Circuit City Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.3

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Richmond, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. There was one interview with two people. They were very pleasant and I think it would have been a good job. I turned it down because I was worried about their financial situation. Turns out I was right, but in hindsight I wish I would have taken the job.

Interview Questions

I was worried about the prospects of the company.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Circuit City (Madison, WI) in September 2010.

Interview

One interview with the sales manager and a standardized computer test. I got one call to tell me they loved me and wanted to hire me, followed up by a call 30 min later telling me I wasn't selected. I should have rejected the offer due to them being disorganized from the start.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Circuit City (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was detailed but made no sense. I had to complete about 5 surveys and 3 of them were the same. Came back a week later as I was called in and they gave me 2 of the same surveys I'd had the prior week. Clearly they were stalling for the Store Director.

Interview Questions

• If you were me, what questions would you ask of me   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a parking spot and bonus potential percentage up by 5 %.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Cleveland, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. Started with a phone screen, went to an in person interview with a store manager. Then a panel interview with five employees, three store employees and two corporate employees.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Industry, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

One interview with District Manager, no interviews with any other managers. Had to test for proficiency at the District Office prior to being hired.

Negotiation

No negotiation at the time

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Circuit City (Wellington, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

The Hiring process was fast and very deep.It was a nice experience to work with this company

Interview Questions

• I was asked several technical questions,but since a telecommunication technician and technically inclined i answered them satisfactorily   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary based

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Austin, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Not a bad hiring process. It's really just standard procedure. You go on their website and fill out an application. Then you call them and bug them until one of the hiring managers calls you back to set up an interview. The questions weren't tough at all.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Circuit City (Wayne, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Interview process was easy and smooth.

Negotiation

We're going to start you off with $9/hr.

Electronic Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Circuit City (Sacramento, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

submitted app in person, then they called me a wek later to come in to interview. I showed up for the interview 10 min before my scheduled time and they were tint on time taking me in to interview with 2 different people. I believe one was the supervisor/lead, and the other was the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions. What are your favorite electronics items and why? How often do you use a VCR/DVD player a week? What is your experience with computes? Do you prefer to work as a team or individually? Some of the products they asked about I wasn't as familiar as I should have been.   1 Answer

I was concerned I wouldn't have the proper product knowledge.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Circuit City (Merrillville, IN) in September 2008.

Interview

I went through two interviews with various managers. One thing I found insulting was that they made me wait 45 minutes past my scheduled interview. I am sure that they would not have appreciated me showing up 45 minutes late. The manager for my final interview was kind of rude. He acted like he had better things to do and that he couldn't wait to get me out of his office. I understand retail can be busy, but maybe you should schedule your interviews when you are sure to have coverage. Basic questions about sales experience and comfort levels with certain sales position aspects. With the manager's behavior I wasn't sure if I would get the job but surprsingly was offered a position.