Cintas

3.2

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in April 2012.

The interview process is very long and drawn out. I went through four different rounds over the course of 6-8 weeks.

The first round was pretty straight forward, just a phone interview with the local HR manager. I felt that part was pretty easy.

I did a personality test online and was called back a few days later to come in for an in person interview

I did a 3 part interview with different managers in the facility. Some of the questions were a little difficult, but if you remain confident and think quick on your feet you will be fine. It was challenging but a great experience. I definitely learned a lot that I can take with me into future interviews.

I felt like I aced the first two so I was feeling good about being called in for a 3rd interview. I had to travel about 90 minutes to interview at another plant with the regional sales manager and the regional HR manager. It was the classic episode of good cop, bad cop. The HR manager was pleasant but I was verbally attacked and borderline verbally abused by the regional sales manager. I was asked extremely detailed questions about projects and positions I had held over a year back. I did my best to answer the questions, but they were trying to catch me in lies and trip me up. Be prepared for anything in this round. They want to see how you act under pressure. I would advise you to bring any documentation to referred back in this interview stage. You may need to refer to it. Know your resume very well!

Surprisingly I got a call back for a fourth and final interview with the regional VP. It was over 2 weeks before I heard back so I'm guessing they had someone else as their top candidate and that person either bombed the final interview or chose to go elsewhere.

The fourth interview went really well. The regional VP was a really nice guy and seemed to really be interested in what I had to say. I enjoyed our conversation. I did well and I was extended an offer 2 days later over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • In your previous sales positions, what was your closing rate?   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere.

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

The first interview was a phone interview that was pretty straight forward. Standard behavioral questions. They then make you take an IQ type test that consists of over 100 questions. The IQ test is not hard if you take your time to really think about the question or if you have taken these before. After I passed the test they invited me to a round robin style interview in their Mason,Oh HQ location. There is a very strict clean shaven policy at Cintas so make sure you shave before hand. Also wear a suit and tie and bring something professional looking to write on. During this phase there are a lot of GM's from all over the region and they sit at a table with you. Depending on your section you will interview before or after lunch. During lunch you can have small talk with the GM's and ask any questions that you want. Word of advice, be loose and be confident and you should have no problems locking down a position. You will have 3 back to back interviews with the GMs so you should prepare plenty of examples ahead of time in order to answer each manager differently, I think this helped me out. All in all it was a really laid back process and if you go in to it thinking you will get the job chances are you will get the job. Cintas is very serious about their culture so make sure you read up on it and relate your answers to their culture. If your values don't match up with theirs then don't even bother applying. They reward hard work. Answer all questions using the STAR technique.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you worked with a particularly difficult group"   Answer Question
    • "Name a time you attempted a task with no previous information or training and explain how you handled it."   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairburn, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairburn, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

It was an great experience. Sounds like a growing company and they are making huge strides in their efforts to bring in Managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

After applying online, I met with the company at a college career fair and got to know them as well as the position I applied for. Shortly after, I got called in for an interview which consisted of an hour test on the computer and about an hour interviewing with 2 different managers. I also went on a tour of the facility and was out of there 4 hours later. A week later, I got called into another interview with 3 other candidates. We cycled through and interview with 3 different managers (behavioral and situational questions) then they took us to lunch and interviewed with one more after. This was a total of 5 hours. Then a week later they sent out an email saying I did not get chosen for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation when you did not agree with a way your manager told you to do something, so you did it another way instead.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

It took at least two and half weeks for a response. I received a phone call for a interview scheduled for March 15. I prepare myself by actually knowing what services they provide and such. Have a couple of spare resumes, just in case. Day of the interview, came to the Harahan, LA (New Orleans Region) location early to be punctual. Notify the secretary that I have appointment with the Senior HR Manager. Waited at least 15-20 minutes after the set appointment time till the HR Manager came and introduced herself. The feel was very neutral and calming, she asked general questions like "what are three qualities that see yourself to qualify for this job?" and such. I was certain that I aced the interview. The interviewer let me that the "work/life balance" is very important and that they don't work weekends, which was a shocker since I also checked on here about Cintas, but that was after the fact I applied for this position. She did mention relocation, which was not on the job description.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in January 2012.

First step was the initial phone screening which was very basic. One on one interview consisted of a 116 question test which wasn't too hard if you think out some of the math problems. The one on one interview was also very basic. I was not who they were looking for so I can't say anything against the company

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you enforced a safety policy   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in December 2011.

Cintas is a great corporation, and I was excited to head to the on-site interview after a 1:1 interview and then an online test. They then invite you to their headquarters in Mason. Once you're there you take a tour of the facility and jump right into three interviews with different managers. The people I interviewed with were great but the recruiter was very pushy and arrogant, calling my decision to want to remain in the Midwest "ridiculous" it was rather off putting

Interview Questions
    • What is more important, meeting deadlines or having a good quality of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

I first had an interview with Cintas in St. Louis at a recruiting event put together by my college. During the initial interview, I was asked behavioral interview questions that weren't very difficult. They later contacted me by email inviting me to visit one of their locations in University City to spend a few hours being interviewed, touring the location, and having lunch. When I arrived, I found out that they had actually invited 5 of us (they had made it sound like it was going to be an individual interview.) We first had the manager speak to us and were then all put on some old glitchy computers to take a 116 question test that included questions intended to test our intelligence level and personality type. They also made us all re-apply for the position on the computers because they said that their system had deleted our previous applications. After the test, I went upstairs and joined the other applicants and a few managers for lunch (they ordered pizza). I noticed that one of the applicants was missing from lunch. All of us in the room speculated that his test was just taking longer than normal due to the technical problems with their computers. After we ate, the 3 other applicants in the room were taken by other managers for individual interviews. The HR guy (who I thought was very unprofessional) came in and took me back downstairs. He told me that there had been a technical error with my test and the test of the applicant who was missing at lunch and that we could not be interviewed at that time. I had driven 3 hours to get there and told him that. This was also the day before Thanksgiving. I ended up leaving without being interviewed. Based on his behavior, I think that he didn't like the results of my personality test and didn't have the guts to tell me face to face. He told me that he would call me when the technical problem with their system had been fixed. I never heard back. This may not be representative of all locations. However, the people from Cintas that I dealt with were extremely unprofessional. Don't expect a lot from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

I met with the recruiters at the Career Fair at my University. The first interview was scheduled for the second day of the Career Fair and it went really well. The employees of Cintas were all very friendly and made me feel at ease. I was invited back to Puyallup for a final interview. This consisted of a plant tour, and four separate hour-long interviews. Again, I felt very comfortable with all of the interviewers. They asked questions like: Name a time when you had to choose between creating quality product and meeting a deadline. I am still waiting to hear back from them, though it's only been two weeks since my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever had to tell a supervisor of a mistake you made and what were the consequences of that mistake?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

After filling out the application I was contacted and asked to come in for an initial interview with the recruiter. This interview was 1 on 1 and asked basic questions like what do you know about Cintas and why do you think you are a good fit for the job. 2 weeks later after contacting the recruiter I was told that I could come in for an interview with the plant and district manager. They asked similar questions and also name I time when your work was criticized. Interview, I felt went well however never heard back from them.