Cisco Systems Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.2

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Phone call. Talked about what they do and what I like to do to get a feel for the work. Discussed mainly coursework and projects, Very enjoyable conversation with a smart, down to earth manager. Very personable. The call lasted about 45 mins. The manager told me about his background and the company background as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you studied in your classes. What did you do for this project?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer did not spend much time on pleasantries and began the interview almost instantly. The tone of the interview was formal but not in an unfriendly manner. The questions involved microprocessor design, OS concepts and implementation of data structures. Several of the questions involving data structures were open-ended. The interviewer was also interested in evaluating my knowledge of memory management in C-programming.

Interview Questions

• How would I implement the lists data structure of Python ?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

Interview

This is a campus interview. I have been selected into the next round at the end. The most part is about your resume. He asked many parts about it and then moved to some technical part. Because it is a HW position, the man really care about the experience of HW. Also considering the Cisco company's feature, I think the guy who interested in these kind of job needs to know something related to the SW. The interviewer talked me the work over there needs imagination and knowledge both on HW and SW.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Found and signed up for the interview through a school website. Also had contact with them through a school career fair. Got offered the interview through the school website and signed up for an interview time. Interviewer asked me about things on my resume regarding my experience with certain equipment. Also asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about circuits that were a little tricky but also walked through getting the answer with me.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

Interview

Very receptive team came to a standard campus recruiting event. They did an excellent job quickly and effectively screening candidates while still connecting and doing more than collecting resumes. That's about where the process went down hill. It seemed like the interviewer had little interest in being there and did not have an understanding of my background despite having my resume/CV. He asked the standard questions and presented the technical questions, but that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Primarily technical interview, nothing too far out of left field, but definitely geared towards upperclassmen students. Review some basics circuits.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted through my school's career fair, and set up a phone interview which was just a half hour or hour (can't remember) long coding question over collabedit (or something similar). At the time, I hadn't yet finished my senior year of college and had not yet taken a data structures and algorithms course.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring process is very efficient and people who were interviewing are very professional and friendly. They typically ask the questions about your past experiences. They also touched on the technical questions throughout the interview while I described the work I did. There is no unexpected questions.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I have an internal reference. Nice manager with knowledgeable team members.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Hired out of college. Process took about a month. Joined a team that had just been bought in as a startup.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were sufficiently challenging. I always asked for clarification when stuck and that seemed to help.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

1) Initial phone interview with hiring manager 2) Onsite Interview with 4 rounds all very technical 3) Each interview was 45 minutes long with engineers and managers. 4) Was updated through the recruiter every so often (~2 weeks) about the status of the position and was told I was still being considered. After about a month, all contact stopped. They did not respond to any emails. Finally after 6 months from our initial contact, recruiter emails me to ask if I was still interested and if I was they would like to set up another interview with another person. A week later I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding questions about x86 architecture, digital design, and circuits. Some behavorial questions and how you would deal with certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it.