Cintas Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cintas (Concord, CA).

Interview

Fairly lengthy. Generally 4 interviews up to the VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not bad. They made me a great offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I interviewed with Cintas. I had a phone interview and then had to go to the branch. I never heard back, so I'm not really sure what they're looking for. Obviously it's not my experience though.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have any questions that were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

ridiculous long and intense. 4 interviews + the most indepth background I've ever seen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

shitty. they won't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cintas (Jackson, MS) in May 2013.

Interview

I had 5 interviews. You have to interview with every type of person that would be in a leadership posisition at your location/region. First with hiring manager on a phone call then the GM/HR of a differnt division, the location's GM, the hiring manager 1:1 then the regional director. Some have the interview with the VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• Lots of open ended questions about sales successes, ability to work with a team as well as yourself   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They interviewed me on campus, which went well. Took an online test that asked me questions related to math problems, reading, writing, etc. It wasn't too bad. They called me for a next interview, but were not going to pay for my traveling expenses. I drove 4 hours to the location for the interview to last an hour and get a generic email that night saying I did not advance onto the next interview. Cheap company because they aren't willing to pay for your transportation to interview you.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Culture is pro-military and extremely structured. The employers were not happy when I walked through the buildering, and the previous reviews are correct that there are between 4-5 interviews, regardless of the city you interview in.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cintas (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

They emailed me first. Set up a time to meet within 3 days after I applied. The interviewer/manager didn't seem too friendly or interested in my background or experience. It looked as though they needed someone really quick to fulfill the job, so everything seemed "shotgun" including the questions.

Interview Questions

• "What was one policy or thing about your last job that you didn't like"   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I was not impressed with the sales manager I interviewed with. She was very unprofessional, always looking at her watch and cell phone. A total waste of my time. I've been in sales for close to 20 years and recently left an industry on the downturn and are looking for a new service or product to sell. I would not recomend this company to anybody with a long tenured career in sales, especially someone who's been very succuessful in sales.

Interview Questions

• what would you do iof your manager told you to do something that was very unethical even if it would cost yu your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I got a call because he found my resume online. I went in for a "casual" interview the next day. He was extremely skilled at interviewing. It was very by the book, and he expected a me to ask for the job with a "sales close" at the end of the interview. Not that he directly asked for it, but I was cued with the, "Do you have any questions?" bit, to which I explained I felt I was a great fit for the job and asked what the next steps were (sales close). He prompted me to close 3 times (maybe because my first 2 closes weren't so solid, lol). This led to a 2nd interview, which was all day and included a ride-along with a sales rep. The sales mgr told me in the interview (before the ride-along) that alot was riding on what the sales rep said about me in regards to our ride-along. Later in the ride-along, the sales rep told me he had no influence whatsoever on whether or not I get hired (funny- that's not what the sales manager said...).

They are very "by the book" when it comes to sales interviews, as is their sales training, and the job itself. Expect STAR format questions, roleplay questions where you need to close a sale, and then cold calling on the phone and cold calling on the road in your ride-along. The whole day you need to be willing to hustle and perform, and that's what you need to expect to do on the job as well, in my opinion.

It sounds like alot of money can be made if you have the skills, talent, and discipline. Everyone has been very friendly throughout the entire process.

I'm still waiting to find out where I stand after the all day interview...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you faced alot of negatives and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cintas (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2010.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One over the phone. The 1 face to face with HR. Then I met with a sales manager. 3 separate interviews. Waste of my time. HR's interview was just preliminary.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions throughout most of the interview

Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do? How did it get resolved.

Answer Question