Cintas Management Trainee Interview Questions

3.2

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University City, St. Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

I first had an interview with Cintas in St. Louis at a recruiting event put together by my college. During the initial interview, I was asked behavioral interview questions that weren't very difficult. They later contacted me by email inviting me to visit one of their locations in University City to spend a few hours being interviewed, touring the location, and having lunch. When I arrived, I found out that they had actually invited 5 of us (they had made it sound like it was going to be an individual interview.) We first had the manager speak to us and were then all put on some old glitchy computers to take a 116 question test that included questions intended to test our intelligence level and personality type. They also made us all re-apply for the position on the computers because they said that their system had deleted our previous applications. After the test, I went upstairs and joined the other applicants and a few managers for lunch (they ordered pizza). I noticed that one of the applicants was missing from lunch. All of us in the room speculated that his test was just taking longer than normal due to the technical problems with their computers. After we ate, the 3 other applicants in the room were taken by other managers for individual interviews. The HR guy (who I thought was very unprofessional) came in and took me back downstairs. He told me that there had been a technical error with my test and the test of the applicant who was missing at lunch and that we could not be interviewed at that time. I had driven 3 hours to get there and told him that. This was also the day before Thanksgiving. I ended up leaving without being interviewed. Based on his behavior, I think that he didn't like the results of my personality test and didn't have the guts to tell me face to face. He told me that he would call me when the technical problem with their system had been fixed. I never heard back. This may not be representative of all locations. However, the people from Cintas that I dealt with were extremely unprofessional. Don't expect a lot from them.

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

I met with the recruiters at the Career Fair at my University. The first interview was scheduled for the second day of the Career Fair and it went really well. The employees of Cintas were all very friendly and made me feel at ease. I was invited back to Puyallup for a final interview. This consisted of a plant tour, and four separate hour-long interviews. Again, I felt very comfortable with all of the interviewers. They asked questions like: Name a time when you had to choose between creating quality product and meeting a deadline. I am still waiting to hear back from them, though it's only been two weeks since my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever had to tell a supervisor of a mistake you made and what were the consequences of that mistake?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

After filling out the application I was contacted and asked to come in for an initial interview with the recruiter. This interview was 1 on 1 and asked basic questions like what do you know about Cintas and why do you think you are a good fit for the job. 2 weeks later after contacting the recruiter I was told that I could come in for an interview with the plant and district manager. They asked similar questions and also name I time when your work was criticized. Interview, I felt went well however never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in July 2011.

I met a very nice HR manager at my school’s career fair. She was pleased that I was willing to work for them. I met with the GM at a Starbucks and the initial interview went well. I received an email a few days later for a plant tour with one of the managers. However, the GM showed up to do the tour and explained that the manager who was supposed to do the tour with me that day had to come early the previous day to resolve a particular issue and worked long hours, therefore the manager was off that day.

We did the plant tour and we continued with the interview at his office. He asked me some questions about my previous job and he was pretty impressed about my resume. He asked a question about how I was able to manage some of the very expensive equipment in my inventory, and I think that he didn’t understand how someone could handle such a huge responsibility. I don’t know if he was intimated but he tried to offer me a different position which was a plant supervisor. I told him that I was not interested in that position. I applied for a management trainee position and that was what I was there for. He told me that the position was cancelled. I was surprised because they wasted my time for no reason. After I told him that I was willing to relocate within the state, he offered to contact another general manager in Everett to see if a management trainee would be opened in a near future.

I emailed and called him later but never received a response. I was happy about the outcome because after reading a post on this site from a current management trainee who mentioned cleaning restrooms at customers’ site (part of Cintas’ service) due to staff shortage… Cintas can count me out… I did not go to college to clean restrooms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2011.

I went through a series of three different phases, where I was first interviewed, tested, and then intereviewed again in a round robin fashion where I met managers from all around the country. The first interview was the most nerve racking for me. The testing was extremely easy. In my opinion, the final round of interviewing was the easiest part. You meet with three different managers from different parts of the business. The atmosphere was very relaxed. They ask you simple behavioral and situational questions where they expect you to respond in STAR format. If you have a little bit of experience and went to a good school you should be able to answer these questions no problem. Be loose and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Could you describe a time where you put in extra long hours on a job or project where you saw excellent results?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate where I wanted to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Cintas in March 2011.

The interview process started out with a highly encouraged informational session to attend. After the session, you pick an interview time to be held on the next day. The interview consisted of one on one interviews with upper level management to determine your qualifications, availability and expectations before entering into the field. Th

Interview Questions
    • What personal attribute do you possess that you think will be the most transferable on the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in February 2011.

the first step was a phone call confirming a 1:1 interview but the phone call was almost an interview in itself. The 1:1 interview took place on campus and they later invited a few of the student who interviewed well to dinner. About a week later they call back and schedule a Personality test. The personality test is where they separate a few from the pack. I had higher GPA than many of the people they called for a final interview with VPs, recruiters, etc. but didn't have the personality type they were looking for.

P.S. - Most of the people who you meet in the interview process are great, but the recruiter I personally dealt with kind of sucked.

Interview Questions
    • What has your previous work experience taught you and how will it help you at cintas   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Cintas in June 2010.

Started out with a one hour tour of the facility. Then interviewed with three separate managers(?), for about half an hour each. The first interviewer worked in sales, the second in services, and the third was the plant manager. Overall the questions were pretty basic and nothing very unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cintas in February 2010.

I interviewed through college career services for the management trainee position. Was informed that it would be 5-7 days that I would hear one way or another. The interviewer started by briefly telling me about herself and her career path which set an easy tone for the interview. She took notes on a form during the interview. I was told that management trainees work for 10 hors per day on the 1st or 2nd shift and that if someone calls out sick you would be doing the not-so-glamorous work of doing laundry etc. depending on which department you're working in during the rotation. Truly is a rotational program not just a catch phrase for a sales job which seems to be the trend in my experience. You are actually working in each of the different departments for a designated period of time and then you move on to the next through a 2-year structured program. Starting salary is $40,000 + benefits. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay organized?   View Answer
    • What do I know about Cintas?   View Answer
    • How do I feel about doing the grunt work if someone calls out sick and working with unskilled-labor?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in November 2009.

After an initial phone interview I met with the GMs of two offices and the regional HR lady. This was AFTER I had been in and completed the skills test. Overall, I had 4 interactions with Cintas, but was eventually declined a job.

Make sure you have ready examples of management experience, and answers to typical behavior questions. Including some unique questions (Describe a time when you developed a new approach to doing a previous job and it was adopted by other employyees).