Circuit City

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plantation, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview Details – I was called back less than a week after submitting the application online. They informed me that I passed the personality test and to schedule an interview with the store manager later that week. Upon meeting with the manager he was shocked that I showed up with a decent resume as a high school student and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to sell a stapler.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager offered me above minimum wage as a high school student

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City.

Interview Details – friend reccomended me to a manager.
one interview where the manage essetially gaurenteed my job based on the employee review. he explained base pay and that was it.

Interview Question – he asked about my knowlege of computer products and camera products and few specific questions on how to fix random things just to make sure i could answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was avaialble though. it was here is the job, can you do it.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Circuit City in March 2009.

Interview Details – Not a bad hiring process. It's really just standard procedure. You go on their website and fill out an application. Then you call them and bug them until one of the hiring managers calls you back to set up an interview. The questions weren't tough at all.

Interview Question – Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?   View Answer

Boardman, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was simple! common scene questions

Interview Question – What is your best and worst quality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Merrillville, IN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Circuit City in September 2008.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews with various managers. One thing I found insulting was that they made me wait 45 minutes past my scheduled interview. I am sure that they would not have appreciated me showing up 45 minutes late. The manager for my final interview was kind of rude. He acted like he had better things to do and that he couldn't wait to get me out of his office. I understand retail can be busy, but maybe you should schedule your interviews when you are sure to have coverage. Basic questions about sales experience and comfort levels with certain sales position aspects. With the manager's behavior I wasn't sure if I would get the job but surprsingly was offered a position.

Interview Question – What makes you right for this position.   Answer Question

Alexandria, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in December 2007.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview. They asked me to talk about themselves, they told me about the company and the way the stores worked. They told me about their history of working with the company. Then they asked to do a one on one sales pitch with a customer. Afterwards they orally quizzed me on product knowledge.

Interview Question – They gave me a customer scenario about a lady who had bought equipment from us and we didn't fulfill our promise in providing our service. I had no idea about services through the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what I wanted. The store director & assistant manager spoke in the hallway and they came back with an offer written on paper. I would have negotiated again for another 50 cents if I was smart.

Sales Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Circuit City in March 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online, and it was a generally easy interview. They asked easy sales related questions, and asked me to do a sales pitch of something in the store. After a few days, they called me back and told me I had the job, however, I declined because I received a better offer elsewhere.

Interview Question – Make me a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better job elsewhere.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

Interview Details – The manager just sat with me in the office and asked some really basic questions about sales and customer service. I was hired within about an hour and a half because it was coming up on the holiday shopping season and I already had experience in the industry.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Circuit City?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Circuit City in October 2008.

Interview Details – They asked where I worked and what I did on a regular basis during my previous job history. The personality test was to see if I was crazy and motivated to take on a new job. They asked me what I was interested in terms of technology and figured where I fitted within the company best.

Interview Question – Since you have no previous experience with sales how do you plan to be successful?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Circuit City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Circuit City Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Circuit City employees and interview candidates.