Cirrus Logic

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview Details – Interviewing for a Digital Design Engineer position. The interview consisted of both digital and analog questions and went way into detail for analog when that is not my specialty.

Interview Question – Asked to derive the equations for an RLC system. I'm not an analog guy for a reason.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a 5% increase from the original offer. The final salary was over 20% increase in pay from current employer at the time.

Austin, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in May 2012.

Interview Details – They are very good in planning and scheduling the interview . Atleast in my case they were. They send you the topics they normally interview for that particular position. You can have a look at them but most questions will be simple in the first round . Manager calls and tests basics of digital design in first interview . Later in the second interview they become more specific to the job profile. After this they normally take you for a round of onsite interviews. And mostly inform about their promptly.

Interview Question – How will you divide clock by 2 using d flip flops.   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone screen

Interview Question – Effect clock skew on setup /hold time   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in October 2011.

Interview Details – Only one phone interview. But it depends on managers. Other people recruited by a different manager may get two, maybe even more phone calls for an internship. The company focus on DSP chips. So DSP is included in the topics for sure, no matter it is digital or analog position.

Interview Question – Verilog question with additional requirements. Design a FSM providing fibonacci sequence with enable and reset. Output should be immediate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company is listed as one of Greatest Company to Work, but only in the small and medium business list. Haven't go for it yet, but as far as I know it is in TX. Said to be quite hot in summer.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in October 2010.

Interview Details – A phone screen followed by a couple of on-site visits. The interviews were highly technical and specific to the type of work encountered in the workplace. The employees exhibited neutral-positive behavior. The sentiment was bullish on the future of the company.

Interview Question – Explain the sequence of events from the time a key is pressed on a keyboard to a character appearing on the monitor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations phase was high pressured and seemed to place excess emphasis on current pay. It's best to avoid answering direct questions about current pay and to provide a range instead. The organization appeared to be reluctant to offer. Even though I was informed by external sources that they offer sign-on bonuses, I was not offered anything.

Digital Design Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call for phone interview. I think they have multiple phone interview rounds before they call you for an on site interview.

Interview Question – The interviewer was unprepared and was the person to interview me originally.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Digital Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer was not prepared very well. There were moments of silence because the interviewer was thinking about the questions to ask. I thought I answered well to his questions

Interview Questions

Digital Design Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cirrus Logic in February 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview. A manager interviewed me. It's a totally technical interview. Asked me 7 questions about digital design, timing issue, architecture, signal processing.

Interview Question – signal processing questions,   Answer Question

Worked for Cirrus Logic? Contribute to the Community!