Cintas

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – It was a very lengthy process involving many people, multiple steps, a working day in the field, background check, physical, etc. It took several weeks to go through it all.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very difficult to get an interview, but once you do the interview process will typically go all the way through completion. Starts with a phone screening interview, then an in person interview. After that, you have to do a tryout with one of their current drivers and another interview. If you make it past that, there is one last interview with the General Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you improved safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Cintas in February 2014.

Interview Details – I put in numerous online applications to no avail. I called the human resource manager at the Greensboro location and explained in the message I left on his voicemail I was very interested in an opportunity to work for Cintas. I received a call back about 3 days later and was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived at the interview 30 minutes early and waited to be invited to the HR's office. When I was called back he could not find my file that he created and I was only asked two questions. I was asked to tell him about myself and what could I offer the company. He seemed uninterested from the start of the interview and I was only in his office for 10, maybe 15 minutes. I was told that the interview process is rigorous and that most people who are hired by Cintas are hired through present employee recommendation and rarely do they ever hire anyone who was not recommended by an employee. I was told that I would receive a phone call asking me to come back in for another interview or notifying me that he decided to not to hire me. I am still waiting for that phone call.

Interview Question – In fairness I only was asked two questions. " Why should I be hired?"   View Answer

Hammond, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

Interview Details – This interview was a 5 step process. I met with HR, then the service supervisor, after that was scheduled a ride along. Everything was great up to this point and I was gaining confidence after my ride along. Then at that point I meet with the manager trainee took my assessment then met with the general manager. The assessment was a bunch of simple questions about you're personality. Everything was great and smooth and I got great feedback from everyone I interviewed with. The most nerve racking was with the GM but it was pretty simple. They asked questions like tell me about a time you had an issue you didn't case and what you did to resolve it, and tell me about a time you got a customer to buy something they wouldn't normally buy. After a week with my final interview I got a rejection email. I would had really liked to work for this company and see myself grow within. On to the next one I guess.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had an issue with a co-worker and how you reacted?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very long. It begins with a simple phone interview. Following that there are 3 more interviews with middle management than finally one with the location GM. During the interview process you will do a "ride along or route day." During this you will be assessed on your work ethic and willingness to learn along with seeing if you will like the job or not.

Interview Question – The questions change a lot. There is no specific questions that i am aware of. The best thing that they like to hear is that you have an entrepreneurial spirit. They want you to take ownership of your route and be able to handle customer objections.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – First you have a face to face. Just ordinary question from what I can remember. Next step you do a ride along with a trainer and this is to give you a feel for the work and the trainer a chance to observe you. Then your usually made an offer.

Negotiation Details – SSR's start out at $16.00 an hr as of 2013.....

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line. I was contacted by HR by phone. 10 minute phone interview basic questions. II had a face to face with HR mgr. Set up a 1 day ride along with a SSR. After the ride along I met with a sales mgr and general mgr. The entire process took 3 or 4 weeks.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Remember the position is a lot more service than sales. The main focus after service is trying to get the customer to renew their 5 year contract! signed 1 year in advance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation. 12.75hr while training. 15.00hr when I got my route. Route became commissioned based salary after that.

Portsmouth, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the telephone interview this morning and I am very excited about personal interview in a couple days. Read great reviews online about the company and I am very excited about possibly starting a new career as a Service Sales Representative.

Interview Question – During the interview there were really no difficult questions to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Five step interview process. Started with phone call then got called in to take a few tests. After the tests had three more interviews where they mainly ask situational questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Spartanburg, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in December 2012.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview. Followed by a computer test at a Cintas facility (was nothing major all true false and agree or disagree questions). Directly after the computer part was an in person with a SSR Supervisor. Also did an interview with a Sales Manager and another SSR Supervisor. They scheduled me for the ride along. Did the ride along and tried to do as much as I could and impress the ride along driver because I knew he would be reporting the ride along back to management. After the ride a long I interviewed with the plant manager followed by interviewing with the GM of the facility. I thought the first interviews and the ride along went great. The driver that I rode along with seemed high on me and was talking like I would probably get the job by the end of the interview. They where supposed to all meet and decide if they wanted to hire me or not. It ended up being 3 weeks before I found out that they decided to pass on me. The only interviews I was not sure about where the last two. So I am assuming the GM decided he did not think I would fit or wanted to pass on me for some other reason.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Mainly situational questions. If you have done situational interviews it will be the same.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cintas

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas Sales Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cintas employees and interview candidates.