Cisco Systems Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was very simple. Overall questions just about your self, i.e. strengths and weaknesses,leadership roles, as well as what you know about Cisco. They want to hear why you are specifically interested in Cisco. I had 1 interview, and after that interview it seemed like I was going to have an offer. I was then interviewed for 4 different teams and was picked by the highest manager.

It was an internship, so no negotation

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I had three interviews, first is phone interview, and the second one is an assignment ,the last one is on site interview. The first interview was basically talking about my past experience and hearing her talking about the company and her job. The second one was a data analytic task , that is a bunch of dummy data and present your findings in ppt send it back to Cisco. The last one is an onsite interview, with three people. That is a little challenge. But they are nice people and no tough question. Just tell them you expertise and past experience. To be honest , if they trust what you told them, they will probably bring you on board.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I was sent by a staffing company and directly talked to the hiring manager. He was very pleasant with me so got hired immediately

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Was invited to initial interview after I talked to the recruiter at the career fair at my university. I had to apply online before the interview. The initial interview lasted 30 minutes and was very relaxed. The questions were mostly about what I had done in the past, what I had learned and what my expectations were for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working in a large company or a small company. Not unexpected but tricky in this particular situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2013.

One phone screening by recruiter and then 2 interviews onsite..

Phone screening with recruiter was easy. He just asked about job experience, compensation current & expected, immigration requirement, location etc..

Had 2 interviews f2f.

Interview Questions
    • What is the latest feedback you have received from your manager (or anyone) ?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a bit and was fruitful. Try to negotiate initially if possible.

Business Analyst Interview

One on One interview, pretty laid back and relaxed

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

They didn't really ask me any specific questions, mainly just asked me to go over stuff on my resume and why I would make a good fit for the job. It was a very open interview, but it really didn't have any direction. Might have just been my interviewer. I would advise going over the company's profile and the job detail.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected, just asked questions about resume/past work experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

I went to CISCO office to attend my 1st round of F2F interview after clearing an initial round of interview with their vendor.

There was no proper greet from the vendor manager once I reached the CISCO office.
    Neither anyone informed me what is their interviewing process nor about the number of rounds.
    Later I was interviewed by a manager from CISCO who asked me several BA related questions to which I answered satisfactorily.It went on for 45 mins.
    The next day I got a reply from the vendor HR stating that I got selected for the first round F2F and that they wanted me to visit them again next day for 2nd round.

Till that time I didnt know how many more rounds or what they were expecting,but they called me.

I went there ,reached CISCO office exactly at the said time, but to my surprise I did not find anyone there to greet me.

I called the vendor manager to tell him that I reached and am waiting for my interview to be done.He said he is on the way to office and I was left with no option but to sit there with no clue at their lobby.

After like half an hour passed ,vendor manager comes and says "U HAVE TO WAIT" no proper greeting as usual.

I asked him politely how much more time will the interviewers take to interview me.
    He said I dont know and that he will call me.

I kept on waiting for like 1 hour after which they called me to be interviewed by a CISCO manager who said sorry for the delay and then asked me very few qs .That interview lasted for 10-15 min.
    Later I was told that one more round of interview will be done.
    And again I was waiting for like 15 more min and then came the CISCO manager who interviewd me for 15 min.

After 4 rounds and 2 days of interview ,they did not reply anything back to me yet neither the vendor HR got back to me.

This was the most horrifying interview experience that I have faced so far.
    Overall I did not find it professional and this was just a wastage of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Light phone screen and 3 rounds of interviews from 3 different folks. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2012.

Applied online through their career site. Got a response from a HR rep. Initially a phone screening and then an on-site interview via Tele-presence with 3 of the managers in San Jose.

Interview Questions
    • They were looking for very specific job experience which I didn't have in the area of Finance. The managers were mostly very conversational asking about career path and why I would be interested in the position.   Answer Question