Cisco Systems

Cisco Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2007.

Pretty easy interview. Just chatted about my work at school.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2007.

first I got referred by my friend in Cisco, then I got a telephone inteview, and you know it is not hard for me since I have been in this field for several years. Then I got the on-site, several manager/engineer asked me questions about my former job/skill/backgound and so on. And they seemed satisfied with my skill, so eventually I got the job. That is it.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2011.

received a mail from the company asking for a time slot to schedule a phone interview for a internship position. The interview lasted for 25 mins and went well.
    Very easy technical questions on networking and many question on my prior wrk exp and many behavioral questions were asked

Interview Questions
    • if you had an offer from ur prev employer and this company which one would u choose and y   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2011.

I spoke with the interviewer for about 20-30 minutes. The interview covered my general background, availability, and coding knowledge. There were a couple syntax questions, a couple networking questions, and a couple code questions. The code questions required e-mail access. These questions would have a sample bit of code and the interviewer would ask if it is correct.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2010.

it was a campus interview and contained 3 round of techa and 1 hr round. Company asked around all question from area of interest of candidate.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

Interview process was objective and to bring out the capabilities of the indiviual

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Very crazy and disorganized process. Not sure whether problems were with recruiter or company, but appointments kept getting changed and canceled at the last minute. Had difficulty reading people during presentation. Recruiter says that was a problem with others.

Interview Questions
    • Have you created any designs for Web 2.0?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2010.

First applied online to the company. A phone interview resulted. The interview began with a few behavioral questions such as my interests in the position and my former jobs. The interviewer asked what I did at my last job and why I left. Then the interview turned to technical questions such as what software I know and worked with. At the end I asked several questions about what he does and the work environment.

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

There were 3 interviews, all were technical interviews. I was progressively interviewed by more senior members of the team. My resume was the key to their questions - a candidate must know in great detail all that he/she mentions on the resume. Fundamental protocol knowledge is very important for engineering positions.
    The interviewers were very straight-forward and were not trying to play any tricks like doubting by correct answers. They actively explained the project and their expectations.
    Later in the hiring process, they were very considerate of the request/s that I made.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the header transformations for a MPLS packet for its journey from source to destination.
      OR
      Explain how MPLS works

Answer Question
    • Explain entire IKE negotiation process.
      And specific questions about events in each step of IKE negotiation.

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I am happy with the offer.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

The interviewer asked basic questions about simple programming concepts, particularly fundamental data structures and the like. This was geared towards ability to understand what it is that a programming language can accomplish. It was NOT a test of advanced understanding of programming concepts such as algorithms or dynamic programming or any such thing. It was very straightforward. Interns in the Cisco Choice program are hired based on this and all interns that meet the minimum GPA requirements are given a very high paying offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a Class and an Interface in Java? Give examples to explain.   Answer Question