Cisco Systems India Interview Questions in India

Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in March 2015.

I had total 4 rounds of technical discussion each lasting between 60 to 90 mins. All rounds were on the same day. Had been to Cisco in the morning and came out at 6 in the evening.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in March 2015.

Telephonic Screening interview .Mostly about algorithms and java basics.Called for a f2f interview after a week. it went well .interviewers were a bit busy on their laptops replying to IMs during the interview. Mostly, run-of-the mill interview questions about Java and DS,algorithms. Was told Manager will get in touch with me soon. Waited for 3 days to follow up and HR Manager did not bother to give a response to follow up. Pretty arrogant and unprofessional from a company of such repute. Why ask people to waste their time for f2f interview when they do not have 5 min to answer a follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Java Basics, DS and Algorithm questions   View Answer

Project Manager - IT Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

I applied for the job online through their employee portal and then got the REQ referred by an employee. It took almost more than 2 months for them to contact me and I was contacted by their talent acquisition team and they scheduled me for a direct onsite interview. It was 4 member panel head by the Senior Manager who is also the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly about my experience as per resume and few situational questions like How you would you start building a service for a specific industry etc.
      They went through in detail about all my projects and started cross-questions on the same.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marmagao (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Marmagao (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2015.

1. Online test consisting of C, OS, Electronics, Networks etc.
    2. F2F Interview
    3. F2F interview

The interviewers were arrogant. I was a chemical engineering graduate. Technically I wasn't allowed to sit for their process, but they allowed me to. During interview they didn't even ask me any technical questions, even after I cleared the test. They told me to wait outside even when I knew they were going to reject me. I waited 4 hours for the result I already knew and interviewer suggested.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

There was an on-campus aptitude exam, included standard C, data structure , C++ and networking questions.
    I was called at the Pune office for PI one week later. There were two technical and one HR interview. Simple questions regarding data structures, pointers, string manipulations and Computer Network Refererence model.

No negotiation.

Manager, Software Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

No clear process followed. Multiple rounds of interviews, slow decision making. HR is horrible in handling the process to make an offer. There is no clear communication about when and what will be next steps.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle conflict between two of your reportees?   Answer Question
    No negotiations at all. Very rigid and dictating.

TAC Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Campus Selection. Written, GD(more of a discussion on profile offered), Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Since it was campus selection, and our university has good relations with Cisco, it was pretty general stuff like OSI model. They wanted to be sure i was interested in Computer networking as most of my projects were software related and my branch was CSE.

Interview Questions
    • write a c program? well since the profile was of Computer Networks, i wasnt exactly expecting questions on Programming.   View Answer

Customer Support Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in December 2014.

I got my interview call via employee referral.

Two rounds of technical and one round Managerial

First round was telephonic .
    Be careful of what you mention in your resume . That becomes your syllabus.
    SIP protocol details and call flow. (I had VOIP mentioned in my resume , so was asked to pick protocol I am most comfortable in)
    DNS doctoring
    Path MTU in TCP
    Fragmentation
    What happens when a new switch comes up in a network
    If a old firewall has been replaced with new one and internet stops working after that , how do you troubleshoot
    Some more questions which I dont remember now.

Then Second round was video conference.
    Tell something about yourself and work you have been doing
    Describe Quality of Service
    SSL handshake in detail
    GRE tunnel.
    FTP and its modes
    What happens with active and passive ftp with nat and /or security policy.
    how do you block facebook on firewall over https. What aproaches can be used.
    Brief description of bgp , how are ebgp and ibgp different , how will you implement security in BGP
    Authentication in BGP and done at what layer
    Garp and rarp. is rarp used today . what is used instead
    dhcp relay working

These are related to what I mentioned in my CV.

Managerial is simple.

Interview Questions
    I asked for raise , but no negotiation as such. Anyways offered was already quite good.

Architect Interview

Core Java Web services Database Memory issues Some standard questions. Not too complex.
    It takes a long time. 2+ months. Some of the managerial rounds are for name sake, but some of them are technical as well.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

There was a written test conducted Chennai Wide. I came to know of it through my friends. It was a easy round with some aptitudes and C/C++ objective questions. I was through in it. Then they called for a face-2-face interview in Cisco Chennai Campus.
    The interviewer asked some puzzles[2] and then some questions on my resume about the current role in my company. They also asked 2 programming questions related to easy string manipulations. Overall it was good.

Interview Questions
    • 2 questions.
      1. Tell me about yourself. Interviewer asked me this and as soon as i started, light went off. I also stopped speaking. Then the interviewer says kindly continue. i can listen to you. And i continued until the lights came.[30 secs]
      2. I was explaining something and then he went on asking how do you do that and tried to enter deep into that. I understood that he has deep knowledge on that topic. Thus, i poiltely told that particular module is outsourced to another company. Thats when he said that "This is where i have spent 15 years of my career." And the interviewer went on explaining. I was listening to him politely and asking him further questions on "oh. i get it now. Nodding as he was explaining for half an hour".

he was very happy with my overall interview process.

Answer Question
    No Negotitation. I accepted the offer as it is.