Circle K

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

1.9

Customer Service Associate Interview

i met the manager and told her about my background and dropped off a printed resume. She was very impressed and quickly (within 4 days) got me an interview with the top guy and he hired me on the spot. I have to go into the store and spend a few hours on the computer to learn how the system and then they send me to school for a few days (all paid). Sounds great.

Interview Questions
    • if someone brings back expired milk do i swap it out for free or ask the manger. i said ask the manger. I was correct. This interview process is a lay-up.   Answer Question
    None whatsoever. You want the job? You got flexible hours? You wiling to take $8? Welcome to the company. You'll go far.

Cashier Interview

over intense interview and background check for such a minimal job. Had to come in 3 times after doing online appication. Ridiculous, area supervisor very non professional in manner and dress, but expects min, wage workers to dress to the t. Very short training if any. no help with questions from managers

Customer Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Circle K in January 2015.

Two interviews wit taking a CBT. I got a RED on the test, failed & don't know why. Approx. 80 multiple choice. Supervisor had no idea because they had no access to test results. Was told to come back in 60 days for re test. Anyone else experience this?

Interview Questions
    • Ummm. Hard to say. Most questions were of personal actions that would be taken in given situations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Circle K.

I applied in person via paper application. I received a call from the store manager a couple of days later to schedule an in person interview. During the in person interview, the store manager verified the information on my application, asked about any extended periods of unemployment, and asked me to do a test that included questions about my work ethic, personality, and moral character.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation; the store manager offered me about $7.50 an hour and I accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Circle K.

have to go thru 2 interviews then wait up to 3 weeks for a background check. this is insane for a minimum wage job. was a rehire for a position that was badly needed but sales numbers are more important than employees.

Interview Questions
    i got ripped off. for 2 years i got paid less than i did at the same job for the same company 6 years ago. i was given promises that were never kept

Cashier Interview

The interview process was very easy. They ask typical interview questions. research the company is the best advice i can give you before you move up to the second interview please.

Customer Sales Associate Interview

The process was incredibly simple. Sent in application. Was called within a week. Hired on the spot, fun people to work with. Great part time job to have as a full time student. Worked around my schooling.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Circle K.

Got a call back two days after I submitted my application. Had two total interviews, one with the store manager, another with the market manager. When I trained, I was working mornings, even though I would be working nights. It seems pointless to learn what's done in the morning, if I need to learn what needs to be done at night.

Interview Questions
    • What four traits would you say makes you qualified for the job?   View Answer
    You get paid minimum wage. There's not much negotiating. I was also told that I would have to start out being a part time employee.

Cashier, Customer Service Interview

interviewed at Circle K in August 2014.

In the parking lot, was told to go to a different location for another interview, had to go back at a later time to complete the tests, was placed on the schedule and trained.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I was part of a prior company Circle K took over, so this is a perspective from the other side.
    First the store manager checks over the application. If there is an opportunity available for the job seeker, they are called.
    They must pass a ~65 question test online, that is in-store only. This test is believed to disqualify applicants that they believe to pose possible problems. Honestly, the test is worthless.
    If the test comes back passed, then the background check is sent (as following any state laws).
    After all that, then the Market Manager is suppose to interview the applicant. This is sometimes done poorly. It should be done at the store the applicant is applying. Some Market Managers make the applicants go to different stores, with short notice.

Interview Questions
    • This varies, depending on the interviewer. Some will ask a weird question like, "How organized is your closet." They are simply asking questions to catch you off guard, and to see if you are actually organized. I personally don't see how your home life is related to your work life.
      Most of the interviewers seem to stick with simple questions though: "Have you done this work before?", "Do you see yourself moving up?", "Do you go to school?".

Answer Question
    I was part of a company they took over, so it was simply a "Want the job?".