Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hardware Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2011.

Interview Details – the interview is very short and precise with many detail technical question and personal career goal. there will be roughly 5 to 6 interviewers, each interviewer will have around 1 hour to 45 minutes with you.

Interview Question – the interview questions are all well expected and they is no such surprise.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions and no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – Three separate interviews with engineers, manager, and directors. Each session spend about 30 minutes. Engineers will ask some technical questions. Manager and Directors will ask some experience and personality questions.

Interview Question – Name 10 design criteria that you used in the hardware developments   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – I have an internal reference. Nice manager with knowledgeable team members.

Interview Question – nothing particular. know your resume.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Hired out of college. Process took about a month. Joined a team that had just been bought in as a startup.

Interview Question – Most questions were sufficiently challenging. I always asked for clarification when stuck and that seemed to help.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – 1) Initial phone interview with hiring manager
2) Onsite Interview with 4 rounds all very technical
3) Each interview was 45 minutes long with engineers and managers.
4) Was updated through the recruiter every so often (~2 weeks) about the status of the position and was told I was still being considered. After about a month, all contact stopped. They did not respond to any emails. Finally after 6 months from our initial contact, recruiter emails me to ask if I was still interested and if I was they would like to set up another interview with another person. A week later I was given the offer.

Interview Question – Several questions regarding questions about x86 architecture, digital design, and circuits. Some behavorial questions and how you would deal with certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Hired though campus recruitment. Had basic talk on my resume on campus, followed by just one round of onsite interview.

Interview Question – Basic design/verification Qs - Verification plan of a fifo, Sequence detector, Divide by 2 counter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The human resources were fairly ready to negotiate the offer. I mainly intended to negotiate on the location, which they did. Like most companies, you'd have a better chance at negotiating if you have other parallel offers or have had an internship at the same company.

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – It was my first interview ever in my life. I did my best to prepare for it (learn about the company and review some technical things). The interviewer was a nice guy and asked me some general questions about me and a technical question about a filter... however I have not seen a filter before so I was not able to answer that.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was the filter question which I was not able to answer. also when the interviewer asked me "what are your weaknesses?" I could have answered better by stating what my weaknesses are but showing the positive side of that weakness...   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – One phone screen interview, asked about basic electrical engineering questions.

Interview Question – How will you diagnose a circuit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got the offer in a week after the interview.

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview after talking to one of the engineer representatives at the job fair. Most of the questions were technical and involved asking me to explain portions of my resume, draw out certain circuits from memory, etc. Overall, make sure you know your resume very well.
They are very prompt with a follow up email and contacted me less than a week later saying they were interested.

Interview Question – Having to draw certain power circuits from memory.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, fixed offer.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!