Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – At least 5 - 6 interviews

Interview Question – Why Cisco?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked for more stock options

Very Difficult Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed for 2 x Director positions; first one was a by 4 people, 2 directors and 2 VPs. Second interview was by 10 different interview sessions, one of which was an 8 person panel.

Interview Question – How are you going to be able to support us from where you are located?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very confusing and misleading interview process. I applied for a Director position on the website in October 2012 and got an email from a recruiter who wanted to schedule an interview. Had a good conversation with the recruiter about the position, but she informed me that I would actually be perfect for one of their other Director positions they also had open. She really pushed for this other position, so of course I agreed to interview for it. She said that the hiring team had already reviewed my resume and wanted to move forward with me as a candidate for this position, and would get back to me in a day or so with further details.

The next day she contacted me and was excited to tell me that they had eliminated all the other candidates and wanted to move forward with me. They had even closed out the job posting on their website. Obviously I was very excited and felt that this was going to be the perfect position for me. She set up an in-person interview with one of the Senior Directors on the team for the following week.

The following week, in November now, I had my in-person interview, which was really a teleconference video interview, with the Senior Director. We only had 30 mins, which was practically nothing, but we had a great conversation about the position. She basically used the 30 mins to tell me how great of a fit I was for the position, and was almost trying to "sell" it to me. As our conversation came to a close, she stated that she was very excited to move forward with me, but she had to just talk to her peers, and would be contacting my recruiter for the next steps.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...a week goes by and no response from anyone. I finally contacted my recruiter and she said she was still waiting to hear back from the Senior Director. At that point I felt like something was a little off, but I gave it some more time anyway. A few days later I got a call from a different recruiter, who apparently was also working on this position, and she informed me that the Senior Director wanted me for the position, but they found someone else who was a better "fit". The recruiter also mentioned how I was "lead on" to believe I was moving forward with the company. No kidding!? She also told me that the Senior Director was going to send my resume off to her husband, who was apparently the VP of the department, and that they wanted to consider me for yet another position.

So I waited...again...no response from anyone. I emailed the recruiters for some type of feedback, but got nothing but the silent treatment. Fast forward to today, March 2013, I happened to check their website for new positions, and came across the same job posting for the same Director position I had interviewed for 4 months ago. They had re-posted it a few weeks back after taking it down during my interview process. Hmm, ok...so what happened to the other candidate they were going to hire?

I sifted through my emails and contacted both recruiters that had worked with me on the position and both of them gave me different answers. My original recruiter, who first contacted me about the position, told me she wasn't working on that position anymore, but said they had changed some of the requirements for it and were still interviewing people. The second recruiter, the one who actually told me they had someone else in mind, told me they still had a "finalist" for the position and would let me know if anything changed. Ok so you have had a "finalist" for the past 4 months, yet haven't put them into the position yet? And if you have someone for the position, why re-post the position on your website? Something definitely doesn't add up.

All in all, this entire interview process was a joke. I felt entirely lead on to believe that I was the prime candidate for this position. At no point during the process was I made to feel that they were even considering other people for the position, quite the opposite. I'm not sure what happened, or why I'm getting different answers from recruiters, but if this is they way Cisco treats their potential candidates, then one can only imagine how the treat their actual employees. Definitely a frustrating experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all, the interview was really just a conversation about the company and the position, and the Senior Director "selling" me the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – very good long process but a good process

Interview Question – Had to give examples of where I had done things in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quite quick and easy

Director

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2008.

Interview Details – Internal interview with 6 co=workers/peers for the new position of Director Procurement Operation. Interview was conducted by phone due to geographical distances. Open and clear setting during interviews, Interview took place at my own workplace. Work culture at Cisco is result driven but very open, easy going and people are willing to support each other to get the work done.

Interview Question – Why would you transfer from Strategic Sourcing to Procurement Operations, since this is more a process driven role.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Director interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.