Cisco Systems

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Research Triangle Park, NC

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2011.

Interview Details – Great people and work environment outside of the interview room. Was not sure what to expect during the interview process and spent too much time reading the technical manual. Also during the mock meeting and presentation, be prepared to deal with difficult personalities. The person conducting the information session acting as a client would not give me any information and set up a one in a thousand kind of situation where the client did not want to work with me. Very frustrating and made it near impossible to come up with an idea to present in the next round. Not sure what advice to give because the feedback they gave me revolved around not getting enough information from the mock client--which was definitely not my fault. Other than that, had a great next 2 rounds with really friendly people. I believe the first round hurt me and since they were only taking 10/40 people it made a huge difference, unfortunately.

Interview Question – You don't have a people-oriented background, why sales?   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2010.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview, which was pretty standard. Questions included:
Why are you interested in Cisco?
What is the CEO's name?
What makes you a good fit for the ASR program?

An interesting aspect of the phone interview was being told to "pitch" the interviewer on something/anything that you're passionate about. This was around March Madness so I chose the college basketball tournament fever. Made it to the next round.

The in-person interview process was the most intense I've experience. Create a powerpoint presentation for a ten minute presentation to a group of up to 5 people. Pitch a panel of 3 people on using a product of theirs. Then interview with 3 people who ask you the personal/behavioral questions (If you could have any superpower, what would it be?).

They responded via e-mail 2 weeks later (literally the last day that they said they might respond).

Interview Questions

Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – 1.online application
2.phone interview (40 min)
3.making a 2 min movie
4.Assessment Center

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Associate Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.