Cisco Systems India Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.3

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

6 rounds of interview. 1 round telephonic, 3 rounds of face to face, 1 round of US interview, 1 HR interview. Takes a lot of time to complete the interview process. Then the background verification takes about 2 weeks.

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. Receive what they give.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

-Multiple rounds of interviews conducted through Webex.
    -Interview scheduling has been outsourced.
    -You don't interact with the corporate recruiter early in the process,until they have some questions on your CV/salary expectations upfront.
    -No proper communication of the interview outcome for more than 30 days,despite repeated emails sent to the recruiter requesting for the same.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to understanding my background,CV and motivation around applying for the position.
      A couple of relevant case-study related questions.

1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

Cisco visited my college campus. There were a total of 3 rounds. The first round was a multiple choice based written exam that consisted of 2 sections, first section being aptitude(20 questions) and the second section being technical(30 questions). Total duration assigned for this round was 60 minutes. However there was no negative marking. The next round was a technical interview. Here there were two interviewers and one interviewee (i.e 2 on 1). The questions were mainly concentrated on the projects which the students showcased in their resume. This round lasted for around 90 minutes. The last round was HR. This lasted for around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• One unexpected question that I faced was "There is a water bottle in front of you. What can you possibly think of doing with it." It was a test of creativity.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

Hiring begins with group discussion and then 2 technical interviews and HR interviews on the same day.Communication skills should be strong enough, that's they're looking for.Networking concepts will be asked in interviews.This profile don't need any software development.Group discussion could be like on topic of 3G technology etc. Technical interviews involve on networking.

Interview Questions

• They can ask outside questions like 'why network?' etc.Diagrams related to locations of various IP addresses are valid or invalid within same area?.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

My company was taken over by cisco,so we were on cisco pay roll.so no hiring process was followed as well.No interviews were taken as well.
    only documents were reviewed and we were hired by them.

Interview Questions

• I was not interviewed and had an direct entry to cisco systems   Answer Question

Virtual Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

CSAP Program -7 rounds including resume shortlisting, video resume, telephonic conversation, written test, Case study, Technical Round and Presentation skills.

Hiring process is average, they will send the docs by setting the expectations and clear idea about job profile.

Takes around 3-6 months for the complete process

Interview Questions

• Questions are asked to test your thinking and attitute   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave good offer and i accepted without negotaiting

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

Got a call through referral. Had a couple of technical rounds wherein was asked about my past work exp and what do I expect in my profile at Cisco. Entire process was very professional handled. Technical panel was well experienced and asked me very good questions related to Networking and Telecom Concepts.

Interview Questions

• How would you undertake a project from end-to-end basis which involves requirement understanding,team formation,team mentor ship,Individual contribution,people management in order to meet the expected deliverable.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Chennai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The process took nearly 4 weeks. Initially, there was a telephonic technical round which i cleared and the following week i had attended the interview here in chennai office via TelePresence. 3 technical rounds in depth of data structures, generics and collections in java, Web services and Cloud computing. Most of the questions were difficult to answer, few questions needed intelligence and logical thinking.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got more than what i expected. Hence, accepted the offer without negotiation.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

first round was an aptitude round which consisted of both technical and quantz. Quantz questions were relatively easy. Technical questions were very difficult.
    Second round was a technical round but it was a teleconference interview and it didnt go well. Was asked questions on linux and its code.

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2014.

Interview

the overall process was of good standard.
    written round had 60 questions,20 aptitude(mainly p & c and probability),30 technical questions.
    interview round: basic questions and lot of questions on the project.all the questions were of average difficulty level . they basically want to see ones attitude more than their technical skills

Negotiation

campus recruitment so no negotiation