Cintas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cintas (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two part interview: First Day was formal business setting with two company representatives. Second Day was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone Interview is where the weight of the decision making process happens. Cintas was quick to notify me that they were passing and were very professional during the process. I would have liked to work for this company.

Services Manager First Aid and Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cintas (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruited online by a third party recruiter. Interviewed with recruiter over the phone. They sent an email with assessments to complete which take about 2.5 hrs. Called by General Manager to set up interview at the office. Interviewed with the GM who was 30 minutes late and then I was lowballed into interviewing for a rep position only because I didn't have industry experience and he was concerned that the team would not respect a person from an outside industry that hasn't had the same experience as the reps they manage. When I asked him why he doesn't just hire from within instead of wasting our time, he said that the reps make more than the managers do and it's hard to ask them to step down in pay and up in responsibility. I continued to remind him that I am educated and qualified to manage the team, but he continued to push the rep position at me with unbelievable metrics and false math. When I was asked about my attention to detail, he asked me what color shirt the receptionist was wearing: I correctly answered purple. His response to me was "way off, not even close." I asked him if he was sure about that and he replied, "I don't know. You tell me." This question had nothing to do with anything. When I left his office, I noticed that the receptionist had on a purple shirt and I pointed at it and smiled at him on my way out. If you want to be a manager in the Cintas Sacramento branch, you have to be a rep first, but they won't tell you that.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal workplace feel like?   1 Answer

I am a decorated manager. I have an education and a job that currently pays more than what they offered. I am a higher caliber manager to be demoted to a rep level so quickly and will not throw away years of hard work in the crucible of part time work and exceeding goals to be marked down there again.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Had a one on one interview with the GM took a tour then met briefly with the HR manager. Im not sure if this is the entire process but it was very formal, business professional dress. They told me they would get back with me. They also asked me if i was interviewing with anyone else which I thought was strange.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

You go through a set of phone interviews before they request an onsite visit. The interview process is just like any other interview with behavioral questions but in a round robin format.

Interview Questions

• All pretty simple if you know how to speak well and have direct answers for their questions.   Answer Question

Sales Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Originally applied through their website. Received a call from HR for a phone screening interview. Very straight forward only took about 20 mins. Primarily asked questions to get to know my background. The interviewer was very passionate for Cintas and left a good overall impression. I look forward to moving on to the next step of the recruitment process.

Na Interview

Interview

Applied through company website. Was contacted 2 months later. Interview process was streamlined and very thorough. 5 interviews in 2 weeks. Company culture was emphasized throughout interview process. Employees seemed happy with their positions. Each interviewer had been with the company for 5+ years. emphasized internal growth opportunities and performance based culture.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard but some were worded ambiguously.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cintas (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview first started with a phone call. Then we went back and forth with emails to set up a time to discuss the opportunity. Once we got on the phone. The recruiter spoke more about the job and the role of the company. He caught my attention. Now we are working on getting a one to one interview with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Mason, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

The HR I spoke to was very good with communication and made it very easy to understand what was going on. The interview process was like any other. More behavioral questions than anything. I had to go through a phone screening and then a face to face. I had to meet with multiple directors. I heard back relatively fast with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a safety issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vandalia, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Vandalia, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

3 interviews total. 2 with current Management Trainees and the final one with the GM. Questions in all the interviews follow a sheet and they are all pretty standard management questions. They care a lot about safety so a handful of questions were about when you enforced a safety protocol. I had management experience at a fast food store so I pulled a lot of stories and experiences from that to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you could not contribute to a team in a way that you wanted to?   Answer Question

SSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in January 2015.

Interview

The interview/ hiring process can take a while. From the day I submited my application to the day I got hired and went to my orientation was about 7 weeks with 4 interviews and a day I rode along with an employee to get a feel of things. It all makes sense in the end though, they are trying to hire quality people. I have a very optimistic outlook and can't wait to see where cintas takes me!

Interview Questions

• There was an array of questions but the one I remember most was to state a time where I went above and beyond my job duties to get a job done.   Answer Question