Cisco Systems India Interview Questions in India

Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.3

171 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

first round was an aptitude round which consisted of both technical and quantz. Quantz questions were relatively easy. Technical questions were very difficult.
    Second round was a technical round but it was a teleconference interview and it didnt go well. Was asked questions on linux and its code.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Horrible Process ! I was interviewed on their bangalore campus. There were almost 500 people who had attended. They called out a few names and informed others they may be called later. I was done with three interviews on the same day. After 3 months I got a call informing me about my selection and also a mail confirming it. After that there was no communication. I had to call back several times ! By that time the guy who had mailed me had left cisco.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

You may need to crack 4 interview rounds and 1 written exam for clearing this position. Once you clear your techincal rounds, the chances of selection are very very bright.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions would be related to your networking knowledge, once you are good in technical, the chances are very bright.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

written apti+tech , personal interview and a hr interview. interview was a kinda easy one . you just needd to stay calm. your approach to the problem matters a lot , even if you dont give exact answer its k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2014.

First round was written test with 20 aptitude and 30 technical questions. Duration was 1 hour. In aptitude, most of the questions were based on probability, permutation and combination and few questions like encoding a given word. In technical section, questions based on C output, electronics, operating systems and networks were asked.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

This textarea doesn't allow to be precise on the process, hence I am adding little extra bit. But, I got the opportunity through a consultant. Consultant fixed the first round of interview over phone.

Interview Questions
    • 1) The question in GWT was how do we clone the GWT component?   View Answer
    • 2) The question in JQuery was how do we find the position of a clicked cell in a table?   View Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in October 2011.

There are mainly 4-5 rounds of technical interview. Mostly related to the current role and past roles.
    Operating Systems and Programming Technique is mostly tested. Very less scope of questions related to optimisation or puzzle programs. A bit of data structure and algorithms are also asked. Negotiation is a key thing in getting best offer. Please be sure to which band you are interviewed for. Its a common trend hiring people in lower band .

Interview Questions
    I had another offer at that time so i did not negotiate much. Although it turned out the offer was less than what was current standard in the company.

TAC Engineer Interview

interview was simple three tech rounds and one managerial round followed by HR round and they took a month to come back to me and gave a joining date of 1 month ahead

did not negotiate

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2014.

It was a 4 round interview. The first round was a written round with 50 questions(20 aptitude + 30 technical) for 1 hour. The second round was a technical round(1 hour). The third was a technical + management round(20 mins).The fourth round was a short HR round(10 mins).

In the first round, 20 aptitude comprised of simple-medium-complex aptitude questions.Some were answerable within 10 seconds , some took 30-40 seconds and the harder ones took slightly over a minute to solve. The questions were based on all the classic aptitude topics.Some questions were stated in a confusing way, but other than that , no hiccups were present. The technical side had 30 questions. I was able to answer most of the aptitude questions(17-18) were correct out of 20 and more than 22 questions were right out of 30 in the technical side. I think the cutoff for the second round was around the 40 mark, which i had gotten and i made it to the second round.

In the second round, the interview started off with simpler,shorter questions, like for example the interviewer pointed to one of the technical questions in the previous round(the interviewer has your answer sheet from the previous round) and asked me to explain the approach i had taken to solve the problem. In the question , i had to estimate the worst case time complexity of the function. the recursive function had something like this:

return function(params-1) + function(params-1)

The answer to this was O(2^n). The interviewer modified the question to this:

return (function(params-1) + function(params-1)) * function(params-1)

The complexity of this was O(3^n). He asked me to derive it on paper which i did.

The next question was regarding how to set the nth bit in a 32bit-integer. The answer was pretty straight forward. variable | 1<<(n-1).

The next question was about a linked list. The interviewer asked me print a singly linked list in a reverse manner.

After that we moved on to trees. The first question was to find the min element in the tree.
    The second question was to implement level order traversal in trees.

After i did that, he asked me to traverse the tree and print it in reverse level order fashion, but the associativity of the child node should be from L-R. for eg..

4 Then the answer would be: 1357264
        / \
      2 6
     / \ / \
    1 3 5 7

After taking a few hints from the interviewer i was able to code it up without errors.

The next question was to print the tree in a zig-zag manner. ie:
    for the tree above the zig-zag traversal would yield: 4267531.
    After thinking for some time, hints from the interviewer, i was able to code this up as well.
    The key points the interviewer looked for, was approach, error-less coding,boundry cases,clarity and confidence. Also , try to speak to the interviewer about your thought process, this not only gives a better opinion to the interviewer, but if you tell him where your'e stuck, he/she might give you clues to proceed further.

In the 3rd round, The technical-management round., the key focus was your thought process, they were not too keen about the technicality of the solutions. The interviewer asked me what were my favorite topics, and i replied data-structures and algorithms. Then he asked me to code up a part of a social network were people were nodes and different types of connections existed between them. my job was to write functions to connect any two nodes of the graph, and also another function to check if 2 nodes are directly or indirectly(transitively) connected.

I asked him, whether all these edges/connections were directed or undirected, they were assumed to be undirected.
    the socialGraph class had a insertion,deletion functions and connect(node*,node*) ,
    isconnected(node*,node*) functions as friend functions to connect 2 nodes and check if 2 nodes are connected. connect function was straight forward ,as i had to append node reference to the edge-list of the node.
    Then to check if 2 nodes are connected , i did a DFS from the source node to the destination node. The interviewer asked me to make the code such that it could scale. So i suggested that we could do a A* search instead of a DFS to make the search space smaller. The interviewer seemed satisfied with my solutions and then we moved on to the other questions. He asked me other simple questions about my projects.
    I did well enough to get qualified for the final round which was a casual HR round where they asked simple questions like the meaning of my name :P and then i was given a evaluation form to fill, and they asked me some questions on that which i could answer.
    Later after about 2 hours, they announced the results, 2 people were selected for full time jobs + internships (one of them was me :D), and 3 more for only internship.
    The interview overall was reasonable and strong knowledge in Data structures and algorithms was needed to get through.

Interview Questions
    As a fresher , i was happy with the package that was offered.

Software Engineer Interview

Aptitude+technical test followed by 2 interview rounds. Technical round has standard questions on C, few questions from digital electronics, aptitude had a lot of time consuming questions. If you have attended the same company before for another profile, few questions repeat. Concepts tested are the same

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude questions were heavy on probability, most of them difficult and time consuming   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems India? Contribute to the Community!