Circuit City

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Secuirty Interview

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Circuit City in December 2011.

Interview Details – After apply, I had to take a personalty test and skills test. I then had a phone interview the next day, They did a background check and I hand a 1:1 interview that Monday

Interview Question – If a customer drops a diamond in the parking lot and you retrieve it, what next step would you take   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was to low, and no room for advancement

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Circuit City in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was detailed but made no sense. I had to complete about 5 surveys and 3 of them were the same. Came back a week later as I was called in and they gave me 2 of the same surveys I'd had the prior week. Clearly they were stalling for the Store Director.

Interview Question – If you were me, what questions would you ask of me   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a parking spot and bonus potential percentage up by 5 %.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very in depth interview process. Started with a phone screen, went to an in person interview with a store manager. Then a panel interview with five employees, three store employees and two corporate employees.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2008.

Interview Details – A friend of mine worked there and told me that they just fired some people and needed more female employees. The online application was "strongly agree / agree / strongly disagree" type question. The head manager did a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – What would your teachers say are your three strengths?   Answer Question

Boardman, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was simple! common scene questions

Interview Question – What is your best and worst quality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Computer Sales Interview

Daly City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in March 2008.

Interview Details – Asked if they were hiring when i was buying a computer and i got called to schedule and interview. i came in to do the interview and it was basic questions about my previous work experience and computer knowledge. I was asked to describe the perfect computer and why i would choose specific parts. basically selling them the computer.

Interview Question – Describe the perfect computer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based off of passed experience.

Merrillville, IN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Circuit City in September 2008.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews with various managers. One thing I found insulting was that they made me wait 45 minutes past my scheduled interview. I am sure that they would not have appreciated me showing up 45 minutes late. The manager for my final interview was kind of rude. He acted like he had better things to do and that he couldn't wait to get me out of his office. I understand retail can be busy, but maybe you should schedule your interviews when you are sure to have coverage. Basic questions about sales experience and comfort levels with certain sales position aspects. With the manager's behavior I wasn't sure if I would get the job but surprsingly was offered a position.

Interview Question – What makes you right for this position.   Answer Question

Alexandria, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in December 2007.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview. They asked me to talk about themselves, they told me about the company and the way the stores worked. They told me about their history of working with the company. Then they asked to do a one on one sales pitch with a customer. Afterwards they orally quizzed me on product knowledge.

Interview Question – They gave me a customer scenario about a lady who had bought equipment from us and we didn't fulfill our promise in providing our service. I had no idea about services through the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what I wanted. The store director & assistant manager spoke in the hallway and they came back with an offer written on paper. I would have negotiated again for another 50 cents if I was smart.

Sales Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Circuit City in March 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online, and it was a generally easy interview. They asked easy sales related questions, and asked me to do a sales pitch of something in the store. After a few days, they called me back and told me I had the job, however, I declined because I received a better offer elsewhere.

Interview Question – Make me a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better job elsewhere.

PC Technician Interview

PC Technician

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in June 2008.

Interview Details – Smart people working there - good team. Seemed well thought out and organized.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
  • Describe the culture in which you work most effectively.   Answer Question
  • Provide me with two references that you will use. Tell me what they will say about you when I (we) call them.   Answer Question