Cisco Systems

Cisco Systems IT Analyst Intern Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

I handed over my resume at the Fall Career Fair and talked to an alum/former intern who went full time about the internship program. One week later, I got a call from a recruiter saying that I had been selected for an on-campus interview the following week. I interviewed with a woman who had been with the company for 17 years.

Basic questions that I was asked:
Tell me about your resume.
Why do you want to work for Cisco?
What was the most valuable thing you gained from studying abroad?

I thought the interview went alright, the interviewer was easy to talk to. However, a week later I got an e-mail rejection. I think my lack of technical experience is why I didn't get an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Applied via my University's career fair. They got back to me in about a week and scheduled an interview a week after that. Interview was a casul conversation. They ask you what you want to get out of working at Cisco, the challenges you've overcome in past job experiences, and where you see youself in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Articulating my past job experiences because I didn't have any difficult jobs in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2013.

One phone/web conference interview. No technical questions

Interview Questions
    • What is your familiarity with Cisco's earnings report?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2011.

Behavioral interview was fun, like a conversation. Strengths & weaknesses, "tell me about a time when..." Their interview process is good -- they have people in the roles you're interviewing for interview you because they volunteer to. Often they are recent grads of the school you go to. They recruit IT interns pretty heavily at my school, so it was a fun experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced conflict in a team. ----- Try not to badmouth anyone! Just be honest and use the STAR technique so your stories are going somewhere.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2011.

I applied on the university website and was invited to have an interview. The night before my interview I attended a Cisco networking event to casually get to know the recruiters. The recruiters were extremely friendly and talking to them ahead of time allowed me to feel more comfortable during my interview.

My interview was with a IT manager and a current IT intern. There were no technical questions and it felt like we all were just having a conversation. It probably was my most laid back and fun interviews because I didn't feel intimated.

A week after my interview I received an email stating that the recruiters were impressed with my qualifications and that they would get back to me as soon as possible. While some of my friends received rejections letters a week after the interview.

3 weeks after my interview I received an email asking for my information to conduct a background check.

A month after my interview I officially received an internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something interesting from your resume.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company? Have you looked at our website?   Answer Question
    N/A