Cintas Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cintas in May 2014.

I interviewed with Cintas at a hiring conference hosted by a junior military officer recruiter company. Two general managers interviewed me. The style was relaxed and friendly. Questions focused on leadership/management style and ability to communicate effectively with clients.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about how you would deal with employees or clients in difficult situations.   Answer Question

SSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas in July 2012.

Same stupid question, over and over again, thru out 6 total interviews with a 2-1/2 hr drive. Then I got the call that hey we really liked you, but we just can't hire at this time. Again, why interview if you can't hire. But I had to call them, because they didn't have the balls to call when they said that they would. Then 3 months later, bam I get a call to go thru the interview process again and I said I won't drive up there all those time again! How rude..

Interview Questions
    • rate what is most important to you when it comes to money, family, work and praise for a job well done   View Answers (2)
    As bad as you may need a job, run, run very very fast from this company, they tell you what your job is, but it is a lie, there are so many unethical things you will be asked to do.

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in June 2011.

Hiring process is very long. It begins with a simple phone interview. Following that there are 3 more interviews with middle management than finally one with the location GM. During the interview process you will do a "ride along or route day." During this you will be assessed on your work ethic and willingness to learn along with seeing if you will like the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • The questions change a lot. There is no specific questions that i am aware of. The best thing that they like to hear is that you have an entrepreneurial spirit. They want you to take ownership of your route and be able to handle customer objections.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in September 2010.

It is imperative that all interviews begin on the website; regardless of how you obtain info on the position vacancy (ie, networking, word-of-mouth, etc).
    The first interview was completed via telephone with the HR rep, as well as my follow-on in-person interview. She was sharp as a tack, and asked the basic screening questions. I was then interviewed by 4 other people (the sales manager, another service manager, and finally the GM) , all in the same day as the initial in-person interview. The spectrum of personality types varied given the positions, the sales manager was very professional and had a pleasant demeanor. The service manager seemed a bit abrasive, but was your typical a-type guy who got the job done. Finally, the GM was extremely pleasant, made me very comfortable during the process, and was informative of the expectations, and follow on procedures for the interview process. The questions asked during the interviews were all "canned", and spoon-fed to the interviewer from a standard file sheet, presumably from the HR dept of corporate.
    After this gauntlet, I was scheduled for a ride-along with a driver, that was an all-day event (you are actually paid for this part of the interview process). Essentially, you go out with a driver and see their day-to-day, and interact with customers and whatnot. The guy I rode with was very pleasant, and good at his job. Granted, I have heard that sometimes a candidate is assigned to a lesser performing driver, and this part of the process can be quite frustrating, as you're basically doing this guy's job!
    Lastly, I met with the group VP, who basically shot from the hip. He was a pleasant, operations-minded guy, who shared a common work history with myself.
    Overall, the interview process was conducted over a 3 week period, then I was given the offer pending a drug screen, credit and criminal record checks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were your typical, canned "describe a time when blah blah blah" sorts of things. Pretty easy stuff, if you just prime yourself with answers to questions that tell a good story, and provide a quantifiable outcome...   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation; it was my first job out of the military and I didn't know any better. But, since my friend had already had the same position elsewhere, I discovered the offer was virtually the same as the one he had fought for!

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in February 2010.

The interview process is designed to test your ability to follow through on a complex process. It is deliberately slow and methodical. Consistency and persistence is key, as well as your ability to quickly "drink the kool-aid" --- be prepared to have every answer questioned, asked the same question several different ways, and ALWAYS have something that you could have done differently - spin every negative into a learning experience and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had difficulty completing a task you were assigned   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you did not succeed at something   Answer Question
    They will try to lowball, you have about 2,500-5,000 of negotiating room with your base salary if they REALLY want you...and if you make it to the end of the process they want you pretty badly.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in November 2009.

After an initial phone interview I met with the GMs of two offices and the regional HR lady. This was AFTER I had been in and completed the skills test. Overall, I had 4 interactions with Cintas, but was eventually declined a job.

Make sure you have ready examples of management experience, and answers to typical behavior questions. Including some unique questions (Describe a time when you developed a new approach to doing a previous job and it was adopted by other employyees).

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in January 2009.

A series of interviews including phone interviews, multiple in- person interviews with various management officials stemming up to Vice President of division. High energy is a MUST in all the interviews. Company is particularly interested in sports orientated sales professionals.

SSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in February 2008.

5 to 6 interviews...usual questions why do you want to work here...what can you bring to the table..etc

Interview Questions
    • if we call your former sup. what would he/she say you need to improve upon..   Answer Question
    no negotiation, they start you at 16.85 hr but after training it goes down dramatically the mngrs will not be completely honest about comission plan in interview...base of 430 + 3% of rte volume wkly avg vol 8,000.