Cintas Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cintas in December 2012.

Very lengthy interview process. Expect to be interviewed at least 4-5 times.

Interview Questions
  • Role play questions. Be prepared for situational questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

For the Management Trainee Position, I was recruited from a 4 Year Accredited University through our Career Services. It began with an info session meeting and an enhanced connection at on on-campus Career Event. These were followed by an on-campus interview and off-site round-robin (panel) interview. For some there was a possible additional phone interview after these series to perfect the match of your location and division.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you disagreed with a criticism given to you.   View Answer
    Position salary and offered vacation is determined by economical research. Process was conducted over the phone with the General Manager and the HR Regional Rep.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in October 2012.

I had two on campus interviews, one interview with the Regional manager, and then one interview at a location near me. The company is very cautious and picky when determing their selection.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral based questions were very tough and aimed at discovering a persons ethical decisions.   Answer Question
    The company believes great benefits such as 401k and medical costs and nationwide discounts offset high wage/salary.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in August 2012.

Did a phone interview first. That was easy straight forward questions. Then came to on site to interview with management. I arrived to the location and waited 45 mins to talk with HR. Then I interviewed with a short guy who acted like my best friend. He said "what's up ___" then tried a weird handshake on me. Asked me basic questions straight from a paper like how did I overcome challenges, blah blah. Nothing job specific. Then I took a tour of the facility, and they had me take an hour long assessment test which was mainly math questions. After that, I met with the location manager (who was also a really short guy). He pretty much asked the same questions as the phone interview and acted like a total prick to me. Also has little man syndrome. Then he proceeded to tell me how he is really successful and he makes a ton of money even with not having a bachelor's degree. I knew right from there, I do not want to work with this company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the toughest challenge you have overcame in life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in July 2012.

My process began with a half hour phone interview. A few weeks later I got called to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with four people in a round robin format and answered pretty basic questions, although some were challenging. I was there for 5 hours. I also took a test, which wasn't too bad. I got a call that same week and set up a phone interview with a V.P. for the next week. That was challenging because I couldn't get a read on whether he was interested or not.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to take charge of a safety issue.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in April 2012.

The interview process is very long and drawn out. I went through four different rounds over the course of 6-8 weeks.

The first round was pretty straight forward, just a phone interview with the local HR manager. I felt that part was pretty easy.

I did a personality test online and was called back a few days later to come in for an in person interview

I did a 3 part interview with different managers in the facility. Some of the questions were a little difficult, but if you remain confident and think quick on your feet you will be fine. It was challenging but a great experience. I definitely learned a lot that I can take with me into future interviews.

I felt like I aced the first two so I was feeling good about being called in for a 3rd interview. I had to travel about 90 minutes to interview at another plant with the regional sales manager and the regional HR manager. It was the classic episode of good cop, bad cop. The HR manager was pleasant but I was verbally attacked and borderline verbally abused by the regional sales manager. I was asked extremely detailed questions about projects and positions I had held over a year back. I did my best to answer the questions, but they were trying to catch me in lies and trip me up. Be prepared for anything in this round. They want to see how you act under pressure. I would advise you to bring any documentation to referred back in this interview stage. You may need to refer to it. Know your resume very well!

Surprisingly I got a call back for a fourth and final interview with the regional VP. It was over 2 weeks before I heard back so I'm guessing they had someone else as their top candidate and that person either bombed the final interview or chose to go elsewhere.

The fourth interview went really well. The regional VP was a really nice guy and seemed to really be interested in what I had to say. I enjoyed our conversation. I did well and I was extended an offer 2 days later over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • In your previous sales positions, what was your closing rate?   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

The first interview was a phone interview that was pretty straight forward. Standard behavioral questions. They then make you take an IQ type test that consists of over 100 questions. The IQ test is not hard if you take your time to really think about the question or if you have taken these before. After I passed the test they invited me to a round robin style interview in their Mason,Oh HQ location. There is a very strict clean shaven policy at Cintas so make sure you shave before hand. Also wear a suit and tie and bring something professional looking to write on. During this phase there are a lot of GM's from all over the region and they sit at a table with you. Depending on your section you will interview before or after lunch. During lunch you can have small talk with the GM's and ask any questions that you want. Word of advice, be loose and be confident and you should have no problems locking down a position. You will have 3 back to back interviews with the GMs so you should prepare plenty of examples ahead of time in order to answer each manager differently, I think this helped me out. All in all it was a really laid back process and if you go in to it thinking you will get the job chances are you will get the job. Cintas is very serious about their culture so make sure you read up on it and relate your answers to their culture. If your values don't match up with theirs then don't even bother applying. They reward hard work. Answer all questions using the STAR technique.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you worked with a particularly difficult group"   Answer Question
    • "Name a time you attempted a task with no previous information or training and explain how you handled it."   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairburn, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairburn, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

It was an great experience. Sounds like a growing company and they are making huge strides in their efforts to bring in Managers

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

After applying online, I met with the company at a college career fair and got to know them as well as the position I applied for. Shortly after, I got called in for an interview which consisted of an hour test on the computer and about an hour interviewing with 2 different managers. I also went on a tour of the facility and was out of there 4 hours later. A week later, I got called into another interview with 3 other candidates. We cycled through and interview with 3 different managers (behavioral and situational questions) then they took us to lunch and interviewed with one more after. This was a total of 5 hours. Then a week later they sent out an email saying I did not get chosen for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation when you did not agree with a way your manager told you to do something, so you did it another way instead.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in March 2012.

It took at least two and half weeks for a response. I received a phone call for a interview scheduled for March 15. I prepare myself by actually knowing what services they provide and such. Have a couple of spare resumes, just in case. Day of the interview, came to the Harahan, LA (New Orleans Region) location early to be punctual. Notify the secretary that I have appointment with the Senior HR Manager. Waited at least 15-20 minutes after the set appointment time till the HR Manager came and introduced herself. The feel was very neutral and calming, she asked general questions like "what are three qualities that see yourself to qualify for this job?" and such. I was certain that I aced the interview. The interviewer let me that the "work/life balance" is very important and that they don't work weekends, which was a shocker since I also checked on here about Cintas, but that was after the fact I applied for this position. She did mention relocation, which was not on the job description.