then the initial offer.