Cintas Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2014

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cintas in April 2013.

They emailed me first. Set up a time to meet within 3 days after I applied. The interviewer/manager didn't seem too friendly or interested in my background or experience. It looked as though they needed someone really quick to fulfill the job, so everything seemed "shotgun" including the questions.

Interview Questions
  • "What was one policy or thing about your last job that you didn't like"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Culture is pro-military and extremely structured. The employers were not happy when I walked through the buildering, and the previous reviews are correct that there are between 4-5 interviews, regardless of the city you interview in.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cintas.

I was not impressed with the sales manager I interviewed with. She was very unprofessional, always looking at her watch and cell phone. A total waste of my time. I've been in sales for close to 20 years and recently left an industry on the downturn and are looking for a new service or product to sell. I would not recomend this company to anybody with a long tenured career in sales, especially someone who's been very succuessful in sales.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do iof your manager told you to do something that was very unethical even if it would cost yu your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in February 2012.

I got a call because he found my resume online. I went in for a "casual" interview the next day. He was extremely skilled at interviewing. It was very by the book, and he expected a me to ask for the job with a "sales close" at the end of the interview. Not that he directly asked for it, but I was cued with the, "Do you have any questions?" bit, to which I explained I felt I was a great fit for the job and asked what the next steps were (sales close). He prompted me to close 3 times (maybe because my first 2 closes weren't so solid, lol). This led to a 2nd interview, which was all day and included a ride-along with a sales rep. The sales mgr told me in the interview (before the ride-along) that alot was riding on what the sales rep said about me in regards to our ride-along. Later in the ride-along, the sales rep told me he had no influence whatsoever on whether or not I get hired (funny- that's not what the sales manager said...).

They are very "by the book" when it comes to sales interviews, as is their sales training, and the job itself. Expect STAR format questions, roleplay questions where you need to close a sale, and then cold calling on the phone and cold calling on the road in your ride-along. The whole day you need to be willing to hustle and perform, and that's what you need to expect to do on the job as well, in my opinion.

It sounds like alot of money can be made if you have the skills, talent, and discipline. Everyone has been very friendly throughout the entire process.

I'm still waiting to find out where I stand after the all day interview...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you faced alot of negatives and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cintas in September 2010.

I had 3 interviews. One over the phone. The 1 face to face with HR. Then I met with a sales manager. 3 separate interviews. Waste of my time. HR's interview was just preliminary.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions throughout most of the interview

Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do? How did it get resolved.
        Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

interviewed at Cintas in March 2009.

About four steps to this

Interview Questions
    I was straight out of college did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cintas in November 2008.

When you pass the initial phone interview, you are brought into the location you applied to. You will then interview the HR again, as well as the General Manager of the location. After that, other manager will tag team interview you. In total I interviewed with 7 different managers in one day. The questions are basic but they expect detailed answers.

Interview Questions

I had worked there before in a previous position and wanted to explore other options in the marketplace.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in June 2008.

I was currently working for the Company when I applied for the posistion. If you don't get the posistion you applied for be open to other posistions or other job locations in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cintas in June 2008.

2 in person interviews. first interview starts with the hiring manager then if you pass this you will move onto meeting the sales director. the sales director usually is tougher and asks you where you will be in 3-5 yrs. Sales director tries to break you down to see if you will jump ship fast

Interview Questions
    • why work here and not sell insurance instead   View Answer
    no negotiation. it was entry level out of undergrad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in May 2008.

Be positive, outgoing, demonstrate confidence, be organized, thorough, on time, over-achiever, competitive, disciplined, team player, quick learner, honest and forthright.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when things didn't go as planned, how did you respond?   Answer Question