Cisco Systems

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

All phone interviews until final round of interviews which was onsite.

Interview Questions
  • Not too many detailed questions. I did have a hard time finding out how the bonus plan was calculated after I received my offer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.

- Submitted Application Online
    - Exchanged emails with Cisco recruiter
    - Had phone interview with the recruiter, very pleasant.
    - Interviews were scheduled, took longer than expected, almost 3 weeks out. First of all, the interviewers are from different locations, interviews were mostly conducted via media onsite. Conference rooms were hard to find. Secondly, the hiring manager was away.
    - Took all interviews - one on one with four different people.
    - All went well, except with the hiring Manager, he seemed to want to be somewhere else from the very beginning. It made me feel he made up his mind either before or right after he met me, which probably explains why he would ask me a standard HR question and not listen to my answer. I understand but still feel it sucks that I have to give my best effort in answering all his questions. I wanted to leave but had to be patient and show my professionalism.

Note: The difficulty presented by interviews in a format as one on one with different people is that you find yourself repeating things you need to say, you could easily get tired of repeating yourself and ended up short change yourself.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult or unexpected questions. Questions I feel require a bit serious thinkings
      - what do you consider to be your lifetime achievements?
      - When was the last time you failed and what have you learned from it?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2009.

Not very detailed-if hiring manager wants you on board, interviewers are very easy on the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you are looking to leave your last job?   View Answer
    Able to negotiate. Ask for more base salary,