Circuit City

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

One interview with District Manager, no interviews with any other managers. Had to test for proficiency at the District Office prior to being hired.

No negotiation at the time

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Circuit City in June 2009.

The Hiring process was fast and very deep.It was a nice experience to work with this company

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several technical questions,but since a telecommunication technician and technically inclined i answered them satisfactorily   View Answer
    Salary based

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Circuit City in March 2009.

Not a bad hiring process. It's really just standard procedure. You go on their website and fill out an application. Then you call them and bug them until one of the hiring managers calls you back to set up an interview. The questions weren't tough at all.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?   View Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Circuit City in January 2009.

Interview process was easy and smooth.

We're going to start you off with $9/hr.

Electronic Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Circuit City in October 2008.

submitted app in person, then they called me a wek later to come in to interview.
    I showed up for the interview 10 min before my scheduled time and they were tint on time taking me in to interview with 2 different people. I believe one was the supervisor/lead, and the other was the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions.
      What are your favorite electronics items and why?
      How often do you use a VCR/DVD player a week?
      What is your experience with computes?
      Do you prefer to work as a team or individually?
      Some of the products they asked about I wasn't as familiar as I should have been.

View Answer

I was concerned I wouldn't have the proper product knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Circuit City in September 2008.

I went through two interviews with various managers. One thing I found insulting was that they made me wait 45 minutes past my scheduled interview. I am sure that they would not have appreciated me showing up 45 minutes late. The manager for my final interview was kind of rude. He acted like he had better things to do and that he couldn't wait to get me out of his office. I understand retail can be busy, but maybe you should schedule your interviews when you are sure to have coverage. Basic questions about sales experience and comfort levels with certain sales position aspects. With the manager's behavior I wasn't sure if I would get the job but surprsingly was offered a position.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Circuit City in June 2008.

The skills test seemed unhelpful and unneccessary, it was done on a computer on campus. The one-on-one interviews for the role were very interesting. I felt that the interview went well, but I was contacted afterward and told that the role had been given to someone with more experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a store manager contacted you to say they could sell more of a given product?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Circuit City in March 2008.

I applied online, and it was a generally easy interview. They asked easy sales related questions, and asked me to do a sales pitch of something in the store. After a few days, they called me back and told me I had the job, however, I declined because I received a better offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

I received a better job elsewhere.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Circuit City in March 2008.

Asked if they were hiring when i was buying a computer and i got called to schedule and interview. i came in to do the interview and it was basic questions about my previous work experience and computer knowledge. I was asked to describe the perfect computer and why i would choose specific parts. basically selling them the computer.

Interview Questions
    Based off of passed experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Circuit City in January 2008.

It was simple! common scene questions

No negotiation