Cisco Systems Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was with the head of the finance rotation program and it was focused on behavioral traits (leadership, work ethic, etc.). The next two were a week later and back-to-back. The first of these interviews was much harder with more behavioral questions as well as questions about my background in Microsoft Excel and in-depth questions about recent spreadsheet projects. The second of these interviews was much more relaxed with basic behavioral and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• How would explain what an accrued liability is to someone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

1 Behavioral interview over webex that was very casual with someone in the finance department. No technical questions except for general stock price, etc... , The next round is 2 back to back behavioral/technical interviews over webex with hiring managers that are also very casual questions about your resume and then some easy financial technical questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a problem in a group..   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

Interview

The process was straight forward. Applied through Cisco Careers website and received a call from the recruiter.

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    - Basic skills and level of experience with each skill that was on the job description.

2. Phone interview with 2 hiring managers
    - Specific questions about relevant experience based on the job description

3. In person inverview with the same 2 hiring managers and VP
    - Behavior questions
    - Personal interests
    - Experience and background related questions
    - Education related experience

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Responsiveness for interview scheduling was quick and professional!
    Interviewers were very pleasant.
    The job position was explained thoroughly and no difficult questions were asked.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter the day after the career fair. I set up a 1:1 interview and got a second interview by phone.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic - no technical questions

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars what would you invest in?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Approximately three interviews are held over WebEx. Two of the interviews should cover situational questions and what's on your resume. The final interview should be more technical and cover questions specific to corporate finance or accounting.

Each of the interviews was about an hour in duration with a different member of the organization, and they were back to back to back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between cash and accrual accounting?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

Received an email from a Cisco recruiter to set a phone interview. I had my phone interview with the recruiter the next day. The recruiter was very friendly and the phone interview was easy and basic. Received another email a week later to set up for a one on one interview with the Hiring Manager. I had the interview a week later. The one on one interview was very difficult and intimidating. I knew I was not getting the job, because I couldn't answer most of the questions. The interviewer was not friendly and the interview was one hour long. I was ready to walk out from the moment we started the interview. After the one on one interview I was given a skills test. My advice is to thourougly revise your GAAP and IFRS knowledge before a Financial Analyst job interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2011.

Interview

I met with a Cisco recruiter at a college career fair. I was contacted shortly after (within a week or 2) for an on-campus interview. The interview was about 30-45 minutes long and focused on my past experiences. The interviewer left a lot of time at the end for me to ask questions. I was given the position a few weeks after the interview. Overall, the process was pretty quick and easy. The interviewer was super friendly and had worked at Cisco for quite some time.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, no technical questions were even asked. The interview was focused mainly on my past experiences and why I was interested in an internship at Cisco.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much room to negotiate. It was just a standard internship package.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Durham, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied to this job through my school's online recruiting website. First interview was 30 minutes and was entirely behavioral.