Cintas

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in October 2014.

Applied through their website. Received email to submit a video interview. Have never done that before but it must have went well as they brought me in for a one on one interview. Felt good about that interview as they scheduled me for a route ride with a driver. Route ride went well. Got along with the driver and I jumped in and helped him the entire route. After the route ride the person I interviewed with told me that they would call me to come back and meet more some managers. The same day I was expecting the phone call I received a form type email from their HR dept stating that I had not been selected for the job. Not sure what happened between the route ride and the day I received that email. Didn't seem fair with no explanation.

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Service Sales Representative Interview

Got interviewed for a service sales rep position and have not heard back from them yet. I just did the first interview of many. It was a pretty lengthy interview of about an hour. Personal questions and then those dreaded interview questions that I really don't know if they are helpful or not.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is to come up with stories about different times when I encountered different situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

Be ready for a Long Process ...... My process was 6 interviews long over 2 months starting with a phone interview with a military recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager at the location, then a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager, Then a Ride Along, Then a Face to face interview with the sales manager, Then finally lunch with the Sales manager and GM of the location. The only time during the process I felt on the ropes about the job is when they started asking a lot of questions about my Reserve duties and responsibilities in the military ( the hiring Manager seemed to not be okay with my military duty but the GM was all for me being in the Military ) . Tips- wear a nice shirt and tie no bluejeans, Be ready to close and make a sale on a pen or stapler, do your research on Cintas, and make sure you can sale yourself and how they would benefit from hiring you. Other than that stay motivated and be a peoples person. Confidence and kindness goes a long way. They want people that can build and maintain relationships with costumers for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • None really that difficult. questions are similar to " What is something that you have done to improve safety at work." and " tell me about a time you had to go out of your way for a customer "   View Answer
    None, take it or leave it.

Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

It was a very lengthy process involving many people, multiple steps, a working day in the field, background check, physical, etc. It took several weeks to go through it all.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in April 2014.

Applied online. A week later HR called to schedule an interview. Interview went well and was told they will contact me in the following day for 2nd interview. After 4 days didnt hear anything and couldnt reach HR. After a week got a call back to schedule an interview for the following week. 2nd interview was easy and was offered the driver position and asked to come for a trial day. After a trial day, i didnt want the job and was offerd a supervisor job. Again, didnt from HR for over a week, and finally was told to come for another trial and interview. Trail and interview went well, and GM told me they will conatct me within 2 days. Again, o word fro over a week. Tried to conntact Hr and GM multiple times without a respond. Finally, after 2 weeks got an rejection email. Process took over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

Very difficult to get an interview, but once you do the interview process will typically go all the way through completion. Starts with a phone screening interview, then an in person interview. After that, you have to do a tryout with one of their current drivers and another interview. If you make it past that, there is one last interview with the General Manager.

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas in March 2014.

This interview was a 5 step process. I met with HR, then the service supervisor, after that was scheduled a ride along. Everything was great up to this point and I was gaining confidence after my ride along. Then at that point I meet with the manager trainee took my assessment then met with the general manager. The assessment was a bunch of simple questions about you're personality. Everything was great and smooth and I got great feedback from everyone I interviewed with. The most nerve racking was with the GM but it was pretty simple. They asked questions like tell me about a time you had an issue you didn't case and what you did to resolve it, and tell me about a time you got a customer to buy something they wouldn't normally buy. After a week with my final interview I got a rejection email. I would had really liked to work for this company and see myself grow within. On to the next one I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had an issue with a co-worker and how you reacted?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas in February 2014.

I put in numerous online applications to no avail. I called the human resource manager at the Greensboro location and explained in the message I left on his voicemail I was very interested in an opportunity to work for Cintas. I received a call back about 3 days later and was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived at the interview 30 minutes early and waited to be invited to the HR's office. When I was called back he could not find my file that he created and I was only asked two questions. I was asked to tell him about myself and what could I offer the company. He seemed uninterested from the start of the interview and I was only in his office for 10, maybe 15 minutes. I was told that the interview process is rigorous and that most people who are hired by Cintas are hired through present employee recommendation and rarely do they ever hire anyone who was not recommended by an employee. I was told that I would receive a phone call asking me to come back in for another interview or notifying me that he decided to not to hire me. I am still waiting for that phone call.

Interview Questions
    • In fairness I only was asked two questions. " Why should I be hired?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cintas.

First you have a face to face. Just ordinary question from what I can remember. Next step you do a ride along with a trainer and this is to give you a feel for the work and the trainer a chance to observe you. Then your usually made an offer.

SSR's start out at $16.00 an hr as of 2013.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Completed the telephone interview this morning and I am very excited about personal interview in a couple days. Read great reviews online about the company and I am very excited about possibly starting a new career as a Service Sales Representative.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview there were really no difficult questions to answer.   Answer Question