Cisco Systems Customer Support Engineer Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC

3.5

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

All interviews were conducted through WebEx. First interview was a little over 30 minutes and was very general in questions. Why did you apply? Can you explain your resume in great detail?

Prior to the second interview I was given a question that for which I had to make a video response. Then the second interview was with a hiring manager, followed by a 30 minute break and then two or three Cisco employees (all through WebEx). The hiring manager asked questions such as what's a switch? What's a router? Then the Cisco employees asked questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain the OSI Model? For each layer describe it and give a protocol for each.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Team members conduct phone interview and then some of the team members will meet and interview the candidate on site. Team members have more say than the management in hiring a candidate.

Negotiation

No negotiation when I got hired.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

An agency contacted me about my resume on an online job seeking site. The staffing agency finds interview candidates for Cisco and prepare them to be as good a candidate as possible. My agency went above and beyond in preparing me and informing me on the interview process and what to expect. The process took very long on Cisco's end, but I soon had an in-person interview at Cisco, which I studied for for two days, reviewing all of my CCNA material and the preliminary questions the agency asked me over the phone. Overall, I over-studied and nailed every question in the interview. I was surprised at how easy the interview was for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was determined by an agency, who offered me only $12/ hour at my initial team with promises of a raise the moment I moved to my permanent team. I had very little experience besides a paid internship, but I did have a CCNA certification, which I have noticed few people at my level of support have. In my experience, agencies always offer low with promises of a raise very soon. I encourage anyone negotiating to ask for what they believe they deserve listing their strengths and see what they can negotiate.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Well my cisco journey began with an email from the TAC member on May24th. JUL 20th and I was contacted by this TAC had an 1hr 30min interview with him. Then I was contacted by a engineer and had a 15min interview now all I have left is 2 interviews.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with Cisco's head of Customer Support Engineering. This is an entry level position so most of the questions had to do with my course work in school. The interviewer was very helpful in positive and negative feedback regarding my experience and overall situation regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at dealing with different people?   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2007.

Interview

Extremely difficult phone interview over an hour. 5-6 engineers on the phone asking technical questions across all subjects - Unix, Routing/Switching, Voice, Oracle, etc. In-depth discussions about protocols, RFC/IETF specifications, signaling flows. No trick questions but they quiz you on everything on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe the call flow when using XYZ protocol including supplementary service delivery.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.