Cisco Systems

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Business Analyst Interview

Research Triangle Park, NC

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and 2 weeks later I was contacted by a Cisco Recruiter. We talked about my skill set and she said I was an ideal fit for the position. She sent my resume over to the hiring manager for review to see if he wanted to interview me. I didn't hear anything for 6 weeks. On a Sunday night the local HR rep had me fill out an electronic application. It took 45 mins to fill out application. The next day she set up an interview. I interviewed with the Director of Finance and Business Finance Manager via telepresense. I got a call two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with some who didn't want to work with you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you developed process that directly effected the bottom line.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Research the hell out of salaries in your area and be in the ball park.

Finance Business Analyst Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the recruiter in the beginning. Pretty standard behavioral interview as the recruiter just wants to make sure that you are a sane individual and have the requisite skills and competence for the job.

First on-site interview is with the hiring manager and she screened me for skills to do the job. She also did most of the talking, I also interjected with comments and/or questions at the opportune times.

Second interview is with the hiring manager's peers and manager. Mostly behavioral questions as they want to make sure you are a good fit with the company and that you are a team player.

Got the offer letter two weeks later.

Interview Question – Name your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

FInance Business Analyst Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was formal w/ the direct manager talking about org structure and problem at hand. Then 2 representatives from the business unit (which the position wld support) were scheduled to interview. The first one was a techie and had questions around systems and tools. The second was a former business analyst who had moved on to other roles within the company.

The first interviewer asked questions not pertaining to the job position. He forgot that the position wld support him and not join him in his role. The second interview was better because the questions were more aligned w/ the role expectations.

Interview Question – Situational Question: How wld you go abt solving a data integrity issue between 2 reports showing the same metric but different values?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Finance Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.