Cirrus Logic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Austin, TX

I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in December 2013.

Interview Details – Asked about the dc dc converter design such as Buck loop compensation, current sensing, flyback design and analysis, and IC design knowledge, Audio experience and background, DSP , signal processing methods, A/D converter. More in applications and less in IC design area.

Interview Question – flyback design   Answer Question

Facilities Technician Interview

Facilities Technician
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in February 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple Interveiwers with a laid back attitude. Interviewers included an HR Recruiter, a prospective coworker, supervisor, and multiple levels of management. Very personable and comfortable process. Though the questions didnt seem very thorough. Casual atmosphere and amiable relations.

Interview Question – What do you want from this company?   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Digital Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview Details – Interviewing for a Digital Design Engineer position. The interview consisted of both digital and analog questions and went way into detail for analog when that is not my specialty.

Interview Question – Asked to derive the equations for an RLC system. I'm not an analog guy for a reason.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 5% increase from the original offer. The final salary was over 20% increase in pay from current employer at the time.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact via recruiter. Very open and helpful HR at company. Interview was mixture of personal and technical - they really want to make sure that the person is a good fit for the company culture as well as being technically competent. Company was extremely supportive during job transition time where I was unable to work for several months

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation - I was keen to get job. They added a bit more on top of the initial offer.

Design Verification Intern Interview

Design Verification Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Phone Interview, got the nod in a couple of days via phone

Interview Question – Just asked basic questions on DSP - upsampling and downsampling   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in June 2012.

Interview Details – pretty much of an introductory discussion about company and personality

Interview Question – describe your ideal job at this company   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in July 2012.

Interview Details – Passed my resume to hiring manager through a friend. I was contacted by HR through email and was asked if I wished to interview. I told them I did and was sent to site to fill out online application.

Interview day I was met by the hiring manager, taken on a tour of the facility, then did a 1:1 with 3 other employees.

I got the feeling that I was being interviewed for a different job than the one I applied for as the questions they asked were not really relevant to the position.

Interview Question – Most questions asked were not really relevant to the job applied for.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in March 2012.

Interview Details – 9 interviews in a day is just excessive. Some of the interviewers were unprepared.

Interview Question – How would you go from customer requirements to high level design?   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Digital Design Engineer
Austin, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in May 2012.

Interview Details – They are very good in planning and scheduling the interview . Atleast in my case they were. They send you the topics they normally interview for that particular position. You can have a look at them but most questions will be simple in the first round . Manager calls and tests basics of digital design in first interview . Later in the second interview they become more specific to the job profile. After this they normally take you for a round of onsite interviews. And mostly inform about their promptly.

Interview Question – How will you divide clock by 2 using d flip flops.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly straightforward. Was told to describe what I did at my current company, some technical questions, and a few HR type questions.

Interview Question – What did you do for Project X in Company Y?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Extremely easy negotiation process. Just name your price and HR will try its best to match or better it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cirrus Logic

Worked for Cirrus Logic? Contribute to the Community!

Cirrus Logic Videos

Cirrus Logic – Why Work for Us?

Why Join Us? Is there a cooler semiconductor company on the planet? The Great Place to Work Institute listed Cirrus Logic as the #9 company to work for in America (small and medium companies). We’re hiring like mad… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cirrus Logic interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cirrus Logic employees and interview candidates.