Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – All phone interviews until final round of interviews which was onsite.

Interview Question – Not too many detailed questions. I did have a hard time finding out how the bonus plan was calculated after I received my offer.   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.

Interview Details – - Submitted Application Online
- Exchanged emails with Cisco recruiter
- Had phone interview with the recruiter, very pleasant.
- Interviews were scheduled, took longer than expected, almost 3 weeks out. First of all, the interviewers are from different locations, interviews were mostly conducted via media onsite. Conference rooms were hard to find. Secondly, the hiring manager was away.
- Took all interviews - one on one with four different people.
- All went well, except with the hiring Manager, he seemed to want to be somewhere else from the very beginning. It made me feel he made up his mind either before or right after he met me, which probably explains why he would ask me a standard HR question and not listen to my answer. I understand but still feel it sucks that I have to give my best effort in answering all his questions. I wanted to leave but had to be patient and show my professionalism.

Note: The difficulty presented by interviews in a format as one on one with different people is that you find yourself repeating things you need to say, you could easily get tired of repeating yourself and ended up short change yourself.

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions. Questions I feel require a bit serious thinkings
- what do you consider to be your lifetime achievements?
- When was the last time you failed and what have you learned from it?
  Answer Question

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2009.

Interview Details – Not very detailed-if hiring manager wants you on board, interviewers are very easy on the candidate.

Interview Question – Tell me why you are looking to leave your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate. Ask for more base salary,

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Finance Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.