Cisco Systems IT Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.4

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Initially applied online with help from a former colleague. After a brief phone screening, I was advanced to a 1:1 interview. The interview was conducted on WebEx, which was a video program similar to Skype. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very informative. It was mostly designed to get a feel for personality and understand why Cisco and why this specific position.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

IT Analyst Interview

it was a on campus interview, they have two interviewers. and the questions are mostly behavioral questions. the whole process took about 25 min. its my first interview ever so it didn't go well for me cuz i'm nervious.

Interview Questions
    • not really any unexpected questions. one question is that whats the difference between struct and class.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2015.

I had an on campus interview with the recruiter, very brief, roughly 30 minutes. The interviewer was five minutes behind schedule so my interview started late which threw me off a bit and it seemed slightly unprofessional as well. Overall it was a good experience, very casual atmosphere and laid back.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2015.

I interviewed online through my career center with my resume first. Next, they contacted me for an in-person interview. I met with one woman who asked me completely behavioral questions and took notes on her laptop - probably filling out a form she uses for everyone as the position was part of their university connection program. She was very nice, but we didn't talk about anything on my resume once.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I spoke with Cisco recruiter at my university's career fair and really hit it off with her. We spoke in-depth about my resume for a good 20 minutes and about 3 weeks later, I got an e-mail about a screening interview. The screening interview was quick and painless, asking basic questions about work eligibility and a few behavioral questions. After that came a behavioral interview with one of the IT managers at Cisco, and it was a very laid back conversational interview. Received an offer about 4 days after the second interview, and the entire process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about figuring out the number of cars in the US?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview was filled with behavioral questions. It was a very laid back, quick interview (30 min). Many scenario questions were asked, so prepare for that as well as questions like "why are you studying your major" or "what would you say is most difficult about working with groups?"

Questions are asked off resume as well. I was asked what BFS is and how to implement it but that question came up after discussing one of my projects.

Interview Questions
    • If a teammate was not delivering their work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied via an employee referral. Contacted me towards the end up September to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a manager who asked a few behavioral questions and specific resume questions. Overall the interviewer was kind and easy going. It ended on a positive note, and I heard back about a month later with an offer email.

Interview Questions
    • None really. We talked about my past positions and what I did there. The typical leadership questions came up.   Answer Question

Had a different offer that wouldn't require an eventual move.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. The interview was typical, they just want to get to know you and your experience. The hiring process was a breeze, they do a background check and send you a drug test kit via FedEx, once those clear you get your hire date.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary requirement? :) Always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Very low key interview, the recruiter is extremely nice and helpful. She even ask me question like what do you like to do outside of work. Later she explains she likes to hire people who can balance work life and personal life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I came in as a contractor when they were still pretty small. To be honest, I didn't even know who they were until I was working for them and found out how good they were.

Interview Questions
    • This doesn't really apply. My process was pretty easy although now it is a lot tougher with a lot of levels and input from various hiring managers.   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiation