Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Responsiveness for interview scheduling was quick and professional!
Interviewers were very pleasant.
The job position was explained thoroughly and no difficult questions were asked.

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Got contacted by the recruiter the day after the career fair. I set up a 1:1 interview and got a second interview by phone.

Interview Details – Basic - no technical questions

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars what would you invest in?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – Approximately three interviews are held over WebEx. Two of the interviews should cover situational questions and what's on your resume. The final interview should be more technical and cover questions specific to corporate finance or accounting.

Each of the interviews was about an hour in duration with a different member of the organization, and they were back to back to back.

Interview Question – What is the difference between cash and accrual accounting?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email from a Cisco recruiter to set a phone interview. I had my phone interview with the recruiter the next day. The recruiter was very friendly and the phone interview was easy and basic. Received another email a week later to set up for a one on one interview with the Hiring Manager. I had the interview a week later. The one on one interview was very difficult and intimidating. I knew I was not getting the job, because I couldn't answer most of the questions. The interviewer was not friendly and the interview was one hour long. I was ready to walk out from the moment we started the interview. After the one on one interview I was given a skills test. My advice is to thourougly revise your GAAP and IFRS knowledge before a Financial Analyst job interview.

Interview Questions

Durham, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to this job through my school's online recruiting website. First interview was 30 minutes and was entirely behavioral.

Interview Question – Why Cisco?   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter reviewing resumes online. I was invited to sit with the hiring manager after 2 rounds of phone interviews with several recruiters. I felt as though there was a good match for the position however they must have felt differently.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Cisco?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2007.

Interview Details – I had 3-5 phone interviews, and about 6 back to back, live interviews (this occurred in 1 day). It was behavioral.

Interview Question – If you were a Cereal what kind of Cereal would you be?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was. Give your highest number because that is where your negotiation will start

Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – Question are the usual standard questions that will be asked during the interview.

Interview Question – How your current skill set able to contribute to the new role.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2009.

Interview Details – interview and phone calls

Interview Question – general questions   View Answer

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!