Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2007.

Interview Details – first I got referred by my friend in Cisco, then I got a telephone inteview, and you know it is not hard for me since I have been in this field for several years. Then I got the on-site, several manager/engineer asked me questions about my former job/skill/backgound and so on. And they seemed satisfied with my skill, so eventually I got the job. That is it.

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2007.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. Just chatted about my work at school.

Interview Question – Just had to explain a few projects   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was objective and to bring out the capabilities of the indiviual

Interview Question – What would do you do solve this problem   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke with the interviewer for about 20-30 minutes. The interview covered my general background, availability, and coding knowledge. There were a couple syntax questions, a couple networking questions, and a couple code questions. The code questions required e-mail access. These questions would have a sample bit of code and the interviewer would ask if it is correct.

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – received a mail from the company asking for a time slot to schedule a phone interview for a internship position. The interview lasted for 25 mins and went well.
Very easy technical questions on networking and many question on my prior wrk exp and many behavioral questions were asked

Interview Question – if you had an offer from ur prev employer and this company which one would u choose and y   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked basic questions about simple programming concepts, particularly fundamental data structures and the like. This was geared towards ability to understand what it is that a programming language can accomplish. It was NOT a test of advanced understanding of programming concepts such as algorithms or dynamic programming or any such thing. It was very straightforward. Interns in the Cisco Choice program are hired based on this and all interns that meet the minimum GPA requirements are given a very high paying offer.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a Class and an Interface in Java? Give examples to explain.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2008.

Interview Details – First half of the day is interviews with various members of the group. Consisted of a large room with many interviews all presence and you rotate to different table every fifteen minutes. After the interview is done, the rest of the day is a tour of the city and at the end of the process, we reviewed the next step and what to expect if there is an offer.

Interview Question – Why Cisco?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2010.

Interview Details – it was a campus interview and contained 3 round of techa and 1 hr round. Company asked around all question from area of interest of candidate.

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2008.

Interview Details – I applied the position on the company's website, and got an email from the company's HR. Then I was arranged 7 phones interviews in a two-day period. The interviewers are nice and friendly. The questions they asked were not that difficult. I did not get the on-site interview. I was told later my feedback was good, but the job was finally given to an internal transfer.

Interview Question – Do you have the experince of working in an ECM window.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very crazy and disorganized process. Not sure whether problems were with recruiter or company, but appointments kept getting changed and canceled at the last minute. Had difficulty reading people during presentation. Recruiter says that was a problem with others.

Interview Question – Have you created any designs for Web 2.0?   View Answer