Cintas

Updated Nov 26, 2014

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

You will go through 6-9 interviews. Every member of the sales management team will also interview. The sales team wants to have a say who gets hired so they can drive production to meet they unrealistic goals. They expect the production Supervisor to do miracles that they cannot achieve either.

Interview Questions
    They do not pay what the median salary shows.

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in June 2014.

I applied online and was asked to come in for an initial interview, that I was thought to be a potential fit for the position. I interviewed with 4 service managers, the GM, and participated in a ride-along. It felt as though they really wanted to make sure they hired the right person to avoid turnover and achieve longevity with an employee...big selling point

Interview Questions
    • STAR oriented interview, as well as, "what do you expect from an employer as well as an employee?"
      "Give three reasons why Cintas should hire you."
        Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cintas in June 2014.

They seemed to have a competitive structure for pay. I had never done outside sales and they called me in for the interview. However, I didn't get a second call because I didn't have outside sales experience. I found this quite ironic since it was clear that all of my 15 years experience was from an inside perspective. In this case, they should have pre-qualified with a phone interview to determine if this would be an option for me instead of having me come in and waste my time. They obviously wanted previous outside experience and would have known I didn't have any from a phone screening.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult - they mostly just asked to dissect your employment and sales background.   Answer Question

Garment Hanger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harahan, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harahan, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas in June 2014.

I put in an application over two months ago via indeed. I had my interview today!!! YESSSSS!!!!! I actually had 5 different interviews today...The first man was really nice he asked me many questions off of I guess an interview sheet... He stated he enjoyed the interview and loved my personality..I was moved on to another interview...Same process and I did a walk through with him in the plant.... He moved me on to the 3rd interview...She was really nice she also liked my personality than I interviewed with someone from HR...Than I interviewed with the GM.... He drilled me with questions...Wondered why I was been state to state...He stated that it scared him that I moved around so much....Overall my interview went good and Im hoping to get a call back!!!

Interview Questions
    • did i ever do a mistake and admitted to it even if it would have been better not to?
      What I like best about my present employer and what I liked least??
      How would I deal with an aggressive situation??
        Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cintas in June 2014.

The interview process followed a script of seven questions, all of which asked me to describe past situations that I had experienced in previous positions. There were no surprises here, and the interviewer was very friendly; the process was relaxed and professional. He answered all of my questions, and gave me his business card, just in case I needed more information about the position or the company.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me an example of a time that you made a serious error, and tell me your resolution.   View Answer

Cintas Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

Worked there as a temp for 3.5 months, then became hired in with a 90 day probation period.
    Went through 4 interviews, 2 drug tests (one was with the temp agency,) background check, driving record check, and an orientation.

The interview had some light behavioral stuff; how you would react to a disagreement with a co-worker, what was your greatest achievement, etc.

Interview Questions
    Pay in very non-negotiable.

FS Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

Be prepared for lengthy interview process consisting of a basic phone interview with the sales manager, a face-to-face interview with sales manager, field ride along, director of sales, and finally VP of sales. Due to my busy schedule it took over 3 months to complete the interview process and get an offer. If you are getting passed onto the next step its obviously a good sign...be prepared to close and ask for the job the closer it gets to the end of the interview process. I personally closed 4 times when I interviewed with the VP of sales. After you get approved to be hired there is a casual meet and greet with the GM of the location and Sales Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview has a packet of roughly 8-10 questions that are required for the interviewer to fill out. Interviews questions are pretty simple that are primarily based around "give me an example of a time when..." About half of the questions are related to sales situations and the other half are general work situations. Can relate the questions to work, volunteer, school, or any situation that you believe relevant.   Answer Question
    Salary is the only negotiable part. Just have a number in mind going into the Meet and Greet with the GM and Sales Manager and justify why you believe you deserve the salary. Requested salary was met the next day when position at the location was offered.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

The interviewer was well prepared and very nice. Answered any and all questions. The questions were prepared in advance, and asked about experience and STAR based questions. The first interview was more of a screening. The second was a computer based test and a tour of the company. Everything was very through.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cintas.

I applied online after I met with them at a job fair. They called me the following day and did an on the spot short phone interview. These questions ranged from simple things like relocation, and if I can work in the US to a few behavioral based questions. However, they did also ask two uncomfortable questions over the phone. "What is your desired salary?" and "Are you doing any other interviews? and if so with who?" Personally I didn't think it was any of their business.

After completing this interview, she invited me in for an interview on location two days later. I showed 15 minutes early and they started the interview 15 late. I went through three scripted behavioral based interviews, each lasting about 20 minutes, and asking about 5-6 questions. They seem to go really well, everyone was nice. Then for my 4th interview of the day I met with the branch manager. His interview style was not at all scripted, he was sarcastic in an inappropriate way. He covered my resume highlighting everything but my top accomplishments and asked questions about them. It was really more of a grilling session to see if I could handle it I think, but in a rude way. At that point I was turned off from the branch.

They never called to say that I wasn't moving on, but frankly I'm glad they didn't.

Interview Questions
    • They were interested in what I know in the company that was more than just the basics.   Answer Question
    • How do you measure success?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went beyond what you were asked to do.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a project didn't work out the way it was supposed to.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cintas in May 2014.

I interviewed with Cintas at a hiring conference hosted by a junior military officer recruiter company. Two general managers interviewed me. The style was relaxed and friendly. Questions focused on leadership/management style and ability to communicate effectively with clients.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about how you would deal with employees or clients in difficult situations.   Answer Question