Cisco Systems Associate Sales Representative Interview Questions

4.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

The first interview was via webex and consisted of common behavioral questions. The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. The third interview is at the assessment center in RTP, North Carolina. It consists of a 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation, and a 20 minute sales role play. I recommend preparing, networking at the assessment center (remember names), and letting your personality show through.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were all fairly expected; however, due to the dynamic nature of sales role play you can never expect what direction it will go. Just be flexible and use open ended questions to learn more about what the question is experiencing.   Answer Question
Offer is amazing. Check the benefits package. Do you really want to negotiate?

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2011.

Great people and work environment outside of the interview room. Was not sure what to expect during the interview process and spent too much time reading the technical manual. Also during the mock meeting and presentation, be prepared to deal with difficult personalities. The person conducting the information session acting as a client would not give me any information and set up a one in a thousand kind of situation where the client did not want to work with me. Very frustrating and made it near impossible to come up with an idea to present in the next round. Not sure what advice to give because the feedback they gave me revolved around not getting enough information from the mock client--which was definitely not my fault. Other than that, had a great next 2 rounds with really friendly people. I believe the first round hurt me and since they were only taking 10/40 people it made a huge difference, unfortunately.

Interview Questions
    • You don't have a people-oriented background, why sales?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2010.

First there was a phone interview, which was pretty standard. Questions included:
    Why are you interested in Cisco?
    What is the CEO's name?
    What makes you a good fit for the ASR program?

An interesting aspect of the phone interview was being told to "pitch" the interviewer on something/anything that you're passionate about. This was around March Madness so I chose the college basketball tournament fever. Made it to the next round.

The in-person interview process was the most intense I've experience. Create a powerpoint presentation for a ten minute presentation to a group of up to 5 people. Pitch a panel of 3 people on using a product of theirs. Then interview with 3 people who ask you the personal/behavioral questions (If you could have any superpower, what would it be?).

They responded via e-mail 2 weeks later (literally the last day that they said they might respond).

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2014.

1. Phone call - half in poslih half in english. Easy, what would you do if client... ect. Tell me about yourself - standards.
    2. Video - 2 minutes on yourself.
    3. A day at cisco - roleplaying + typical interview. Also a presentation on given topic (you receive topic in the email with invitation to the final round aside with few pdf to study)

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2014.

The process took around a month. It was divided in three parts:
    1)phone
    2)video submission
    3) a whole day of interviews in one of the hubs of Europe, along with a role play, and a presentation.

No negotiable

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

1.online application
    2.phone interview (40 min)
    3.making a 2 min movie
    4.Assessment Center

Interview Questions

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!