Cisco Systems

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orange, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2013.

Interview Details – One phone/web conference interview. No technical questions

Interview Question – What is your familiarity with Cisco's earnings report?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – I handed over my resume at the Fall Career Fair and talked to an alum/former intern who went full time about the internship program. One week later, I got a call from a recruiter saying that I had been selected for an on-campus interview the following week. I interviewed with a woman who had been with the company for 17 years.

Basic questions that I was asked:
Tell me about your resume.
Why do you want to work for Cisco?
What was the most valuable thing you gained from studying abroad?

I thought the interview went alright, the interviewer was easy to talk to. However, a week later I got an e-mail rejection. I think my lack of technical experience is why I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – What is your technical background?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on the university website and was invited to have an interview. The night before my interview I attended a Cisco networking event to casually get to know the recruiters. The recruiters were extremely friendly and talking to them ahead of time allowed me to feel more comfortable during my interview.

My interview was with a IT manager and a current IT intern. There were no technical questions and it felt like we all were just having a conversation. It probably was my most laid back and fun interviews because I didn't feel intimated.

A week after my interview I received an email stating that the recruiters were impressed with my qualifications and that they would get back to me as soon as possible. While some of my friends received rejections letters a week after the interview.

3 weeks after my interview I received an email asking for my information to conduct a background check.

A month after my interview I officially received an internship offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems IT Analyst Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.