Cisco Systems India Interview Questions in India

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

6 round of Interview 2 telephonic and 4 face to face and one director round on phone all basic and does not go much deep on technical trying to check broader scope on the same.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephonic Screening interview .Mostly about algorithms and java basics.Called for a f2f interview after a week. it went well .interviewers were a bit busy on their laptops replying to IMs during the interview. Mostly, run-of-the mill interview questions about Java and DS,algorithms. Was told Manager will get in touch with me soon. Waited for 3 days to follow up and HR Manager did not bother to give a response to follow up. Pretty arrogant and unprofessional from a company of such repute. Why ask people to waste their time for f2f interview when they do not have 5 min to answer a follow up.

Interview Questions

• Java Basics, DS and Algorithm questions   1 Answer

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Totally there were 4 rounds.

First one was a written test. this time it was quite different from the standard Cisco paper of 20-30 i e 20 apti and 30 tech questions instead it was combination of all topics learnt in engineering.

Second round was a tech interview where majority of the questions were based on OOPS concept which i cleared easily.

Third was again a tech round and it was completely based on core networking concepts.Real time Scenarios were given and asked to provide a feasible solution to it.

Fourth was a manager as well as HR round where some basic HR questions like y should i hire you
    what will u do in case of conflicts between your senior and you.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had total 4 rounds of technical discussion each lasting between 60 to 90 mins. All rounds were on the same day. Had been to Cisco in the morning and came out at 6 in the evening.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

I applied for the job online through their employee portal and then got the REQ referred by an employee. It took almost more than 2 months for them to contact me and I was contacted by their talent acquisition team and they scheduled me for a direct onsite interview. It was 4 member panel head by the Senior Manager who is also the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience as per resume and few situational questions like How you would you start building a service for a specific industry etc.
      They went through in detail about all my projects and started cross-questions on the same.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marmagao (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Marmagao (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Online test consisting of C, OS, Electronics, Networks etc.
    2. F2F Interview
    3. F2F interview

The interviewers were arrogant. I was a chemical engineering graduate. Technically I wasn't allowed to sit for their process, but they allowed me to. During interview they didn't even ask me any technical questions, even after I cleared the test. They told me to wait outside even when I knew they were going to reject me. I waited 4 hours for the result I already knew and interviewer suggested.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

There was an on-campus aptitude exam, included standard C, data structure , C++ and networking questions.
    I was called at the Pune office for PI one week later. There were two technical and one HR interview. Simple questions regarding data structures, pointers, string manipulations and Computer Network Refererence model.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

TAC Engineer - III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitefield (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Whitefield (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There is no such kind of process. I got a call from Cisco and scheduled the interview, but on schedule time I was just waiting for call. After it there is no further communication or reply to any mail by cisco. I am not sure it was really cisco or not because I can't believe such behaviour of Cisco India.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work in night shift?   1 Answer

Manager, Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

No clear process followed. Multiple rounds of interviews, slow decision making. HR is horrible in handling the process to make an offer. There is no clear communication about when and what will be next steps.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle conflict between two of your reportees?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. Very rigid and dictating.

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

Campus Selection. Written, GD(more of a discussion on profile offered), Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Since it was campus selection, and our university has good relations with Cisco, it was pretty general stuff like OSI model. They wanted to be sure i was interested in Computer networking as most of my projects were software related and my branch was CSE.

Interview Questions

• write a c program? well since the profile was of Computer Networks, i wasnt exactly expecting questions on Programming.   1 Answer