Cirrus Logic

Cirrus Logic Digital Design Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interviewing for a Digital Design Engineer position. The interview consisted of both digital and analog questions and went way into detail for analog when that is not my specialty.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to derive the equations for an RLC system. I'm not an analog guy for a reason.   View Answer
I was able to negotiate a 5% increase from the original offer. The final salary was over 20% increase in pay from current employer at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Cirrus Logic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cirrus Logic in May 2012.

They are very good in planning and scheduling the interview . Atleast in my case they were. They send you the topics they normally interview for that particular position. You can have a look at them but most questions will be simple in the first round . Manager calls and tests basics of digital design in first interview . Later in the second interview they become more specific to the job profile. After this they normally take you for a round of onsite interviews. And mostly inform about their promptly.

Interview Questions
    • How will you divide clock by 2 using d flip flops.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cirrus Logic in March 2012.

2 phone screen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cirrus Logic in October 2011.

Only one phone interview. But it depends on managers. Other people recruited by a different manager may get two, maybe even more phone calls for an internship. The company focus on DSP chips. So DSP is included in the topics for sure, no matter it is digital or analog position.

Interview Questions
    • Verilog question with additional requirements. Design a FSM providing fibonacci sequence with enable and reset. Output should be immediate.   View Answer
    The company is listed as one of Greatest Company to Work, but only in the small and medium business list. Haven't go for it yet, but as far as I know it is in TX. Said to be quite hot in summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cirrus Logic in October 2010.

A phone screen followed by a couple of on-site visits. The interviews were highly technical and specific to the type of work encountered in the workplace. The employees exhibited neutral-positive behavior. The sentiment was bullish on the future of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the sequence of events from the time a key is pressed on a keyboard to a character appearing on the monitor.   Answer Question
    The negotiations phase was high pressured and seemed to place excess emphasis on current pay. It's best to avoid answering direct questions about current pay and to provide a range instead. The organization appeared to be reluctant to offer. Even though I was informed by external sources that they offer sign-on bonuses, I was not offered anything.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cirrus Logic in October 2012.

Got a call for phone interview. I think they have multiple phone interview rounds before they call you for an on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was unprepared and was the person to interview me originally.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cirrus Logic in January 2012.

The interviewer was not prepared very well. There were moments of silence because the interviewer was thinking about the questions to ask. I thought I answered well to his questions

Digital Design Engineer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cirrus Logic in February 2011.

phone interview. A manager interviewed me. It's a totally technical interview. Asked me 7 questions about digital design, timing issue, architecture, signal processing.