Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems
- Software Engineer (199)
- Software Engineer II (51)
- Intern (48)
- Customer Support Engineer (37)
- Systems Engineer (35)
- Associate Systems Engineer (34)
- Program Manager (34)
- Senior Software Engineer (32)
- Software Engineer IV (28)
- Hardware Engineer (25)
- Project Manager (25)
- IT Analyst (24)
- Software Engineer I (23)
- Business Analyst (22)
- Software Engineer III (18)
- IT Engineer (18)
- Software Engineer Intern (18)
- Network Consulting Engineer (16)
- Network Engineer (15)
- Financial Analyst (15)
- Product Manager (13)
- Engineering (12)
- Account Manager (12)
- Engineer (11)
- Software QA Engineer (10)
- Software Developer (10)
- Business Development Manager (10)
- Test Engineer (9)
- Marketing Manager (8)
- Associate Sales Representative (6)
Human Resources Manager Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Cisco Systems (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2011.
Bad experience, the recruiter only wanted to close the requisition rather than being helpful in any way.
- Questions were not up to the mark. Answer Question
It happened with the hiring manager who was much better than the recruiter.
Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems
Human Resources Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.
Contact through Linked in
- Inquiry around experience in Lat AM Answer Question
Human Resources Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2010.
The interview process happened over a few days. I had a phone conversation with three different people and from what I understand, they discussed the candidates together and they selected the best person for the job.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you? Answer Question
Human Resources Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2012.
I was impressed with the people I spoke and met with at Cisco, but was disappointed by their lack of follow up. After investing 7 hours of my time interviewing with them, I never received the courtesy of a reply informing me I was not a fit, despite follow up emails thanking them for their time and inquiring on my status. I ultimately accepted a job elsewhere and am very happy in my new role, but found their failure to communicate to be very unprofeasional.
- Tell me about a time you've worked in a highly political environment. Answer Question
Human Resources Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.
Initially contacted by a recruiter who explained the role. I was then invited to meet with the hiring manager. After a one hour interview I was invited back to meet with 2 HR partners. Following those face-to-face interviews I met with 2 of the 3 leaders the position would support. I talked to the third leader on the phone. The recruiter kept me updated about the status of the recruiting process the entire team.
- Cisco is not an easy place to navigate. How would you assimilate yourself into the organization? Answer Question
There wasn't much negotiation needed. They made me an offer that exceeded my expectations.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review