Circuit City

Getting the Interview

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plantation, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview Details – I was called back less than a week after submitting the application online. They informed me that I passed the personality test and to schedule an interview with the store manager later that week. Upon meeting with the manager he was shocked that I showed up with a decent resume as a high school student and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to sell a stapler.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager offered me above minimum wage as a high school student

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Wellington, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was fast and very deep.It was a nice experience to work with this company

Interview Question – I was asked several technical questions,but since a telecommunication technician and technically inclined i answered them satisfactorily   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary based

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

Interview Details – One interview with District Manager, no interviews with any other managers. Had to test for proficiency at the District Office prior to being hired.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at the time

Very Easy Interview

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy and smooth.

Negotiation Details – We're going to start you off with $9/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview Details – friend reccomended me to a manager.
one interview where the manage essetially gaurenteed my job based on the employee review. he explained base pay and that was it.

Interview Question – he asked about my knowlege of computer products and camera products and few specific questions on how to fix random things just to make sure i could answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was avaialble though. it was here is the job, can you do it.

Sales Associate
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in March 2009.

Interview Details – Not a bad hiring process. It's really just standard procedure. You go on their website and fill out an application. Then you call them and bug them until one of the hiring managers calls you back to set up an interview. The questions weren't tough at all.

Interview Question – Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2008.

Interview Details – Basic Star interview structure. Questions on past experiences, and how they relate to the current job description. Scenario based questions, testing ability to handle customer service challenges. Ask to sell yourself to an employer in 30 seconds or less.

Interview Question – Would you consider yourself a team player, or someone who likes to work individually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cut and dry, salary discussed, then middle ground met.

Electronic Associate Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in October 2008.

Interview Details – submitted app in person, then they called me a wek later to come in to interview.
I showed up for the interview 10 min before my scheduled time and they were tint on time taking me in to interview with 2 different people. I believe one was the supervisor/lead, and the other was the store manager.

Interview Question – Very easy questions.
What are your favorite electronics items and why?
How often do you use a VCR/DVD player a week?
What is your experience with computes?
Do you prefer to work as a team or individually?
Some of the products they asked about I wasn't as familiar as I should have been.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was concerned I wouldn't have the proper product knowledge.

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview Details – After applying online you recieve a phone call inviting you to come in for an interview. The first interview is in a large group and then they split you up into an individual setting. You then move on to a second interview before getting hired. The interview process is rather easy but does take a very long time.

Interview Question – Choose an actor or character you feel best represents your own personality and why?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2008.

Interview Details – The skills test seemed unhelpful and unneccessary, it was done on a computer on campus. The one-on-one interviews for the role were very interesting. I felt that the interview went well, but I was contacted afterward and told that the role had been given to someone with more experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if a store manager contacted you to say they could sell more of a given product?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Circuit City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Circuit City interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Circuit City employees and interview candidates.