Cisco Systems Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

open, honest conversation about you, your history, goals and drive. Then they focus on hos that relates to building long term, trusting business relationships. Over all they are well recognized and have a smooth process

Interview Questions

• Work/life based, stress related and a strong focus on long term business relations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate base salary

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was thorough and professional. Got to meet a good mix of people. Co-workers and management from different functional groups. Was able to get a good picture before making decision. Interviewers was very helpful in describing and explaining the role and the company culture. The hiring process was well executed. Ample help from HR and hiring management to navigate through the onboarding process at ease.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question. Interview questions were job role related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

many interviews

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was disorganized. There seemed to be disagreement in the position responsibilities from those that interviewed me. There was little follow up without my prodding and they seemed disengaged. I got the impression that employees were stressed and unhappy working there. It appeared that there is tons of bureaucracy and no one seemed to know how decisions were made. There was frustration that their opinion did not matter to mgmt. I felt like they thought their upper mgmt should be fired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big success in your career and your specific role in that success?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a big failure in your career and your role in that failure? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Employees that i met did not seem happy working there. The bureaucracy looked frustrating and I had much better options for a happy job rather than to take the money (best $$$ offer I received). I figured that I would rather earn less and love my job than to make lots of money and be miserable.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I first had phone interview with recruiter, then another phone interview with hiring manager, then I flew out to the company location in Philadelphia and had in person interview with hiring manager and other stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Why you and not someone else for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I would say the process is a little long. Part of it is the tax of a large company where there is a dedicated recruiter for each position and oftentimes, they do not coordinate well with the hiring manager. Cisco was going through a hiring freeze for a while so that made the process start and stop several times. Advice is to get in direct contact with the hiring manager because relying of the recruiter is not the most effective.

Interview Questions

• What markets do you think Cisco should get into and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited negotiation (given the economic conditions)... but definitely, everything is up for negotiation.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Three phone interviews overseas and four in person. Very nice and professional. Wanted to really get a good fit for the position as well making sure the position was a good fit for me personally and professionally.

Negotiation

Took a couple of days, but ended up on my target.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

interview with HR, line manager team members, met over 7 people over 7 interviews, no real consistency in technique or structure.. lack of process, bad communication of feedback, no consistency of feedback style or content, lack of clarity regarding success factors, goals etc. no tech support for process, bad hr systems support,

Interview Questions

• who would you identify as ideal acquisition targets and why   Answer Question

Negotiation

very painful, took along time, poor comms, rigid HR policy

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a Cisco recruiter.
    Good conversation. He explained how he thought I was a good fit for the job. Good rapport. I felt motivated to go to the next level .
    The interview with the hiring manager was Ok, but did not result in a next step.
    Looks like the job description was different from what he really wanted ( a salesperson ).
    I guess is another example of where a hiring manager just don't take the time to explain to the HR personnel what they really want.
    Either that , or he already had somebody in mind for the job.

Interview Questions

• Will you be comfortable in doing weekly forecast / funnel reviews ?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with human resources around key bullet points in job description. Followed three weeks later by phone interview with hiring manager. The questions were about my experience and expertise as related to the responsibilities of the role as outlined in the job description. There were no behaviorial interview questions. I followed up a few weeks later with the hiring manager and learned he was considering an internal candidate. I sent him two follow up emails indicating why I was a better candidate than the internal candidate but I received no response. The position was eventually taken down from the company website.