Cisco Systems India Interview Questions in India

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.3

Cisco TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

i applied through elitmus. initially wrote a technical written test from which the selected candidates were called for direct interviews a week later. the face to face interview consists of two rounds engineer panel and the managerial round. the engineer panel asked everything from my resume. they gave me 2 mins and asked to tell the technical part of me. then they asked basic troubleshooting questions like if u r watching a video in youtube and if the video suddenly stops what all the troubleshooting mechanisms u will do? those who have got through engineer panel will attend the managerial round. in the managerial round some basic personal questions like where did u finsh the college, which is ur hometown etc were asked. then they gave some scenario and asked how could i manage those situations. the engineer panel interview was abt some half an hour and the managerial round was abt 15 mts...they announced the shortlisted candidates after a week.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial telephonic Round. Three technical Round. In that one round was writing code & solving couple of puzzles. One Managerial Round. Couple of puzzles here also to check my thought process. Waiting for HR discussion. All rounds panel were very cooperative and giving enough time to think and answer.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much on Spring (in depth), REST, Hibernate and SQL Most of them were scenario based. Write a program for Stack implementation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

6 round of Interview 2 telephonic and 4 face to face and one director round on phone all basic and does not go much deep on technical trying to check broader scope on the same.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephonic Screening interview .Mostly about algorithms and java basics.Called for a f2f interview after a week. it went well .interviewers were a bit busy on their laptops replying to IMs during the interview. Mostly, run-of-the mill interview questions about Java and DS,algorithms. Was told Manager will get in touch with me soon. Waited for 3 days to follow up and HR Manager did not bother to give a response to follow up. Pretty arrogant and unprofessional from a company of such repute. Why ask people to waste their time for f2f interview when they do not have 5 min to answer a follow up.

Interview Questions

• Java Basics, DS and Algorithm questions   1 Answer

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Totally there were 4 rounds. First one was a written test. this time it was quite different from the standard Cisco paper of 20-30 i e 20 apti and 30 tech questions instead it was combination of all topics learnt in engineering. Second round was a tech interview where majority of the questions were based on OOPS concept which i cleared easily. Third was again a tech round and it was completely based on core networking concepts.Real time Scenarios were given and asked to provide a feasible solution to it. Fourth was a manager as well as HR round where some basic HR questions like y should i hire you what will u do in case of conflicts between your senior and you.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had total 4 rounds of technical discussion each lasting between 60 to 90 mins. All rounds were on the same day. Had been to Cisco in the morning and came out at 6 in the evening.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus program for Summer Internship. As a first round there will be a resume shortlisting followed by a online written test(50 MCQ- 60 mins). Then there will be a 3 rounds of interviews (Technical, Manager, HR). Interviews are not difficult, if you are prepared enough. In Technical round, they concentrate much on your resume and projects explanation also basic math and C skills. In managerial round, The difficulty level increases with more networking questions and situation explanation. HR round is chill. :-)

Project Manager - IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

I applied for the job online through their employee portal and then got the REQ referred by an employee. It took almost more than 2 months for them to contact me and I was contacted by their talent acquisition team and they scheduled me for a direct onsite interview. It was 4 member panel head by the Senior Manager who is also the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience as per resume and few situational questions like How you would you start building a service for a specific industry etc. They went through in detail about all my projects and started cross-questions on the same.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marmagao (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Marmagao (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Online test consisting of C, OS, Electronics, Networks etc. 2. F2F Interview 3. F2F interview The interviewers were arrogant. I was a chemical engineering graduate. Technically I wasn't allowed to sit for their process, but they allowed me to. During interview they didn't even ask me any technical questions, even after I cleared the test. They told me to wait outside even when I knew they were going to reject me. I waited 4 hours for the result I already knew and interviewer suggested.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

There was an on-campus aptitude exam, included standard C, data structure , C++ and networking questions. I was called at the Pune office for PI one week later. There were two technical and one HR interview. Simple questions regarding data structures, pointers, string manipulations and Computer Network Refererence model.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.