Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty typical, resume, phone interview, in person interview, call back, offer/negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior experience in the networking business.   View Answer
  • What challenges have you overcome that have made you successful in your prior experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was typical and fair.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview lasted 30 minutes

Interview Question – What are the things you would do as a manager of a global team to work together cohesively?   View Answer

Engineering Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through the company website but also forwarded the resume directly to the HR recruiter. (I got the name of the recruiter from a contact within the company). This was a phone screen with the recruiter and had the typical questions about why you left your company, how many people you managed, etc. This is used to determine if you will be presented to the hiring manager. The recruiter was willing to share where I stood with the competition.

Interview Question – What have been doing during this time (of unemployment)?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Engineering Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.