Cintas

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Production Supervisor Interview

The hiring process consisted of 4 rounds of interviewing. All of the questions were behavioral based..."Tell me about a time where....". Cintas has a meticulous hiring process to ensure that they are hiring "A" players that they can keep and retain.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me one thing you would change about your old job?   View Answer

I declined because I had a better offer at another company.

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

You will go through 6-9 interviews. Every member of the sales management team will also interview. The sales team wants to have a say who gets hired so they can drive production to meet they unrealistic goals. They expect the production Supervisor to do miracles that they cannot achieve either.

Interview Questions
    They do not pay what the median salary shows.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas in May 2014.

Started with two phone interviews. Then 1st, 2nd...3rd..and 4th interview stretching over several days. Was a long process. People were friendly and professional as only Cintas knows how to do. The interviews were long, each one taking almost an hour. With indepth questions, each interviewer asked almsot the same question.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are from a format and easy to understand.   Answer Question
    I might have been able to but the first offer was fair.

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

The hiring process is extremely long, takes about a month or two to get in the door. They do it this way to help find the very best candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much difficult as it is repetitive. They try to get consistent answers from you at all times.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of an negotiation. What they offer is what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

3 Separate interviews with 4 different people. HR, direct mgr, and plant mgr., and a fellow supervisor. They put on a good show for the walk through. I was very impressed and actually (regretfully) turned down another job offer to work at this company. It was nearly 3 months from time of first interview to actual offer.

Interview Questions
    • General questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for this company, why are you leaving your current job.   Answer Question
    Easy. I pretty much got what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

I was contacted by phone from the HR partner and set up the initial interview. The first interview was a screening interview with the HR Partner and consisted mostly of a resume verification and a few brief questions that were typical resume faire (strengths, weaknesses).

The HR partner then contacted me a few days later to arrange second interviews. The second interviews consisted of meeting with various Managers in the building and each of them had a prepared booklet with questions required to be asked by Corporate. None of the questions were extremely difficult and were all typical "scenario" type questions.

Again, after a few days the HR partner contacted me to set-up the final interview with the General Manager. This interview seemed to be less formal (there was no booklet) and was more about getting to know my personality and if it would fit with the rest of the teams. Questions were more about personal life, management philosophies and opportunities for advancement. The manager informed me the next step was a meeting of all the interviewers where they all had to reach a unanimous consensus on who they would pick, and he warned me that they may pass on some very highly qualified people because the vote had to be unanimous for the best superstar candidate.

After another few days (putting the interview process at around 2 weeks) I received a call that I was selected and asked to come in to review the offer and start paperwork

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were based on scenarios, all pretty typical if you have experience in a production environment or have worked with people. "describe a difficult situation where...."   Answer Question
    They made me their best offer up front

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in January 2013.

Multiple interviews with pre-scripted questions.

inflexible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in June 2011.

Received a phone interview about a month after applying online. They set up an interview with a production manager a few days later, which I haven't attended yet. Update. Interviewed with the current production supervisor, the General Manager, and the Production Manager. I had researched all the STAR questions and answered them properly. Was even told that I had "Great Answers" a few times. Received an impersonal letter stating that they had chose someone else. I invested a considerable amount of time, including four interviews, and was displeased that I didn't even give me a phone call like they said they would. I think nepotism is to blame because I was definitely qualified for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you found a quality issue at one of your jobs and what you had to do to rectify the problem.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cintas in January 2011.

Interview went well, and thought I had a good conversation with the manager. He was a Naval Academy graduate, and acted a little stiff. He did not extend an offer, which was OK. But he offered no feedback, and I felt as if he was looking down his nose at me during the interview. That's what you get at the USNA, a bunch of stuck up ring knockers who think they are God's gift to the military. How about helping out a fellow veteran with some feedback?