Cisco Systems India

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.3

Test Engineer Interview

i got an email from HR once I applied after clearing a written test. This was followed by 2 rounds of face-to-face technical interviews. First round was with QA engineer the second was with a Manager Finally was made the offer after a HR round

Interview Questions
    • Practical questions like How do you test a pen?
      What are the different kinds of testing strategies?

Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

I went off campus for this interview. I scored higher on the aptitude side, so was sent to interview for the NCE position. My technical interview was largely based on my resume. And my managerial interview was just the manager explaining concepts to me. My HR was just chatting with the HR. Everything was pretty smooth.

I decided to pursue my higher studies.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

The process went on great with the HR coordinating. Major questions from MPLS.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2012.

Interview consisted of a phone interview by the hiring manager, followed by 3 more phone interviews with potential team peers. Then invited to an onsite interview with 2 more potential team peers. Mostly consisted of questions on how you would handle issues with coworkers, managers, challenges. They just want to see if they can work with you and how your past experience can transcend into the new position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have time to take a test? We would like to evaluate you with this test   View Answer
    No negotiation. Contract position so take it or leave it. Pretty good offer for contract position however.

Project Manager - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in May 2009.

fast interview, quick response for a contractor

for on-payroll employees, however the HR process, approvals, etc and other HR proceedings take a very long time. The manager responses are also time consuming.

There are multiple interviews, panel discussions, 1:1 meetings, phone interviews, etc. The HR process is tedious as well.

Interview Questions
    • What are you leaving your old job and what did you hate most about your previous employer   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

There was an on-campus aptitude exam, included standard C, data structure , C++ and networking questions.
    I was called at the Pune office for PI one week later. There were two technical and one HR interview. Simple questions regarding data structures, pointers, string manipulations and Computer Network Refererence model.

No negotiation.

Manager, Software Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

No clear process followed. Multiple rounds of interviews, slow decision making. HR is horrible in handling the process to make an offer. There is no clear communication about when and what will be next steps.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle conflict between two of your reportees?   Answer Question
    No negotiations at all. Very rigid and dictating.

TAC Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Campus Selection. Written, GD(more of a discussion on profile offered), Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Since it was campus selection, and our university has good relations with Cisco, it was pretty general stuff like OSI model. They wanted to be sure i was interested in Computer networking as most of my projects were software related and my branch was CSE.

Interview Questions
    • write a c program? well since the profile was of Computer Networks, i wasnt exactly expecting questions on Programming.   View Answer

Customer Support Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in December 2014.

I got my interview call via employee referral.

Two rounds of technical and one round Managerial

First round was telephonic .
    Be careful of what you mention in your resume . That becomes your syllabus.
    SIP protocol details and call flow. (I had VOIP mentioned in my resume , so was asked to pick protocol I am most comfortable in)
    DNS doctoring
    Path MTU in TCP
    Fragmentation
    What happens when a new switch comes up in a network
    If a old firewall has been replaced with new one and internet stops working after that , how do you troubleshoot
    Some more questions which I dont remember now.

Then Second round was video conference.
    Tell something about yourself and work you have been doing
    Describe Quality of Service
    SSL handshake in detail
    GRE tunnel.
    FTP and its modes
    What happens with active and passive ftp with nat and /or security policy.
    how do you block facebook on firewall over https. What aproaches can be used.
    Brief description of bgp , how are ebgp and ibgp different , how will you implement security in BGP
    Authentication in BGP and done at what layer
    Garp and rarp. is rarp used today . what is used instead
    dhcp relay working

These are related to what I mentioned in my CV.

Managerial is simple.

Interview Questions
    I asked for raise , but no negotiation as such. Anyways offered was already quite good.

Architect Interview

Core Java Web services Database Memory issues Some standard questions. Not too complex.
    It takes a long time. 2+ months. Some of the managerial rounds are for name sake, but some of them are technical as well.