Cisco Systems Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

3.6

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

For any candidates applying for positions at Cisco...be patient! HR has become a big organization and sometimes the recruiters don't always communicate effectively with the hiring manager. Once you've identified the location for the position, you can probably identify the Hiring Manager or someone that knows the hiring Manager via Linkedin to establish a direct connection which will help you through the HR side of the process.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard a converged voice and video infrastructure   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

First over the phone interview was basic behavioral based questions and experience related qualifications. Second over the phone interview was higher quality more personal questions about my character and life experiences. Mandatory creative video cover letter - bare directions of what they want, would like you to be very creative and show your personality. Lastly there is a role play assessment where you play the role of an account manager who is conducting a first encounter sales meeting. Intro (confirm time for meeting, build rapport) Needs identification (qualifying questions), Product or service presentation, Close

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales? Why do you want to work for Cisco? What personal experiences have you had that developed your leadership skills? List 5 words that your peers of colleagues would use to describe you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (McKinney, TX).

Interview

The process is long and complicated. Cisco is truly a world class company and this is part of the reason. They take their time and really vet the candidates to hire the best of the best.

Interview Questions

• I was asked really specific scenarios related to sales and dealing with channel partners. How to handle issues.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2012.

Interview

As an internal candidate the process was fair and efficient. I had to interview with a panel of 4 people from sales, biz dev and engineering. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will be able to transition from your current role into this new vertical?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Resume review and initial informal conversation with Hiring Mgr. After which, six interviews with peers and other Managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was straight forward. They told me what the comp was and I decided if it was worth it for me to take it.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2011.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by a phone screening, and then three 45 minute back to back to back interviews. Then a final phone interview. During the entire process a lot of situational questions were asked. The interviews also focused on account planning techniques and strategies. The entire process took 30 - 45 days. Very challenging process, but worth it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Memphis, TN) in September 2010.

Interview

Very well coordinated process which wsa handled very professionally. Interviewers were intelligent, respectful, and very challenging with questions that related to real-lfe scenarios for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a multi-million dollar project where you are the incumbent and being attacked on price due to a new competitor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The standard packaging for the position was 60% more than my previous position at HP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone screening, then mix of on-site and video conference. Fairly generic questions. My management focused most on cultural fit, drive and gut feeling.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer only, no negotiations.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had 2 interviews before to star workingin Cisco Systems during one week. It was a very fast process. They had the slot postionandtheyneedto select the candidate fast before to lost the slot.

Interview Questions

• My experience with one big customer that is Telefonica. They asked me about my list of contacts in Telefonica de España.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Paris (France)) in May 2014.

Interview

Challenging but fast paced, starts with phone, then video, then assessment center, they fly you in to the closest one to you. Overal really nice experience. Very professional people and very friendly, always willing to help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiable