Cisco Systems India Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.3

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus program for Summer Internship. As a first round there will be a resume shortlisting followed by a online written test(50 MCQ- 60 mins). Then there will be a 3 rounds of interviews (Technical, Manager, HR). Interviews are not difficult, if you are prepared enough. In Technical round, they concentrate much on your resume and projects explanation also basic math and C skills. In managerial round, The difficulty level increases with more networking questions and situation explanation. HR round is chill. :-)

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had total 4 rounds of technical discussion each lasting between 60 to 90 mins. All rounds were on the same day. Had been to Cisco in the morning and came out at 6 in the evening.

Project Manager - IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

I applied for the job online through their employee portal and then got the REQ referred by an employee. It took almost more than 2 months for them to contact me and I was contacted by their talent acquisition team and they scheduled me for a direct onsite interview. It was 4 member panel head by the Senior Manager who is also the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience as per resume and few situational questions like How you would you start building a service for a specific industry etc. They went through in detail about all my projects and started cross-questions on the same.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marmagao (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Marmagao (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Online test consisting of C, OS, Electronics, Networks etc. 2. F2F Interview 3. F2F interview The interviewers were arrogant. I was a chemical engineering graduate. Technically I wasn't allowed to sit for their process, but they allowed me to. During interview they didn't even ask me any technical questions, even after I cleared the test. They told me to wait outside even when I knew they were going to reject me. I waited 4 hours for the result I already knew and interviewer suggested.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goa (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Goa (Philippines)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was On Campus Interview. Initially we had an Online examination, question were from topics ranging from C programming to microprocessors, from MOSFETs to subnet masking.There were also a few aptitude questions. Apti questions were little bit tough.Out of 36 people who appeared for online test 15 were shortlisted. After that we had two round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• In my first technical round interview.I was asked some very basic C question.When I say basic I mean very basic you should know how memory allocation works in C. I was asked following questions: 1. How to find out size of structure without using sizeof() function 2. What are holes in C 3. What is inheritance. 4. What are copy constructor and virtual function. 5.C program to reverse a linked list. After that I had another round.Not sure whether that round was technical or HR .My interviewer grilled me for my low CGPA for around 50 min. He just asked me to write a code in python to print prime number between 1 and 100(since I mentioned Python in my resume). He also asked me what I know about software testing and whether I am willing to do software testing at CISCO. End of the day it was all about CGPA. They selected two students with highest and second highest CGPA.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

There was an on-campus aptitude exam, included standard C, data structure , C++ and networking questions. I was called at the Pune office for PI one week later. There were two technical and one HR interview. Simple questions regarding data structures, pointers, string manipulations and Computer Network Refererence model.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

TAC Engineer - III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitefield (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India (Whitefield (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There is no such kind of process. I got a call from Cisco and scheduled the interview, but on schedule time I was just waiting for call. After it there is no further communication or reply to any mail by cisco. I am not sure it was really cisco or not because I can't believe such behaviour of Cisco India.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work in night shift?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

No clear process followed. Multiple rounds of interviews, slow decision making. HR is horrible in handling the process to make an offer. There is no clear communication about when and what will be next steps.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle conflict between two of your reportees?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. Very rigid and dictating.

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

Campus Selection. Written, GD(more of a discussion on profile offered), Technical Interview, HR Interview. Since it was campus selection, and our university has good relations with Cisco, it was pretty general stuff like OSI model. They wanted to be sure i was interested in Computer networking as most of my projects were software related and my branch was CSE.

Interview Questions

• write a c program? well since the profile was of Computer Networks, i wasnt exactly expecting questions on Programming.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems India in December 2014.

Interview

I got my interview call via employee referral. Two rounds of technical and one round Managerial First round was telephonic . Be careful of what you mention in your resume . That becomes your syllabus. SIP protocol details and call flow. (I had VOIP mentioned in my resume , so was asked to pick protocol I am most comfortable in) DNS doctoring Path MTU in TCP Fragmentation What happens when a new switch comes up in a network If a old firewall has been replaced with new one and internet stops working after that , how do you troubleshoot Some more questions which I dont remember now. Then Second round was video conference. Tell something about yourself and work you have been doing Describe Quality of Service SSL handshake in detail GRE tunnel. FTP and its modes What happens with active and passive ftp with nat and /or security policy. how do you block facebook on firewall over https. What aproaches can be used. Brief description of bgp , how are ebgp and ibgp different , how will you implement security in BGP Authentication in BGP and done at what layer Garp and rarp. is rarp used today . what is used instead dhcp relay working These are related to what I mentioned in my CV. Managerial is simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for raise , but no negotiation as such. Anyways offered was already quite good.