Cisco Systems

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I spoke with Cisco recruiter at my university's career fair and really hit it off with her. We spoke in-depth about my resume for a good 20 minutes and about 3 weeks later, I got an e-mail about a screening interview. The screening interview was quick and painless, asking basic questions about work eligibility and a few behavioral questions. After that came a behavioral interview with one of the IT managers at Cisco, and it was a very laid back conversational interview. Received an offer about 4 days after the second interview, and the entire process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about figuring out the number of cars in the US?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview was filled with behavioral questions. It was a very laid back, quick interview (30 min). Many scenario questions were asked, so prepare for that as well as questions like "why are you studying your major" or "what would you say is most difficult about working with groups?"

Questions are asked off resume as well. I was asked what BFS is and how to implement it but that question came up after discussing one of my projects.

Interview Questions
    • If a teammate was not delivering their work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied via an employee referral. Contacted me towards the end up September to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a manager who asked a few behavioral questions and specific resume questions. Overall the interviewer was kind and easy going. It ended on a positive note, and I heard back about a month later with an offer email.

Interview Questions
    • None really. We talked about my past positions and what I did there. The typical leadership questions came up.   Answer Question

Had a different offer that wouldn't require an eventual move.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. The interview was typical, they just want to get to know you and your experience. The hiring process was a breeze, they do a background check and send you a drug test kit via FedEx, once those clear you get your hire date.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary requirement? :) Always the hardest question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Very low key interview, the recruiter is extremely nice and helpful. She even ask me question like what do you like to do outside of work. Later she explains she likes to hire people who can balance work life and personal life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I came in as a contractor when they were still pretty small. To be honest, I didn't even know who they were until I was working for them and found out how good they were.

Interview Questions
    • This doesn't really apply. My process was pretty easy although now it is a lot tougher with a lot of levels and input from various hiring managers.   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiation

IT Analyst Interview

Was for an on campus interview. The interviewer was a 20 something guy who showed up 45 mins late, and was completely unorganized. At the end, I asked him what kind of career path I could expect, and he answered me by saying "don't expect any raises or promotions for a while."

I am assuming I got a bad egg as far as the interviewer went...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2011.

My interview took place over the phone and was a fairly straightforward process. The questions were primarily behavioral and about why I was interested in the company. The majority of the interview was small talk about myself and some from the person interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you disagreed with the opinion of a person in authority and how you handled it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2011.

To get hired at Cisco you have to go through a process starting with the info session then career fair. From there you will be assigned a interview time if you are a good candidate. There are two interviews one in person another over WebEx. Both will be similar Cisco wants to make sure you fit its culture and you have a good knowledge base so show some personality and brains.

Interview Questions
    • For analyst its more so how you work with others so expect a lot of behavioral questions regarding personality in groups.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate start date easily for the most part. Now as far as Salary, and location they both can be negotiated but could hurt you if you are being to greedy. East coast students asking to be placed in San Jose could cause more problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2009.

Initial interview with the hiring manager. Focused on more detailed explanation of the position, since the posting was quite vague and broad based. Once the position was explained we discussed my background, strengths, and examples of relevant accomplishments. Ideally, the manager is looking for a more technical person, so my background, MBA/marketers the past 6 years and previously a mechanical engineer, didn't ideally fit the need for a software engineer with at least some business background.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an average product manager and an excellent one?   View Answer
    • Why is Apple better at design than anyone else?   View Answer