Circuit City Interview Questions

2.4

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warehouse Point, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warehouse Point, CT

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in May 2014.

A++
    A typical work day is 8 - 5 and you sell online advertisements. Days consist of meeting, calls, training, and office activities.

Learned how to sell, cold call, negotiate, communicate B2B.

Hardest part of job is resisting the free food. Most enjoyable is being on the phones and talking to different people.

Management: A+
    Co-Workers: A++

Customer Service Associate Interview

There was one group interview with about 5 other people being interviewed at the same time. The interview had an open format with an emphasis on creativity and social interaction.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing about the interview was a couple of brainteasers. I think the management just wanted to see how we would find answers under pressure.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in December 2010.

I went through a recruiter. There was one interview with two people. They were very pleasant and I think it would have been a good job. I turned it down because I was worried about their financial situation. Turns out I was right, but in hindsight I wish I would have taken the job.

Interview Questions

I was worried about the prospects of the company.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Circuit City in September 2010.

One interview with the sales manager and a standardized computer test. I got one call to tell me they loved me and wanted to hire me, followed up by a call 30 min later telling me I wasn't selected. I should have rejected the offer due to them being disorganized from the start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Circuit City.

I was called back less than a week after submitting the application online. They informed me that I passed the personality test and to schedule an interview with the store manager later that week. Upon meeting with the manager he was shocked that I showed up with a decent resume as a high school student and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    The manager offered me above minimum wage as a high school student

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

The Hiring process was fast and very deep.It was a nice experience to work with this company

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several technical questions,but since a telecommunication technician and technically inclined i answered them satisfactorily   View Answer
    Salary based

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

One interview with District Manager, no interviews with any other managers. Had to test for proficiency at the District Office prior to being hired.

No negotiation at the time

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2009.

Interview process was easy and smooth.

We're going to start you off with $9/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City.

friend reccomended me to a manager.
    one interview where the manage essetially gaurenteed my job based on the employee review. he explained base pay and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • he asked about my knowlege of computer products and camera products and few specific questions on how to fix random things just to make sure i could answer.   Answer Question
    no negotiation was avaialble though. it was here is the job, can you do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in March 2009.

Not a bad hiring process. It's really just standard procedure. You go on their website and fill out an application. Then you call them and bug them until one of the hiring managers calls you back to set up an interview. The questions weren't tough at all.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?   View Answer

Worked for Circuit City? Contribute to the Community!