Cisco Systems India

183 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very organised. Will have medium numbers of rounds. Technical strength is what they check. HR is mere a formality. Should be technically strong in the areas they expect for that particular job. Type of questions and generosity depends on the interviewer. There can be 2-5 tech rounds and one HR round.

Interview Question – In my interview, it was all about data structures and they check for strength in data structures like linked lists, hash tables and search optimization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was my first job.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV

Interviewed at Cisco Systems India

Interview Details – Good 1 telephone and 4 in person

Interview Question – Other company details   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview, 1 speed test, 3 technichal interview , 1 HR round

Interview Question – I was asked a question of Dynamic programming which took me 45 minutes to solve   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in January 2013.

Interview Details – process wa quick, but interview was tough to clear

Interview Question – about RR   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – could not negotiate much

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Process Went :
1.1st round was f2f asked basic Java Question.
2.2nd round was f2f asked project and design pattern question
3.3rd round was managerial round, asked normal question.

Interview Question – There was no as such difficult question   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in April 2010.

Interview Details – 3 to 4 rounds. Started with telephonic screening, Face-to-Face and 1 from US Senior member/Manager.
Telephonic screening includes discussion on projects worked.
Face-to-Face : Started with aptitude questions. More technical discussions on project worked and requirement.
Call from US : Technical discussion.
HR round on Phone call

Interview Question – Data structures algorithms
SystemC internals
  Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in March 2010.

Interview Details – Processed my resume through recruiter. There were four round three telephonic and one personal. Telephonic round was on software architecture, performance engineering, personal round was indepth technical round starting from DB design to writing sudo code to large scale architecture. It was conducted by a panel of two people. Then director asked me general questions and challenges.

Negotiation Details – It was decent offer & more then I have asked so no need to negotiate.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Network Consulting Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview Details – I was called by the HR directly for NCE position and they scheduled 3-4 back to back telephonic interviews which were purely technical. Some were okay but some asked quite a lot of details. Overall experience and response from interviewers was good. After that there were face-to-face interviews with Manager and Senior Manager which also were good.

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2009.

Interview Details – 6 rounds of technical interview and 1 round of HR interview

Interview Question – questions related to EMS domain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was smooth

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Vāranāsi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got hired on campus .
Interview during the campus round was pretty basic . reversing a doubly linked list etc.
After that he delved into networking knowledge . Made up imaginary scenario and wanted me to develop a protocol to solve it .
THe usual networking questions of what happens when you enter a url from the browser going through all n/w layers in depth

Interview Question – Dont remember exactly but went something like :
If someone has to do a live streaming to multiple countries like zambia and germany which might have incompatible internet speeds , how will you develop a protocol to stream efficiently without anyone going too out of sync
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Campus placement so no negotiations . The quoted ctc was bloated , actual in hand much less

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems India