Cisco Systems IT Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

On Campus Career Fair, then to On Campus Interview, then to Web-ex Interview. All very positive experiences, working with pleasant interviewers. The university helped a lot in the process of setting up interviews and bringing the recruiters to campus

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a on campus school interview, where I applied through the university. The person I interviewed with was really friendly, but I was quite nervous so I wasn't confident in the things I said. Just make sure you have the outlook of "I'm going to learn even if I don't know"

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and walk through how you solved it?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was given a first round interview at the Grace Hopper Conference. I was interviewed by two IT managers there, personality/behavioral questions only. Then I had a phone interview, which they called "the placement interview." I talked to an IT manager for about a half hour about my experiences and previous work. He asked me how I implemented some things in one of my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement the graph you used in your previous job?   Answer Question

The original offer they gave me was for North Carolina. I told them I wanted to be in the Bay Area, and they accommodated that request along with a few others I made. However, the pay was much lower than I was looking for in the Bay Area.

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I first met them at the career fair at my college. They scheduled an on-site interview the following day, and so I went prepared for super hard technical questions. Hardest question was "What do you think about cloud computing?" Then got emailed for another interview. That one was after a month. It was 30 minutes long, and after I was done talking about my projects and such (he seemed interested so I kept talking. This was a phone interview, btw.) 25 minutes had passed so he asked if I had any questions and that was that. This process was repeated 3 more times until I finally received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question: "Who are Cisco's competitors?" Like whut.   1 Answer

Got a better offer from another company that actually had promise in terms of their understanding that I want to work on actual software.

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Meet their representative at school's career fair. They asked me to apply online. I applied online. A week later, I received an email for an on-campus interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. I was talking to the human resource people, so there is no technical question. Mostly just going through my resume, and behavioral question.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at a career fair at my university, and he got me an interview the following week. The first interview lasted thirty minutes, and we mostly just talked about my resume and experiences, and touched on how I would try to tackle some specific problems. The next interview was about two weeks later and was done through WebEx with a couple of managers. They asked about past projects, how I went about solving issues, difficult problems, working with the team, etc. Then a couple of weeks later I got an offer. Overall, pretty easy interviews.

Interview Questions

• Not all that difficult, but what is the difference between classification and regression algorithms?   Answer Question

Offer was non-negotiable with a very standard starting salary. I got an offer that I negotiated with another company that I liked better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

My initial interview was through an on campus meeting. I was greeted by a very friendly representative who initially asked me if I knew any technical questions. Afterwards, he asked me about my role in leadership. My second interview was through cisco's webEx software, an online conferencing app. The second interviewer asked me more of the same questions. I dressed up for both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was one instance where you saw someone else demonstrate leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Conversion from Consultant to Full-time. Knew the entire team and everyone said hire.

Interview Questions

• Offer = Are you okey with the offer!   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

After talking to the recruiter at my universities career fair I was set up for an interview a week and a half later. The interview was a half hour session done over WebEx (videoconferencing software). All of the questions focused on my personality, former job experience, and team project experience. All of the questions were very standard for a behavioral interview. The setting was fairly laid back, but I dressed up for video conferencing for good measure. After a couple of months of waiting I got an e-mail for a third-party background check. Once that was complete I was given an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with technology outside of class?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you when you had a difficult time working with a group member and how you overcame this challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I gave them my resume. Then, I was contacted for an interview. It was very chill and non-technical, which was surprising as I was expecting it to be. Instead, the interviewer just had me go over my resume and just really talk about my experiences.