Cintas Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas (Irvington, NJ).

Interview

Met with 3 different people, each interview consisted of STAR type of questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Four Rounds of Interviews, One on Campus, One at Regional Headquarters, One with General Manager, and one with Lateral. Interviews are all based on STAR method and they really care about being mobile.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed at a project and had to report it to a manager or mentor.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cintas in July 2013.

Interview

I got a call from HR. Called me out to their office & hours away. They were interviewing all the management trainee positions on the same day. They put us all in the same waiting room, which I thought was unprofessional and awkward. Took a 120 question test, then I met with the manager. I got an email 2 days later saying they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond what was asked of you   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Applied online and also through the Cal Guard Work for Warriors program. It was rather relaxed. The Manager and I got along great and he told me a few times how I was more qualified than most people they get applying, with my military and degree/work experience. He also asked a few curious questions about my Guard commitment. And then I didn't even get a second interview. I don't think they wanted someone still in the Guard, though they claim to be a very pro military company.

Interview Questions

• They were all very standard situational type questions. "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor" and stuff like that. Pretty simple if you have any life experience at all.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

1) Original interview with human resource manager
    2) A logic/reasoning exam
    3) Interview day, many twenty-thirty minute interviews
    4) Phone Interview with a VP

Was given a choice of location, and no real negotiation. Benefits are good, salary bumps up after a year.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you were part of a team that was unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2013.

Interview

The process is quite drawn out and is fairly intimidating. A culmination of 4 interviews led to lunch with the regional vice president. The interviews involved about 6-8 role-playing questions per and then allowed time for looser structured questions for the interviewer and interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took the initiative to improve the safety of your work environment and what difference did it make?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Mason, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Cintas first and foremost requires an online application, which requires you to register with their career "portal" and answer general questions regarding your credentials and past experience, as well as a short list of screening questions to see whether or not you meet their basic requirements for the position you are applying for.
    If you meet these basic requirements, Cintas will get in touch with you and request a 30 minute phone interview to further discuss the position and answer any questions you may have about that position.
    The next step in the process (you will typically hear back via email or phone within 10 days), a "2nd round interview" takes place that consists of physically visiting the location you'd be working at. There you will typically meet the recruiter who got in touch with you regarding your application, as well as the people you'd be working with and/or under (depending on whether your position is an entry level position or not).
    After this takes place, Cintas requires a general test/assessment for their applicants to see their leadership skills and style, test your basic math skills, etc.
    Depending on how many candidates are being interviewed for the position, you could wait up to another 10 days to hear back from Cintas. The next step is either a formal declination, offer of employment, suggestion to apply to another position that they believe you may fit better in, or request for a third and final interview.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one question that was too difficult - all ranged about the same. Just be sure to answer the questions in a way that reflects your desire for the position!   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very long and drawn out to make sure you are the right choice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took charge of a safety issue?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied through my university's career website, and was chosen for a first round on-campus interview about one week later. There was a mandatory information session for all who were chosen, the day before interviews took place. Meeting the campus recruiters in a less formal setting was definitely a plus. The first round interview consisted of pretty standard questions about your background and why you are qualified for the position.

A couple weeks later they asked all candidates to take one of those standard behavioral and mental reasoning tests. Pretty easy and standard stuff. A couple weeks after that, the campus recruiter informed about six of us that we would be interviewing at corporate headquarters in Mason, OH. Three of us ended up going.

This was a pretty standard day of presentations and interviews - tour of the facility, informal lunch conversations, and interviews with three different types of company managers. Just a standard behavioral interview, with questions coming straight off a sheet of paper. A couple of the interviewers seemed more inclined to just have a conversation, and were reluctant to even be asking the formal questions. Nothing out of the ordinary in what was about a two-month process.

Interview Questions

• Just standard behavioral questions, background information, etc.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Madison, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

Met the recruiter at the campus career fair. She followed up the next day asking me to apply online. The online application took a very long time because it asked for 10 years of work history. After I completed that, I scheduled an interview. The interview lasted about a half hour. I thought the interview went well but I was not asked to move on to the next round.