Cisco Systems

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.

Interview Details – Contact through Linked in

Interview Question – Inquiry around experience in Lat AM   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter who explained the role. I was then invited to meet with the hiring manager. After a one hour interview I was invited back to meet with 2 HR partners. Following those face-to-face interviews I met with 2 of the 3 leaders the position would support. I talked to the third leader on the phone.
The recruiter kept me updated about the status of the recruiting process the entire team.

Interview Question – Cisco is not an easy place to navigate. How would you assimilate yourself into the organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation needed. They made me an offer that exceeded my expectations.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Bad experience, the recruiter only wanted to close the requisition rather than being helpful in any way.

Interview Question – Questions were not up to the mark.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It happened with the hiring manager who was much better than the recruiter.

Human Resources Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process happened over a few days. I had a phone conversation with three different people and from what I understand, they discussed the candidates together and they selected the best person for the job.

Interview Question – If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was impressed with the people I spoke and met with at Cisco, but was disappointed by their lack of follow up. After investing 7 hours of my time interviewing with them, I never received the courtesy of a reply informing me I was not a fit, despite follow up emails thanking them for their time and inquiring on my status. I ultimately accepted a job elsewhere and am very happy in my new role, but found their failure to communicate to be very unprofeasional.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you've worked in a highly political environment.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Human Resources Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.