Cisco Systems India

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

There was a written test conducted Chennai Wide. I came to know of it through my friends. It was a easy round with some aptitudes and C/C++ objective questions. I was through in it. Then they called for a face-2-face interview in Cisco Chennai Campus.
    The interviewer asked some puzzles[2] and then some questions on my resume about the current role in my company. They also asked 2 programming questions related to easy string manipulations. Overall it was good.

Interview Questions
    • 2 questions.
      1. Tell me about yourself. Interviewer asked me this and as soon as i started, light went off. I also stopped speaking. Then the interviewer says kindly continue. i can listen to you. And i continued until the lights came.[30 secs]
      2. I was explaining something and then he went on asking how do you do that and tried to enter deep into that. I understood that he has deep knowledge on that topic. Thus, i poiltely told that particular module is outsourced to another company. Thats when he said that "This is where i have spent 15 years of my career." And the interviewer went on explaining. I was listening to him politely and asking him further questions on "oh. i get it now. Nodding as he was explaining for half an hour".

he was very happy with my overall interview process.

Answer Question
    No Negotitation. I accepted the offer as it is.

TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

The interview process will be a total of 2 technical rounds and a managerial round and HR round.They will test your basics in the first technical round and if your basics are strong in the second round it will be a scenario based interview. They will try to understand how you would go about troubleshooting the issue. They will ask you everything that you have mentioned in your resume. If you are not comfortable with one of the topic do not mention it on you CV.

Interview Questions
    • They will test your basics in the first technical round and if your basics are strong in the second round it will be a scenario based interview. They will try to understand how you would go about troubleshooting the issue. They will ask you everything that you have mentioned in your resume. If you are not comfortable with one of the topic do not mention it on you CV.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

6 rounds of interview. 1 round telephonic, 3 rounds of face to face, 1 round of US interview, 1 HR interview. Takes a lot of time to complete the interview process. Then the background verification takes about 2 weeks.

Nothing to negotiate. Receive what they give.

IT Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Cisco visited my college campus. There were a total of 3 rounds. The first round was a multiple choice based written exam that consisted of 2 sections, first section being aptitude(20 questions) and the second section being technical(30 questions). Total duration assigned for this round was 60 minutes. However there was no negative marking. The next round was a technical interview. Here there were two interviewers and one interviewee (i.e 2 on 1). The questions were mainly concentrated on the projects which the students showcased in their resume. This round lasted for around 90 minutes. The last round was HR. This lasted for around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • One unexpected question that I faced was "There is a water bottle in front of you. What can you possibly think of doing with it." It was a test of creativity.   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Hiring begins with group discussion and then 2 technical interviews and HR interviews on the same day.Communication skills should be strong enough, that's they're looking for.Networking concepts will be asked in interviews.This profile don't need any software development.Group discussion could be like on topic of 3G technology etc. Technical interviews involve on networking.

Interview Questions
    • They can ask outside questions like 'why network?' etc.Diagrams related to locations of various IP addresses are valid or invalid within same area?.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

My company was taken over by cisco,so we were on cisco pay roll.so no hiring process was followed as well.No interviews were taken as well.
    only documents were reviewed and we were hired by them.

Interview Questions
    • I was not interviewed and had an direct entry to cisco systems   Answer Question

Virtual Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

CSAP Program -7 rounds including resume shortlisting, video resume, telephonic conversation, written test, Case study, Technical Round and Presentation skills.

Hiring process is average, they will send the docs by setting the expectations and clear idea about job profile.

Takes around 3-6 months for the complete process

Interview Questions
    • Questions are asked to test your thinking and attitute   View Answer
    They gave good offer and i accepted without negotaiting

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Got a call through referral. Had a couple of technical rounds wherein was asked about my past work exp and what do I expect in my profile at Cisco. Entire process was very professional handled. Technical panel was well experienced and asked me very good questions related to Networking and Telecom Concepts.

Interview Questions
    • How would you undertake a project from end-to-end basis which involves requirement understanding,team formation,team mentor ship,Individual contribution,people management in order to meet the expected deliverable.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

first round was an aptitude round which consisted of both technical and quantz. Quantz questions were relatively easy. Technical questions were very difficult.
    Second round was a technical round but it was a teleconference interview and it didnt go well. Was asked questions on linux and its code.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2014.

The process took nearly 4 weeks. Initially, there was a telephonic technical round which i cleared and the following week i had attended the interview here in chennai office via TelePresence. 3 technical rounds in depth of data structures, generics and collections in java, Web services and Cloud computing. Most of the questions were difficult to answer, few questions needed intelligence and logical thinking.

Interview Questions
    Got more than what i expected. Hence, accepted the offer without negotiation.