Circuit City

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

Interviewed at Circuit City

Interview Details – There was one group interview with about 5 other people being interviewed at the same time. The interview had an open format with an emphasis on creativity and social interaction.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing about the interview was a couple of brainteasers. I think the management just wanted to see how we would find answers under pressure.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in December 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter. There was one interview with two people. They were very pleasant and I think it would have been a good job. I turned it down because I was worried about their financial situation. Turns out I was right, but in hindsight I wish I would have taken the job.

Interview Question – Nothing more difficult than I would have expected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was worried about the prospects of the company.

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Madison, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Circuit City in September 2010.

Interview Details – One interview with the sales manager and a standardized computer test. I got one call to tell me they loved me and wanted to hire me, followed up by a call 30 min later telling me I wasn't selected. I should have rejected the offer due to them being disorganized from the start.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Plantation, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview Details – I was called back less than a week after submitting the application online. They informed me that I passed the personality test and to schedule an interview with the store manager later that week. Upon meeting with the manager he was shocked that I showed up with a decent resume as a high school student and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to sell a stapler.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager offered me above minimum wage as a high school student

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Wellington, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was fast and very deep.It was a nice experience to work with this company

Interview Question – I was asked several technical questions,but since a telecommunication technician and technically inclined i answered them satisfactorily   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary based

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

Interview Details – One interview with District Manager, no interviews with any other managers. Had to test for proficiency at the District Office prior to being hired.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at the time

Very Easy Interview

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy and smooth.

Negotiation Details – We're going to start you off with $9/hr.

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview Details – friend reccomended me to a manager.
one interview where the manage essetially gaurenteed my job based on the employee review. he explained base pay and that was it.

Interview Question – he asked about my knowlege of computer products and camera products and few specific questions on how to fix random things just to make sure i could answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was avaialble though. it was here is the job, can you do it.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in March 2009.

Interview Details – Not a bad hiring process. It's really just standard procedure. You go on their website and fill out an application. Then you call them and bug them until one of the hiring managers calls you back to set up an interview. The questions weren't tough at all.

Interview Question – Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2008.

Interview Details – Basic Star interview structure. Questions on past experiences, and how they relate to the current job description. Scenario based questions, testing ability to handle customer service challenges. Ask to sell yourself to an employer in 30 seconds or less.

Interview Question – Would you consider yourself a team player, or someone who likes to work individually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cut and dry, salary discussed, then middle ground met.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Circuit City

Worked for Circuit City? Contribute to the Community!