Cisco Systems India

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

There was a written test conducted Chennai Wide. I came to know of it through my friends. It was a easy round with some aptitudes and C/C++ objective questions. I was through in it. Then they called for a face-2-face interview in Cisco Chennai Campus.
    The interviewer asked some puzzles[2] and then some questions on my resume about the current role in my company. They also asked 2 programming questions related to easy string manipulations. Overall it was good.

Interview Questions
    • 2 questions.
      1. Tell me about yourself. Interviewer asked me this and as soon as i started, light went off. I also stopped speaking. Then the interviewer says kindly continue. i can listen to you. And i continued until the lights came.[30 secs]
      2. I was explaining something and then he went on asking how do you do that and tried to enter deep into that. I understood that he has deep knowledge on that topic. Thus, i poiltely told that particular module is outsourced to another company. Thats when he said that "This is where i have spent 15 years of my career." And the interviewer went on explaining. I was listening to him politely and asking him further questions on "oh. i get it now. Nodding as he was explaining for half an hour".

he was very happy with my overall interview process.

Answer Question
    No Negotitation. I accepted the offer as it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2014.

The process took nearly 4 weeks. Initially, there was a telephonic technical round which i cleared and the following week i had attended the interview here in chennai office via TelePresence. 3 technical rounds in depth of data structures, generics and collections in java, Web services and Cloud computing. Most of the questions were difficult to answer, few questions needed intelligence and logical thinking.

Interview Questions
    Got more than what i expected. Hence, accepted the offer without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Saw an opening in a job portal and applied and then got the call next day from one of the consultancy. And they fixed an appointment on the next working day. Had to wait for 10 minutes in the office lobby before HR took me for the individual written test on C. After clearing that attended two back to back technical rounds by two managers and later again another round by a group of managers and then a HR round. I got the offer letter on the same day and joined after two months. This happened 6 years back and ever since I didn't leave the company.

Interview Questions
    • Some brain teaser was an unexpected one though I answered it correctly i.e 1 out of 8 similar looking weights is odd one and need to find that in two weighings.   Answer Question
    Should have negotiated more. Didn't have experience in negotiation then. Didn't get what I've asked for.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Cisco came on campus for the interview process during my 3rd year of my undergrad as an electronics engineer. They had an initial written test which tested your knowledge of English, computer logic and basics of C. There were 2 interviews. The first interview was mainly technical with simple queries regarding networking technology - OSI layers, protocols basics and some basic questions in C. The interview was totally relaxed and I made sure I was open and honest and did not try to answer queries I did not know about. There was another round of interview which was basically an HR interview . They asked me how I would deal with a difficult co worker or manager and they also asked me about other accomplishments apart from my academics.

I received the offer an hour after my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions that I answered. If there was an unexpected question, it would probably be about Cisco's Internet Operating System about which I had no clue at that time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2012.

The interview panel was very friendly . They made me comfortable and less tensed . The best thing about this company is that, if u have talent even though in some other field , not just software side ,they will hire you for sure. I have attended many interviews , but as far as i know this company interviewing method is the best

Interview Questions
    • Explain the working of ping command ?? I am an ECE student , so this seemed a but difficult .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2012.

This was through the campus placements in my university. There was a written test first, from which around 40 people were selected for the next round.. then i had 2 technical interviews and one hr interview.. the details are as follows
    1) Written Test : had 20 aptitude and 30 technical questions.. aptitude had a lot of questions from permutations, combinations and probability.. technical had a mixture of os, microprocessor, digital electronics, c, comp arch etc..
    2) First Tech Interview : was asked to speak about my projects.. then few basic questions from networks.. like different protocols and their functions, layers etc.. was asked to code for a logical puzzle..
    3) Second Tech Interview : this was with a different panel.. again spoke about my projects.. then questions based on computer architecture (pipelining, interrupts etc), microprocessor (8085, 8051 based qns)
    4) HR interview : typical stuff.. tell me about urself.. talk about some non technical activity you have done in college.. strengths, weakness , family etc..

Interview Questions
    • Explain the architecture being used in today's latest processors...   Answer Question
    • What happens when you ping a device? explain at the layering level..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in July 2011.

i was asked to come at 10 and interview took place for 3 days , first day was a general HR type of test and second day was the skill test and 3 was a day they were satisfied to map me to a project where i was asked my [reference to be in a software side and i declined and was later given business unit support team activities and was very happy with that .

Interview Questions
    • Why did you use MANETs in your security detection systems?   View Answer
    • Where to you see yourself in 5 yrs ?   View Answer
    only one if you are relly interested in internet and telecommunication , you're the one who should apply

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2010.

I got call from cisco HR for Chennai opening. The interview took one full day. It includes written test and 1:1 discussion.
    - Started with SNMP and basics of networking. Interviewer asked me many questions from SNMP
    - After this there was another round where they asked me to code. Question was "Print nxn array in diagonal"
    - Java Written test and followed by Java intreview

Interview Questions
    Offer was not up to the market. I accepted the offer as I have to move to Chennai