Circle K Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Circle K in March 2010.

The hiring process was started online. I received a call less than a week later and was basically asked if I wanted the job on the spot. About two days later I went to the store where the job opening was located and did a meet and greet with the Assistant Manager. I was informed that due to my prior customer service jobs (2 other CSR jobs from Freshman, Sophomore college years) they could tell I would be able to easily perform any assigned duties. After they went over employee information I was sent to take a food handlers permit. The process was very simple and the Assistant Manager was very courteous.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficulty in my experience. Though I have heard that some managers ask, "If you were an animal, what would you be and why."   Answer Question
    No negotiation, 1 dollar above minimum wage. It felt like they take into account your experience, but mostly how much they like you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, ME

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Circle K in May 2014.

Inital application filled out online with attached resume and cover letter. Store manager called number on resume and physical interview set up. Offer made for p/t only no fulltime offers at this time. $8.00 per hour offer made pending backround check.

Interview Questions
    • If hired how long would I expect to work for the company.   Answer Question
    There was NO room for negotiation. $8 per hour is all they pay. 10 cent raise after 90 days pending on no major infractions.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Circle K in April 2012.

First interview with the hiring manager. Very basic questions and probably lasts about 20 minutes. Second interview is a panel interview. Don't be surprised to be with about 5-6 market managers and the regional manager. The regional manager is typically the one to control the interview. Market managers might chime in with one or two questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward and not challenging. Just a matter of not getting intimidated by having so many people there.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I was part of a prior company Circle K took over, so this is a perspective from the other side.
    First the store manager checks over the application. If there is an opportunity available for the job seeker, they are called.
    They must pass a ~65 question test online, that is in-store only. This test is believed to disqualify applicants that they believe to pose possible problems. Honestly, the test is worthless.
    If the test comes back passed, then the background check is sent (as following any state laws).
    After all that, then the Market Manager is suppose to interview the applicant. This is sometimes done poorly. It should be done at the store the applicant is applying. Some Market Managers make the applicants go to different stores, with short notice.

Interview Questions
    • This varies, depending on the interviewer. Some will ask a weird question like, "How organized is your closet." They are simply asking questions to catch you off guard, and to see if you are actually organized. I personally don't see how your home life is related to your work life.
      Most of the interviewers seem to stick with simple questions though: "Have you done this work before?", "Do you see yourself moving up?", "Do you go to school?".
        Answer Question
    I was part of a company they took over, so it was simply a "Want the job?".

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Circle K.

Met manager and took pre employment test plus background check. After passing both was offered a position at 40 hrs. per week as a customer service associaste with 90 day raise and yearly after

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Circle K.

one interview with store manager one interview with area manager. got the job and then you have a paid truing test if you don't finish in time you don't get the job. overall it was easy, and they say they are all about customer service so emphasize that when you go in.

Interview Questions
    minimum wage and only part time because they don't want to offer you insurance

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Circle K in June 2013.

When going back for a second interview, they were using two different rooms and one person conducting the interviews. So there was no one to direct the many prospective employees and let them know they needed to sign-in, pick-up paperwork in one room then go to the second room to fill it out and sit and wait. The wait turned out to be an hour past the appointment time. And then we were told she didn't have anymore time and the people that were left would need to come back the next day. A few days after that I was called and told they wanted to hire me and I needed to go to food classes. The same day I was offered another job that was full time and paid a lot more. So I called to let Circle K know I would not be accepting their offer. I left a message for the interviewer to call me back. I did not get that call back, but I did get a call after a few days asking me why I hadn't gone to the food class (in a rude manner)

Interview Questions
    • How much money I would expect to make and then was told they only pay $8.00 per hour and they only hire part time. I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying ok I'll just skip eating and making mortgage payments. Since they don't give you a set schedule it makes it difficult to get a second job.   Answer Question

Full time and better pay.

Circle K Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Circle K in August 2013.

I was interviewed the same day that they got my application
    Was wearing shorts and a tshirt and they just told me to wait for the market manager to get there and then had me work go to a 4 hour training class and work that same day

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lompoc, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lompoc, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Circle K in March 2013.

The office was very small and confined, but it was organized and cozy. The Manager was very professional and polite. She made me feel very comfortable. She started off by asking me about my personality and people skills. She was surprised to learn that this was my first job, but was willing to give me a chance, once she learned more about me. The interview and hiring process was very quick and easy. I was training on the computer the next day!

You're hired.

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mundelein, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mundelein, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Circle K in August 2012.

Very well formatted. Done almost immediately. The marketing supervisor rearranges his schedule if the store needs an immediate person. Very great listening on their part. Informative

Interview Questions

Worked for Circle K? Contribute to the Community!