Cisco Systems

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

IT Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. The interview was typical, they just want to get to know you and your experience. The hiring process was a breeze, they do a background check and send you a drug test kit via FedEx, once those clear you get your hire date.

Interview Question – What is your salary requirement? :) Always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very low key interview, the recruiter is extremely nice and helpful. She even ask me question like what do you like to do outside of work. Later she explains she likes to hire people who can balance work life and personal life

Interview Question – What do you like to do at your pleasure time?   Answer Question

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2011.

Interview Details – To get hired at Cisco you have to go through a process starting with the info session then career fair. From there you will be assigned a interview time if you are a good candidate. There are two interviews one in person another over WebEx. Both will be similar Cisco wants to make sure you fit its culture and you have a good knowledge base so show some personality and brains.

Interview Question – For analyst its more so how you work with others so expect a lot of behavioral questions regarding personality in groups.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate start date easily for the most part. Now as far as Salary, and location they both can be negotiated but could hurt you if you are being to greedy. East coast students asking to be placed in San Jose could cause more problems.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – I came in as a contractor when they were still pretty small. To be honest, I didn't even know who they were until I was working for them and found out how good they were.

Interview Question – This doesn't really apply. My process was pretty easy although now it is a lot tougher with a lot of levels and input from various hiring managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiation

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Was for an on campus interview. The interviewer was a 20 something guy who showed up 45 mins late, and was completely unorganized. At the end, I asked him what kind of career path I could expect, and he answered me by saying "don't expect any raises or promotions for a while."

I am assuming I got a bad egg as far as the interviewer went...

Interview Question – Didn't have many questions for me   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2008.

Interview Details – Positive initial communications with recruiter, separate in person interview with the hiring manager, project manager and two program managers.

Interview Question – How to deal with stress?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is good.
One needs to be very sure about the job requirement and do some research before attempting the interview.
As a contractor it always through one of their prime vendors.

Interview Question – Most difficult part of the interview is when asked to provide evidence.
Multiple round of interviews and at the response time is slow. One needs to followup.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the project location.

Manchester, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is difficult to describe. I was part of an acquisition, and was absorbed into the larger company. My skills and abilities were taken into consideration and I made a lateral job move, with a slightly different job title.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions had to do with the specifics of networking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The compensation offers were made in official documents.

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2011.

Interview Details – My interview took place over the phone and was a fairly straightforward process. The questions were primarily behavioral and about why I was interested in the company. The majority of the interview was small talk about myself and some from the person interviewing me.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you disagreed with the opinion of a person in authority and how you handled it.   View Answer

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initial interview with the hiring manager. Focused on more detailed explanation of the position, since the posting was quite vague and broad based. Once the position was explained we discussed my background, strengths, and examples of relevant accomplishments. Ideally, the manager is looking for a more technical person, so my background, MBA/marketers the past 6 years and previously a mechanical engineer, didn't ideally fit the need for a software engineer with at least some business background.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an average product manager and an excellent one?   View Answer
  • Why is Apple better at design than anyone else?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems IT Analyst interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.