Cintas

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – I applied for the job after seeing it posted on a Social Web Site and received a call within the first 3 days after submission by the recruiter and set up an interview for the next day. I went in for the interview, which was conducted by the recruiter. It was basic questions about background, salary expectations and lasted for 20-30 minutes.

The recruiter asked if I had time for a second, then third, fourth and fifth interview on that same day. I sat down with several Managers in the location, who all had 7 different STAR questions.

Four hours later, I had gone through five interviews, but only expected to have one. The recruiter tried to get the GM interview pushed through as well, but he was out the office. She did however set up the interview for two days later prior to my departure.

I came in for the interview with the GM, who asked several questions, but not the same STAR related questions asked in the previous interviews. This interview was more about management style and philosophy. He asked about Salary expectations as well and explained the pay structure. He was laid back, but you can tell how knowledgeable he was in the business. This interview went well.

My seventh interview was with the district service manager. This interview took a week to coordinate because he was on PTO. This interview was really laid back and we basically had a conversation about myself and my experience. We also talked in depth about the position and what to expect. This interview lasted 30 minutes. He informed me that they will call with their final decision.

I received a call three hours after the interview was finished in which I was offered the position. They met my salary requirements, which was my only concern. This was a very thorough process, but they know exactly what they are looking for I a candidate. I appreciate the process because it can and will weed out individuals who most likely will not fit their culture.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a irate customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Puyallup, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Went through the hiring process for Service Manager. I was recruited off of a social networking site and applied online. Approximately two weeks later, I received a phone call and a request for a phone screening. A couple of days later, I was screened and then given a date two weeks later for an in-person interview.

The first interview was with the Plant Manager. Here I was asked standard STAR questions about my background. I was given another date a week later for another interview. The second interview was with the Market Manager. I was asked the same STAR questions (I mean the exact same) and was given a tour of the Plant.

I was told at the end of the second interview, that I was moving forward to the ride-a-long portion of the process. Here I worked an 8 hour shift along side a crew. A week after, I called to inquire where the process was going from there as I was left in limbo from the ride-a-long.

Two weeks after the ride-a-long, I was given a third interview with a senior service manager. This was the a weird interview! He asked the same exact STAR questions that were previously asked, but did so in a way that rushed the process. I think this one was like 15 minutes tops! He told me I would be contacted.

Four weeks after the third interview, I received a call informing me that I was being given another interview that would be conducted two weeks later. I went to the interview with, I believe some sort of VP? Not really sure! Anyway, I was informed about where the process was and was asked a series of questions related to my pay requirements.

When I was recruited for this position, I was told that the pay was 75k! This job was not 75k! More like 40k! I have an MBA, so when asked what my pay requirements were, I told the truth. I think both parties came to the same conclusion that I was not a good fit for this position! Good experience though! I am always willing to hone my interviewing skills. I am sure they got the tone that I had lost my interest in month 2 of the 3 month process though! LOL

Interview Question – Where would you like your pay to be? What are your thoughts on human fecal matter? LOL   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2011.

Interview Details – up to 4 interviews very scenario based. "tell me about a time" type questions. Looking for dedication and service focus. Looking to add employees for life want committed strong answers. Looking for honesty and integrity.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and admitted it even though it would be easier not to?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cintas in May 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Cintas at a hiring conference hosted by a junior military officer recruiter company. Two general managers interviewed me. The style was relaxed and friendly. Questions focused on leadership/management style and ability to communicate effectively with clients.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions about how you would deal with employees or clients in difficult situations.   Answer Question

Service Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview process and it will take some time to get through the whole proceeding. Lots of questions that make little to no sense and are general questions set up by some HR think tank years ago. Just use you best judgment with the answers because they don't really matter anyway.

Interview Question – None of the questions are difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wages are pretty much set they try to pay as little as possible

Port Washington, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cintas in October 2010.

Interview Details – Just act like you're not lazy and really excited to work there. They work you like a dog and tend to hire people with no hobbies or life outside of work.

Interview Question – Something about the culture like "In what type of environment do excellent"? They're looking to see if you'll work like a dog for crappy pay. The sell is that you'll be able to move up in the company but that rarely happens. I'd rather pick up trash than work at Cintas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The work in a range of approved salaries given the position. They always start low b/c they're trying to get you for cheap.

Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone screen, on-site interview with sales manager, ride along on route with Sales Service Representative, interview with operations manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you used your own judgement to implement change.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details – Depending on the candidate, there will be at least two interviews, perhaps more. It will likely be a lengthy process and could include situational and behavioral interview questions, plus a number of math questios. A candidate might actually interview with as many as four or five different managers in one day.

Interview Question – Without paper or a calculator: Say last year's sales were $265,000,000. If we are setting a goal for a 3.5% increase, what would this year's sales figure be?

It's not a hard math problem, but doing it in your head, in the middle of an interview, without warning can be tought.
  View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in September 2010.

Interview Details – It is imperative that all interviews begin on the website; regardless of how you obtain info on the position vacancy (ie, networking, word-of-mouth, etc).
The first interview was completed via telephone with the HR rep, as well as my follow-on in-person interview. She was sharp as a tack, and asked the basic screening questions. I was then interviewed by 4 other people (the sales manager, another service manager, and finally the GM) , all in the same day as the initial in-person interview. The spectrum of personality types varied given the positions, the sales manager was very professional and had a pleasant demeanor. The service manager seemed a bit abrasive, but was your typical a-type guy who got the job done. Finally, the GM was extremely pleasant, made me very comfortable during the process, and was informative of the expectations, and follow on procedures for the interview process. The questions asked during the interviews were all "canned", and spoon-fed to the interviewer from a standard file sheet, presumably from the HR dept of corporate.
After this gauntlet, I was scheduled for a ride-along with a driver, that was an all-day event (you are actually paid for this part of the interview process). Essentially, you go out with a driver and see their day-to-day, and interact with customers and whatnot. The guy I rode with was very pleasant, and good at his job. Granted, I have heard that sometimes a candidate is assigned to a lesser performing driver, and this part of the process can be quite frustrating, as you're basically doing this guy's job!
Lastly, I met with the group VP, who basically shot from the hip. He was a pleasant, operations-minded guy, who shared a common work history with myself.
Overall, the interview process was conducted over a 3 week period, then I was given the offer pending a drug screen, credit and criminal record checks.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were your typical, canned "describe a time when blah blah blah" sorts of things. Pretty easy stuff, if you just prime yourself with answers to questions that tell a good story, and provide a quantifiable outcome...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation; it was my first job out of the military and I didn't know any better. But, since my friend had already had the same position elsewhere, I discovered the offer was virtually the same as the one he had fought for!

Mason, OH

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cintas in March 2011.

Interview Details – Online application + follow-up calls.

Cintas appears to consist of 2 classes of people, the "sweat-shop" laborer crews, and the elite self-impressed management crew, shacked in "kid-you-not" nepotism, and all the symptoms of a toxic culture. Dress to distress is a way of life. Underlings pretend to be happy and unwrinkled, but show the sickly shine of over-washed permanent-press. Run...run...run while you still can! The rest will follow when the economy improves.

Interview Question – All interview questions were quite ordinary. But ......   View Answer

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!