Cisco Systems Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was very simple. Overall questions just about your self, i.e. strengths and weaknesses,leadership roles, as well as what you know about Cisco. They want to hear why you are specifically interested in Cisco. I had 1 interview, and after that interview it seemed like I was going to have an offer. I was then interviewed for 4 different teams and was picked by the highest manager.

It was an internship, so no negotation

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I had three interviews, first is phone interview, and the second one is an assignment ,the last one is on site interview. The first interview was basically talking about my past experience and hearing her talking about the company and her job. The second one was a data analytic task , that is a bunch of dummy data and present your findings in ppt send it back to Cisco. The last one is an onsite interview, with three people. That is a little challenge. But they are nice people and no tough question. Just tell them you expertise and past experience. To be honest , if they trust what you told them, they will probably bring you on board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2010.

The interview process was very lengthy. I had my first initial interview over the phone and then didn't hear back regarding a follow up for almost 4 weeks. Once I heard back, they called me in for a 3 hour face to face interview where I met with 4 future team members for 45 minute interviews where they asked me question to decipher what I would be like to work with, and how I would adapt to Cisco culture. Then after that, I didn't hear back again for another 4 weeks. Overall, its a slow process but they like to be diligent.

Interview Questions
    • There was technical programming question that one of the interviewers asked me but in hindsight, the question was totally pointless because the role I was interviewing for was a non-technical one. My suggestion would be to call out the interviewer if you feel like they are taking the interview in a direction that does not make sense.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I had been unemployed for 3 months and was desperate to get back in.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was sent by a staffing company and directly talked to the hiring manager. He was very pleasant with me so got hired immediately

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Was invited to initial interview after I talked to the recruiter at the career fair at my university. I had to apply online before the interview. The initial interview lasted 30 minutes and was very relaxed. The questions were mostly about what I had done in the past, what I had learned and what my expectations were for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working in a large company or a small company. Not unexpected but tricky in this particular situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2013.

One phone screening by recruiter and then 2 interviews onsite..

Phone screening with recruiter was easy. He just asked about job experience, compensation current & expected, immigration requirement, location etc..

Had 2 interviews f2f.

Interview Questions
    • What is the latest feedback you have received from your manager (or anyone) ?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a bit and was fruitful. Try to negotiate initially if possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

basic accounting questions, personality questions, why you want to work here, what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about a time you failed and what did you learn from it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Applied online through their career site. Got a response from a HR rep. Initially a phone screening and then an on-site interview via Tele-presence with 3 of the managers in San Jose.

Interview Questions
    • They were looking for very specific job experience which I didn't have in the area of Finance. The managers were mostly very conversational asking about career path and why I would be interested in the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

One on One interview, pretty laid back and relaxed

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

They didn't really ask me any specific questions, mainly just asked me to go over stuff on my resume and why I would make a good fit for the job. It was a very open interview, but it really didn't have any direction. Might have just been my interviewer. I would advise going over the company's profile and the job detail.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected, just asked questions about resume/past work experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!