Cintas

Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

After applying online, I met with the company at a college career fair and got to know them as well as the position I applied for. Shortly after, I got called in for an interview which consisted of an hour test on the computer and about an hour interviewing with 2 different managers. I also went on a tour of the facility and was out of there 4 hours later. A week later, I got called into another interview with 3 other candidates. We cycled through and interview with 3 different managers (behavioral and situational questions) then they took us to lunch and interviewed with one more after. This was a total of 5 hours. Then a week later they sent out an email saying I did not get chosen for the final interview.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation when you did not agree with a way your manager told you to do something, so you did it another way instead.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

It took at least two and half weeks for a response. I received a phone call for a interview scheduled for March 15. I prepare myself by actually knowing what services they provide and such. Have a couple of spare resumes, just in case. Day of the interview, came to the Harahan, LA (New Orleans Region) location early to be punctual. Notify the secretary that I have appointment with the Senior HR Manager. Waited at least 15-20 minutes after the set appointment time till the HR Manager came and introduced herself. The feel was very neutral and calming, she asked general questions like "what are three qualities that see yourself to qualify for this job?" and such. I was certain that I aced the interview. The interviewer let me that the "work/life balance" is very important and that they don't work weekends, which was a shocker since I also checked on here about Cintas, but that was after the fact I applied for this position. She did mention relocation, which was not on the job description.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in January 2012.

First step was the initial phone screening which was very basic. One on one interview consisted of a 116 question test which wasn't too hard if you think out some of the math problems. The one on one interview was also very basic. I was not who they were looking for so I can't say anything against the company

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you enforced a safety policy   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in December 2011.

Cintas is a great corporation, and I was excited to head to the on-site interview after a 1:1 interview and then an online test. They then invite you to their headquarters in Mason. Once you're there you take a tour of the facility and jump right into three interviews with different managers. The people I interviewed with were great but the recruiter was very pushy and arrogant, calling my decision to want to remain in the Midwest "ridiculous" it was rather off putting

Interview Questions
    • What is more important, meeting deadlines or having a good quality of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in University City, St. Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in University City, St. Louis, MO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

I first had an interview with Cintas in St. Louis at a recruiting event put together by my college. During the initial interview, I was asked behavioral interview questions that weren't very difficult. They later contacted me by email inviting me to visit one of their locations in University City to spend a few hours being interviewed, touring the location, and having lunch. When I arrived, I found out that they had actually invited 5 of us (they had made it sound like it was going to be an individual interview.) We first had the manager speak to us and were then all put on some old glitchy computers to take a 116 question test that included questions intended to test our intelligence level and personality type. They also made us all re-apply for the position on the computers because they said that their system had deleted our previous applications. After the test, I went upstairs and joined the other applicants and a few managers for lunch (they ordered pizza). I noticed that one of the applicants was missing from lunch. All of us in the room speculated that his test was just taking longer than normal due to the technical problems with their computers. After we ate, the 3 other applicants in the room were taken by other managers for individual interviews. The HR guy (who I thought was very unprofessional) came in and took me back downstairs. He told me that there had been a technical error with my test and the test of the applicant who was missing at lunch and that we could not be interviewed at that time. I had driven 3 hours to get there and told him that. This was also the day before Thanksgiving. I ended up leaving without being interviewed. Based on his behavior, I think that he didn't like the results of my personality test and didn't have the guts to tell me face to face. He told me that he would call me when the technical problem with their system had been fixed. I never heard back. This may not be representative of all locations. However, the people from Cintas that I dealt with were extremely unprofessional. Don't expect a lot from them.

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

I met with the recruiters at the Career Fair at my University. The first interview was scheduled for the second day of the Career Fair and it went really well. The employees of Cintas were all very friendly and made me feel at ease. I was invited back to Puyallup for a final interview. This consisted of a plant tour, and four separate hour-long interviews. Again, I felt very comfortable with all of the interviewers. They asked questions like: Name a time when you had to choose between creating quality product and meeting a deadline. I am still waiting to hear back from them, though it's only been two weeks since my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever had to tell a supervisor of a mistake you made and what were the consequences of that mistake?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in November 2011.

After filling out the application I was contacted and asked to come in for an initial interview with the recruiter. This interview was 1 on 1 and asked basic questions like what do you know about Cintas and why do you think you are a good fit for the job. 2 weeks later after contacting the recruiter I was told that I could come in for an interview with the plant and district manager. They asked similar questions and also name I time when your work was criticized. Interview, I felt went well however never heard back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in July 2011.

I met a very nice HR manager at my school’s career fair. She was pleased that I was willing to work for them. I met with the GM at a Starbucks and the initial interview went well. I received an email a few days later for a plant tour with one of the managers. However, the GM showed up to do the tour and explained that the manager who was supposed to do the tour with me that day had to come early the previous day to resolve a particular issue and worked long hours, therefore the manager was off that day.

We did the plant tour and we continued with the interview at his office. He asked me some questions about my previous job and he was pretty impressed about my resume. He asked a question about how I was able to manage some of the very expensive equipment in my inventory, and I think that he didn’t understand how someone could handle such a huge responsibility. I don’t know if he was intimated but he tried to offer me a different position which was a plant supervisor. I told him that I was not interested in that position. I applied for a management trainee position and that was what I was there for. He told me that the position was cancelled. I was surprised because they wasted my time for no reason. After I told him that I was willing to relocate within the state, he offered to contact another general manager in Everett to see if a management trainee would be opened in a near future.

I emailed and called him later but never received a response. I was happy about the outcome because after reading a post on this site from a current management trainee who mentioned cleaning restrooms at customers’ site (part of Cintas’ service) due to staff shortage… Cintas can count me out… I did not go to college to clean restrooms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2011.

I went through a series of three different phases, where I was first interviewed, tested, and then intereviewed again in a round robin fashion where I met managers from all around the country. The first interview was the most nerve racking for me. The testing was extremely easy. In my opinion, the final round of interviewing was the easiest part. You meet with three different managers from different parts of the business. The atmosphere was very relaxed. They ask you simple behavioral and situational questions where they expect you to respond in STAR format. If you have a little bit of experience and went to a good school you should be able to answer these questions no problem. Be loose and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Could you describe a time where you put in extra long hours on a job or project where you saw excellent results?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate where I wanted to go.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in March 2011.

The interview process started out with a highly encouraged informational session to attend. After the session, you pick an interview time to be held on the next day. The interview consisted of one on one interviews with upper level management to determine your qualifications, availability and expectations before entering into the field. Th

Interview Questions
    • What personal attribute do you possess that you think will be the most transferable on the job?   Answer Question