Cisco Systems IT Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. The interview was typical, they just want to get to know you and your experience. The hiring process was a breeze, they do a background check and send you a drug test kit via FedEx, once those clear you get your hire date.

Interview Questions
  • What is your salary requirement? :) Always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Very low key interview, the recruiter is extremely nice and helpful. She even ask me question like what do you like to do outside of work. Later she explains she likes to hire people who can balance work life and personal life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2011.

To get hired at Cisco you have to go through a process starting with the info session then career fair. From there you will be assigned a interview time if you are a good candidate. There are two interviews one in person another over WebEx. Both will be similar Cisco wants to make sure you fit its culture and you have a good knowledge base so show some personality and brains.

Interview Questions
    • For analyst its more so how you work with others so expect a lot of behavioral questions regarding personality in groups.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate start date easily for the most part. Now as far as Salary, and location they both can be negotiated but could hurt you if you are being to greedy. East coast students asking to be placed in San Jose could cause more problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I came in as a contractor when they were still pretty small. To be honest, I didn't even know who they were until I was working for them and found out how good they were.

Interview Questions
    • This doesn't really apply. My process was pretty easy although now it is a lot tougher with a lot of levels and input from various hiring managers.   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiation

IT Analyst Interview

Was for an on campus interview. The interviewer was a 20 something guy who showed up 45 mins late, and was completely unorganized. At the end, I asked him what kind of career path I could expect, and he answered me by saying "don't expect any raises or promotions for a while."

I am assuming I got a bad egg as far as the interviewer went...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2008.

Positive initial communications with recruiter, separate in person interview with the hiring manager, project manager and two program managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2008.

The interview process is good.
    One needs to be very sure about the job requirement and do some research before attempting the interview.
    As a contractor it always through one of their prime vendors.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview is when asked to provide evidence.
      Multiple round of interviews and at the response time is slow. One needs to followup.
        Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the project location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2008.

The interview process is difficult to describe. I was part of an acquisition, and was absorbed into the larger company. My skills and abilities were taken into consideration and I made a lateral job move, with a slightly different job title.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions had to do with the specifics of networking   Answer Question
    No negotiations. The compensation offers were made in official documents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2011.

My interview took place over the phone and was a fairly straightforward process. The questions were primarily behavioral and about why I was interested in the company. The majority of the interview was small talk about myself and some from the person interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you disagreed with the opinion of a person in authority and how you handled it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2009.

Initial interview with the hiring manager. Focused on more detailed explanation of the position, since the posting was quite vague and broad based. Once the position was explained we discussed my background, strengths, and examples of relevant accomplishments. Ideally, the manager is looking for a more technical person, so my background, MBA/marketers the past 6 years and previously a mechanical engineer, didn't ideally fit the need for a software engineer with at least some business background.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an average product manager and an excellent one?   View Answer
    • Why is Apple better at design than anyone else?   View Answer

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!