Cintas Service Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas (Gadsden, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the company website in May. In November I was called and they conducted a phone interview. At the end of the call an interview appointment was made for a couple of days later. They were very accommodating to my current work schedule when setting a time, which I appreciated. I met with the General Manager for a standard STARS interview that lasted about an hour. I was told they would make a decision by the end of the month, but they didn't call me. Over all a pleasant experience, in spite of the amount of time between my application and getting an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

This is a very long process. You will meet with at least 4 people and have 3 formal interviews. If they like you they will have you do a route ride along. This is followed by an interview with the top person at the location, the General Manager. If they want to proceed they will do an electronic reference check, a background check and you must pass a drug test along with a DOT physical.

Interview Questions

• The questions are scripted and very generic. Most questions they will ask you to think of a situation then tell them about what you did and explain the result of the action   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will be flexible on starting pay and benefits

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I applied for the job after seeing it posted on a Social Web Site and received a call within the first 3 days after submission by the recruiter and set up an interview for the next day. I went in for the interview, which was conducted by the recruiter. It was basic questions about background, salary expectations and lasted for 20-30 minutes.

The recruiter asked if I had time for a second, then third, fourth and fifth interview on that same day. I sat down with several Managers in the location, who all had 7 different STAR questions.

Four hours later, I had gone through five interviews, but only expected to have one. The recruiter tried to get the GM interview pushed through as well, but he was out the office. She did however set up the interview for two days later prior to my departure.

I came in for the interview with the GM, who asked several questions, but not the same STAR related questions asked in the previous interviews. This interview was more about management style and philosophy. He asked about Salary expectations as well and explained the pay structure. He was laid back, but you can tell how knowledgeable he was in the business. This interview went well.

My seventh interview was with the district service manager. This interview took a week to coordinate because he was on PTO. This interview was really laid back and we basically had a conversation about myself and my experience. We also talked in depth about the position and what to expect. This interview lasted 30 minutes. He informed me that they will call with their final decision.

I received a call three hours after the interview was finished in which I was offered the position. They met my salary requirements, which was my only concern. This was a very thorough process, but they know exactly what they are looking for I a candidate. I appreciate the process because it can and will weed out individuals who most likely will not fit their culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a irate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas (Puyallup, WA).

Interview

Went through the hiring process for Service Manager. I was recruited off of a social networking site and applied online. Approximately two weeks later, I received a phone call and a request for a phone screening. A couple of days later, I was screened and then given a date two weeks later for an in-person interview.

The first interview was with the Plant Manager. Here I was asked standard STAR questions about my background. I was given another date a week later for another interview. The second interview was with the Market Manager. I was asked the same STAR questions (I mean the exact same) and was given a tour of the Plant.

I was told at the end of the second interview, that I was moving forward to the ride-a-long portion of the process. Here I worked an 8 hour shift along side a crew. A week after, I called to inquire where the process was going from there as I was left in limbo from the ride-a-long.

Two weeks after the ride-a-long, I was given a third interview with a senior service manager. This was the a weird interview! He asked the same exact STAR questions that were previously asked, but did so in a way that rushed the process. I think this one was like 15 minutes tops! He told me I would be contacted.

Four weeks after the third interview, I received a call informing me that I was being given another interview that would be conducted two weeks later. I went to the interview with, I believe some sort of VP? Not really sure! Anyway, I was informed about where the process was and was asked a series of questions related to my pay requirements.

When I was recruited for this position, I was told that the pay was 75k! This job was not 75k! More like 40k! I have an MBA, so when asked what my pay requirements were, I told the truth. I think both parties came to the same conclusion that I was not a good fit for this position! Good experience though! I am always willing to hone my interviewing skills. I am sure they got the tone that I had lost my interest in month 2 of the 3 month process though! LOL

Interview Questions

• Where would you like your pay to be? What are your thoughts on human fecal matter? LOL   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cintas (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Cintas at a hiring conference hosted by a junior military officer recruiter company. Two general managers interviewed me. The style was relaxed and friendly. Questions focused on leadership/management style and ability to communicate effectively with clients.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about how you would deal with employees or clients in difficult situations.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Lengthy interview process and it will take some time to get through the whole proceeding. Lots of questions that make little to no sense and are general questions set up by some HR think tank years ago. Just use you best judgment with the answers because they don't really matter anyway.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wages are pretty much set they try to pay as little as possible

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Interview

Telephone screen, on-site interview with sales manager, ride along on route with Sales Service Representative, interview with operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your own judgement to implement change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cintas (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Depending on the candidate, there will be at least two interviews, perhaps more. It will likely be a lengthy process and could include situational and behavioral interview questions, plus a number of math questios. A candidate might actually interview with as many as four or five different managers in one day.

Interview Questions

• Without paper or a calculator: Say last year's sales were $265,000,000. If we are setting a goal for a 3.5% increase, what would this year's sales figure be?

It's not a hard math problem, but doing it in your head, in the middle of an interview, without warning can be tought.

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

up to 4 interviews very scenario based. "tell me about a time" type questions. Looking for dedication and service focus. Looking to add employees for life want committed strong answers. Looking for honesty and integrity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and admitted it even though it would be easier not to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cintas (Mason, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Online application + follow-up calls.

Cintas appears to consist of 2 classes of people, the "sweat-shop" laborer crews, and the elite self-impressed management crew, shacked in "kid-you-not" nepotism, and all the symptoms of a toxic culture. Dress to distress is a way of life. Underlings pretend to be happy and unwrinkled, but show the sickly shine of over-washed permanent-press. Run...run...run while you still can! The rest will follow when the economy improves.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were quite ordinary. But ......   1 Answer