Cintas

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

DFW, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Be ready for a Long Process ...... My process was 6 interviews long over 2 months starting with a phone interview with a military recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager at the location, then a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager, Then a Ride Along, Then a Face to face interview with the sales manager, Then finally lunch with the Sales manager and GM of the location. The only time during the process I felt on the ropes about the job is when they started asking a lot of questions about my Reserve duties and responsibilities in the military ( the hiring Manager seemed to not be okay with my military duty but the GM was all for me being in the Military ) . Tips- wear a nice shirt and tie no bluejeans, Be ready to close and make a sale on a pen or stapler, do your research on Cintas, and make sure you can sale yourself and how they would benefit from hiring you. Other than that stay motivated and be a peoples person. Confidence and kindness goes a long way. They want people that can build and maintain relationships with costumers for a long time.

Interview Question – None really that difficult. questions are similar to " What is something that you have done to improve safety at work." and " tell me about a time you had to go out of your way for a customer "   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, take it or leave it.

Service Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – It was a very lengthy process involving many people, multiple steps, a working day in the field, background check, physical, etc. It took several weeks to go through it all.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very difficult to get an interview, but once you do the interview process will typically go all the way through completion. Starts with a phone screening interview, then an in person interview. After that, you have to do a tryout with one of their current drivers and another interview. If you make it past that, there is one last interview with the General Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you improved safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Cintas in February 2014.

Interview Details – I put in numerous online applications to no avail. I called the human resource manager at the Greensboro location and explained in the message I left on his voicemail I was very interested in an opportunity to work for Cintas. I received a call back about 3 days later and was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived at the interview 30 minutes early and waited to be invited to the HR's office. When I was called back he could not find my file that he created and I was only asked two questions. I was asked to tell him about myself and what could I offer the company. He seemed uninterested from the start of the interview and I was only in his office for 10, maybe 15 minutes. I was told that the interview process is rigorous and that most people who are hired by Cintas are hired through present employee recommendation and rarely do they ever hire anyone who was not recommended by an employee. I was told that I would receive a phone call asking me to come back in for another interview or notifying me that he decided to not to hire me. I am still waiting for that phone call.

Interview Question – In fairness I only was asked two questions. " Why should I be hired?"   View Answer

Hammond, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

Interview Details – This interview was a 5 step process. I met with HR, then the service supervisor, after that was scheduled a ride along. Everything was great up to this point and I was gaining confidence after my ride along. Then at that point I meet with the manager trainee took my assessment then met with the general manager. The assessment was a bunch of simple questions about you're personality. Everything was great and smooth and I got great feedback from everyone I interviewed with. The most nerve racking was with the GM but it was pretty simple. They asked questions like tell me about a time you had an issue you didn't case and what you did to resolve it, and tell me about a time you got a customer to buy something they wouldn't normally buy. After a week with my final interview I got a rejection email. I would had really liked to work for this company and see myself grow within. On to the next one I guess.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had an issue with a co-worker and how you reacted?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very long. It begins with a simple phone interview. Following that there are 3 more interviews with middle management than finally one with the location GM. During the interview process you will do a "ride along or route day." During this you will be assessed on your work ethic and willingness to learn along with seeing if you will like the job or not.

Interview Question – The questions change a lot. There is no specific questions that i am aware of. The best thing that they like to hear is that you have an entrepreneurial spirit. They want you to take ownership of your route and be able to handle customer objections.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – First you have a face to face. Just ordinary question from what I can remember. Next step you do a ride along with a trainer and this is to give you a feel for the work and the trainer a chance to observe you. Then your usually made an offer.

Negotiation Details – SSR's start out at $16.00 an hr as of 2013.....

Sales Service Representative Interview

Sales Service Representative
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line. I was contacted by HR by phone. 10 minute phone interview basic questions. II had a face to face with HR mgr. Set up a 1 day ride along with a SSR. After the ride along I met with a sales mgr and general mgr. The entire process took 3 or 4 weeks.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Remember the position is a lot more service than sales. The main focus after service is trying to get the customer to renew their 5 year contract! signed 1 year in advance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation. 12.75hr while training. 15.00hr when I got my route. Route became commissioned based salary after that.

Portsmouth, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the telephone interview this morning and I am very excited about personal interview in a couple days. Read great reviews online about the company and I am very excited about possibly starting a new career as a Service Sales Representative.

Interview Question – During the interview there were really no difficult questions to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Service Representative Interview

Sales Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Five step interview process. Started with phone call then got called in to take a few tests. After the tests had three more interviews where they mainly ask situational questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!