Cisco Systems India

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.3

Test Engineer Interview

i got an email from HR once I applied after clearing a written test. This was followed by 2 rounds of face-to-face technical interviews. First round was with QA engineer the second was with a Manager Finally was made the offer after a HR round

Interview Questions
    • Practical questions like How do you test a pen?
      What are the different kinds of testing strategies?
        Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

I went off campus for this interview. I scored higher on the aptitude side, so was sent to interview for the NCE position. My technical interview was largely based on my resume. And my managerial interview was just the manager explaining concepts to me. My HR was just chatting with the HR. Everything was pretty smooth.

I decided to pursue my higher studies.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

The process went on great with the HR coordinating. Major questions from MPLS.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2012.

Interview consisted of a phone interview by the hiring manager, followed by 3 more phone interviews with potential team peers. Then invited to an onsite interview with 2 more potential team peers. Mostly consisted of questions on how you would handle issues with coworkers, managers, challenges. They just want to see if they can work with you and how your past experience can transcend into the new position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have time to take a test? We would like to evaluate you with this test   View Answer
    No negotiation. Contract position so take it or leave it. Pretty good offer for contract position however.

Project Manager - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in May 2009.

fast interview, quick response for a contractor

for on-payroll employees, however the HR process, approvals, etc and other HR proceedings take a very long time. The manager responses are also time consuming.

There are multiple interviews, panel discussions, 1:1 meetings, phone interviews, etc. The HR process is tedious as well.

Interview Questions
    • What are you leaving your old job and what did you hate most about your previous employer   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Core Java Web services Database Memory issues Some standard questions. Not too complex.
    It takes a long time. 2+ months. Some of the managerial rounds are for name sake, but some of them are technical as well.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

There was a written test conducted Chennai Wide. I came to know of it through my friends. It was a easy round with some aptitudes and C/C++ objective questions. I was through in it. Then they called for a face-2-face interview in Cisco Chennai Campus.
    The interviewer asked some puzzles[2] and then some questions on my resume about the current role in my company. They also asked 2 programming questions related to easy string manipulations. Overall it was good.

Interview Questions
    • 2 questions.
      1. Tell me about yourself. Interviewer asked me this and as soon as i started, light went off. I also stopped speaking. Then the interviewer says kindly continue. i can listen to you. And i continued until the lights came.[30 secs]
      2. I was explaining something and then he went on asking how do you do that and tried to enter deep into that. I understood that he has deep knowledge on that topic. Thus, i poiltely told that particular module is outsourced to another company. Thats when he said that "This is where i have spent 15 years of my career." And the interviewer went on explaining. I was listening to him politely and asking him further questions on "oh. i get it now. Nodding as he was explaining for half an hour".

he was very happy with my overall interview process.
        Answer Question
    No Negotitation. I accepted the offer as it is.

TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

The interview process will be a total of 2 technical rounds and a managerial round and HR round.They will test your basics in the first technical round and if your basics are strong in the second round it will be a scenario based interview. They will try to understand how you would go about troubleshooting the issue. They will ask you everything that you have mentioned in your resume. If you are not comfortable with one of the topic do not mention it on you CV.

Interview Questions
    • They will test your basics in the first technical round and if your basics are strong in the second round it will be a scenario based interview. They will try to understand how you would go about troubleshooting the issue. They will ask you everything that you have mentioned in your resume. If you are not comfortable with one of the topic do not mention it on you CV.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

6 rounds of interview. 1 round telephonic, 3 rounds of face to face, 1 round of US interview, 1 HR interview. Takes a lot of time to complete the interview process. Then the background verification takes about 2 weeks.

Nothing to negotiate. Receive what they give.

IT Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Cisco visited my college campus. There were a total of 3 rounds. The first round was a multiple choice based written exam that consisted of 2 sections, first section being aptitude(20 questions) and the second section being technical(30 questions). Total duration assigned for this round was 60 minutes. However there was no negative marking. The next round was a technical interview. Here there were two interviewers and one interviewee (i.e 2 on 1). The questions were mainly concentrated on the projects which the students showcased in their resume. This round lasted for around 90 minutes. The last round was HR. This lasted for around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • One unexpected question that I faced was "There is a water bottle in front of you. What can you possibly think of doing with it." It was a test of creativity.   Answer Question