Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Went through 15 different interviews in 2 different locations.

Interview Question – None that I can recall.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview with her, and then one with the hiring manager. Then I was invited for in-person interviews, and interviewed with 8 people in one day. Two of the interviews were telepresence. I was supposed to have a half hour break for lunch, but the interviews ran over so there was no time to eat and no one offered to talk over lunch. Lesson learned: take a snack with you because you might be a little weak by the end of the day. It was intense, but they did hire me. I got their offer just a couple of days after the interviews.

Interview Question – Asked me what I would do if I completely disagreed with how the VP wanted to do something.   View Answer

Communications Manager

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – Four interviews. HR, hiring manager and potential colleagues. Mostly personality questions. Not a bad process. Ended up going with an internal candidate.

Interview Question – Describe a potential problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Communications Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – The position had been open for a while. The phone interview was relatively short since the hiring manager already knew my work from my previous interactions with her while I was still in a previous role.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most recent Cisco work experience?   Answer Question

Communications Manager

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a Communications Manager position in March 2010 with Change Management Group. Nice bunch of people, interview went extremely well though the interviewers took a few minutes each to review my resume which was a bit disconcerning. Positive experience but did not get offered the position (between me and another candidate).

Interview Question – Why have you held so many positions over the last 5 years?   View Answer

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!