Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

1 Behavioral interview over webex that was very casual with someone in the finance department. No technical questions except for general stock price, etc... , The next round is 2 back to back behavioral/technical interviews over webex with hiring managers that are also very casual questions about your resume and then some easy financial technical questions

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you solved a problem in a group..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

The process was straight forward. Applied through Cisco Careers website and received a call from the recruiter.

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    - Basic skills and level of experience with each skill that was on the job description.

2. Phone interview with 2 hiring managers
    - Specific questions about relevant experience based on the job description

3. In person inverview with the same 2 hiring managers and VP
    - Behavior questions
    - Personal interests
    - Experience and background related questions
    - Education related experience

Financial Analyst Interview

Responsiveness for interview scheduling was quick and professional!
    Interviewers were very pleasant.
    The job position was explained thoroughly and no difficult questions were asked.

Financial Analyst Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter the day after the career fair. I set up a 1:1 interview and got a second interview by phone.

Basic - no technical questions

Interview Questions
    • If you had a million dollars what would you invest in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.

Approximately three interviews are held over WebEx. Two of the interviews should cover situational questions and what's on your resume. The final interview should be more technical and cover questions specific to corporate finance or accounting.

Each of the interviews was about an hour in duration with a different member of the organization, and they were back to back to back.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between cash and accrual accounting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2011.

Received an email from a Cisco recruiter to set a phone interview. I had my phone interview with the recruiter the next day. The recruiter was very friendly and the phone interview was easy and basic. Received another email a week later to set up for a one on one interview with the Hiring Manager. I had the interview a week later. The one on one interview was very difficult and intimidating. I knew I was not getting the job, because I couldn't answer most of the questions. The interviewer was not friendly and the interview was one hour long. I was ready to walk out from the moment we started the interview. After the one on one interview I was given a skills test. My advice is to thourougly revise your GAAP and IFRS knowledge before a Financial Analyst job interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

I applied to this job through my school's online recruiting website. First interview was 30 minutes and was entirely behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2008.

I was approached by a recruiter reviewing resumes online. I was invited to sit with the hiring manager after 2 rounds of phone interviews with several recruiters. I felt as though there was a good match for the position however they must have felt differently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2007.

I had 3-5 phone interviews, and about 6 back to back, live interviews (this occurred in 1 day). It was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was. Give your highest number because that is where your negotiation will start