Cintas

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

You do an interview with sales managers at the location, then do a field ride, then interview with a director, and the final interview is with the Vice president. Once all the interviews are complete you do a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to close multiple times in the interview.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Went on countless interviews through my University with several men who were the heads of their department. They are intimidated by someone who wants to further their education and not want to be stuck in one position for however long they decide to keep you around. Also, you will be relocating with no assistance & idea until the last minute.

First Aid/Safety Outside Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cintas in July 2014.

Spoke to a recruiter who was Awful at returning calls and didnt appear to be very bright. Finally I was asked to block out 7@m-12 Noon from my day for the interview process. I was truly amazed that they wanted me to show up at 7@m for a 5 hr process so I almost didnt show up. I went ahead and Arribes at 6:45@m to locked doors at the HQ. I was let in by an employee and took a seat in the waiting área. I was told that I would meet with 9 people ranging from Directors to Regional Sales Managers. The first interview was with 3 sales mgrs from different areas of the midwest. I felt like I Did very well and had several good questions that they answered sufficiently. That took 45 min so they took me back to waiting room Where I Sat for 10 min. The Regional Mgr came to get me and we went to the Directors Office. I felt really good about that hr Long session as well. They whisked me back to the waiting área Where I Sat for 15 min. At that point I am starting to get hungry knowing I have 3 more hrs of interviews. I then meet with 3 Midwest Mgrs in A room off the cafeteria. Everyone I am Meeting with are in their late 20's to early 30's. They kept stressing the corporate culture and how imoortant it is as well as the emphasis of veo g part If a Team. Finally after 4 hrs I finally Met with the final 3 people all Mgrs out of Chicago and at that point I was Slap happy. I walked out that day thinking what in the World Did I just go through. I called the recruiter a few days later and she told me that they are going in a different direction. Its my assumption that Cintas is Looking for young professionals whom they can train and mold into their culture. They are NOT interested in someone with 17 yrs sales experience who could Drive revenue and be an asset. Oh and they also want You to bring in all of your awards, trophys, emails of praise, etc ie Brag Book which I thought was rather cheesey. I have been very successful and I value compensation for my hard work NOT measley crystal paper weights and Such.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all Star Formar. What was your greatest sale?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

Went through the hiring process for Service Manager. I was recruited off of a social networking site and applied online. Approximately two weeks later, I received a phone call and a request for a phone screening. A couple of days later, I was screened and then given a date two weeks later for an in-person interview.

The first interview was with the Plant Manager. Here I was asked standard STAR questions about my background. I was given another date a week later for another interview. The second interview was with the Market Manager. I was asked the same STAR questions (I mean the exact same) and was given a tour of the Plant.

I was told at the end of the second interview, that I was moving forward to the ride-a-long portion of the process. Here I worked an 8 hour shift along side a crew. A week after, I called to inquire where the process was going from there as I was left in limbo from the ride-a-long.

Two weeks after the ride-a-long, I was given a third interview with a senior service manager. This was the a weird interview! He asked the same exact STAR questions that were previously asked, but did so in a way that rushed the process. I think this one was like 15 minutes tops! He told me I would be contacted.

Four weeks after the third interview, I received a call informing me that I was being given another interview that would be conducted two weeks later. I went to the interview with, I believe some sort of VP? Not really sure! Anyway, I was informed about where the process was and was asked a series of questions related to my pay requirements.

When I was recruited for this position, I was told that the pay was 75k! This job was not 75k! More like 40k! I have an MBA, so when asked what my pay requirements were, I told the truth. I think both parties came to the same conclusion that I was not a good fit for this position! Good experience though! I am always willing to hone my interviewing skills. I am sure they got the tone that I had lost my interest in month 2 of the 3 month process though! LOL

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like your pay to be? What are your thoughts on human fecal matter? LOL   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

Long interview process, usually about 4-5 interviews in about a month or 2 time spam, interview with sales manager, general manager, sales director and HR manager/Office Manager, this is in addition of a ride along with a senior sales representative

Interview Questions
    • None that pop in my mind, a lot of them were the same question asked in a different way   View Answers (3)
    No negotiation allowed

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in July 2014.

Applied for HR Manager job at Cintas online. Job description was very generic - exact same description used for other HR Manager jobs at Cintas across the US. While general duties are going to be the same across the different locations, the generic description did not provide much detail into the day to day challenges and opportunities or how much time (% wise) someone might expect to spend on various HR duties. Five (5) weeks after applying, I was invited to participate in first-round phone interview with the regional HR director.

Research conducted online (at glassdoor.com and other sites) suggested that the salary range was pretty low for a HR Manager position -- around 40-60K with salaries in the very low 50's to be average. This is not a competitive salary at all for a HR Manager position (perhaps the position should be renamed something else to avoid misleading candidates??) And, the position requires 2-4 years of experience and "prefers" (but does not require) a degree which, again, is not commensurate with true HR Manager roles in large corporations. I have a graduate degree and over 10 years of HR management experience, so I suspected I might be overqualified for this role. I still agreed to participate in the interview as I wanted to learn more about the position.

Phone interview starts off with the expected question, "why are you interested in this job opportunity?" Easy question to answer -- anyone who has prepared for an interview should be able to answer this with a solid answer. The second -- yes, SECOND -- question asked was, "what are your salary expectations?" Well, gee, how about we talk about what the JOB entails before we start talking about salary?? I mean, yes, I have an idea of what I'd like to earn. But given that Cintas published a very generic job description, and uses the EXACT SAME generic job description for ALL HR Manager positions across the good ol' US, I truly had no idea if this particular position is a very labor-intensive one, if it's a totally easy job, what area(s) the HR Manager would be spending most of his/her time on, etc. As a job candidate, I may be willing to accept a lower salary than what I am currently making, or I may expect a salary within or even above my preferred ballpark -- it really depends on what I'm being asked to do. My response to that question was, "I expect to be compensated for my experience and expertise in alignment with the job responsibilities. I'd like to learn more about the specific job responsibilities in order to accurately assess what my expectations are for compensation." It was very obvious that the interviewer didn't like that response. Interviewer uttered a response that I perceived to be a defensive response. So I asked what the salary range for the position was, just so I could have an idea if we're talking about a job in the 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. The interviewer refused to tell me the range. I have no idea why the range is such a secret, but whatever. So, needless to say, things went south at that point. Interviewer went on to say that there's very high turnover at the location and the HR Manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring, and retaining unskilled labor. Interviewer estimated that about 40-50% of the job currently deals with recruiting unskilled labor and said "this is a very challenging job" as the particular location currently does not have enough labor to run the business efficiently. The HR Manager is tasked with handling all HR functions and ensuring that they have all positions filled so they can run their operations.

So -- I got clarification on what the job does at that particular Cintas location. It is not something I'm interested in doing, so the job was not a good fit for me professionally.

On the plus side, it does sound like Cintas (corporate) has an impressive HR training program in-house -- lots of opportunity for training, networking, etc.

I have to say I wasn't impressed with the interviewer or the interviewer's attitude (expected much more from someone who is supposedly in a HR director role).

I followed-up by sending the interview an email: "thanks for your time. I'd like to withdraw from further consideration as I don't think this position is a good fit for me following our discussion. I wish you the best in filing this position."

FYI -- two months after my initial application, I noticed that the position is still posted (it's showing up on my HR feeds as a recently posted opportunity, so it's clear they are still recruiting and/or refreshing the posting in an effort to try to find SOMEONE wiling to do this job for (presumably) a pretty low salary.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations? This was the SECOND question asked. See my review and advice to candidates.   Answer Question

Route Check-in Coordinator Interview

There are three interviews in the process, and they are very good at getting back to you to let you know where they are with you in the process. They are also very thorough, so be as prepared as possible to answer many questions.

Interview Questions
    • There's not one particular question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

It was a very lengthy process involving many people, multiple steps, a working day in the field, background check, physical, etc. It took several weeks to go through it all.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

You will go through 6-9 interviews. Every member of the sales management team will also interview. The sales team wants to have a say who gets hired so they can drive production to meet they unrealistic goals. They expect the production Supervisor to do miracles that they cannot achieve either.

Interview Questions
    They do not pay what the median salary shows.

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in June 2014.

I applied online and was asked to come in for an initial interview, that I was thought to be a potential fit for the position. I interviewed with 4 service managers, the GM, and participated in a ride-along. It felt as though they really wanted to make sure they hired the right person to avoid turnover and achieve longevity with an employee...big selling point

Interview Questions
    • STAR oriented interview, as well as, "what do you expect from an employer as well as an employee?"
      "Give three reasons why Cintas should hire you."

Answer Question