Cisco Systems Human Resources Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2008.

the process itself was fine, the candidate experience was OK. What was confusing is that I was considered for at least 4 different jobs - twice the jobs were eliminated mid-process. the other two times I interviewed for one thing and was passed to another manager for another thing. it was just a bit confusing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2010.

Started with a recruiter screen after a direct contact. Started with a couple of phone interviews, mostly about background and potential interest. They looked to find out why I might leave and if my CV was legit. Took some time to arrange in-person interviews with several people. Seemed more like who was available that day than real decision makers or people I'd work with. Took a couple more weeks to do video interviews with hiring manager and peers. Style felt a bit like "prove to us you are not incompetent!" Site visit followed to impress. Was never really sure where I stood but got an offer anyway...but I lost interest after the video interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to terminate yourself, what would be the reason?   View Answer

Company culture not a fit, long-term prospects not as promising as current employer.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!