Cisco Systems India

Average Difficulty
193 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in April 2009.

Interview Details – INterviewed by 3 people. ALL senior professionals. Pure technica... DS & Algo asked

Interview Question – Desging CE and CB circuit   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Allahabad (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round was written. It consisted of 50 questions in 60 mins. The 50 questions were divided into 2 sections, 20 (aptitude) + 30 (technical).Both the sections having seprate cutt-off.
Out of 30 technical questions around 15 questions were based on electronics, including the topics like MOSFET, Modulation, Digital Electronics, etc. and rest were from DS, C-output ,OS and networking.

33 people were shortlisted after written round .I was on 15th position.

Now, 3 one-to-one interviews were held.
First 2 interviews were elimination round.

Interview 1 (Technical Interview) (approx. 45 mins)

1-Tell me something about yourself.
2- He first asked me about my AOI, I said DS,CN and OOPS. then he confirms me that I have included CN in my AOI because of Cisco. I said no.
3-What is FTP .Explain in detail about it. I explained him about both control connection and data connection in FTP ,then he asked me about which port is used for both the connections.
4-What is a Bridge .What are its advantages and Disadvantages .How it forwards a packet. then he gave me a topology and ask me explain how the bridge table will be affected if a node sends a packet to some other node .
5-What is difference between a Bridge and a Switch .Which one is better.
6- What is difference between a Switch and a Router .When to use a Switch and when to use a Router.
7- Explain Sliding Window Protocol.
8-You have given 2 numbers say A and B ,how many minimum number of bits you need to flip to make both equal.
9-What is difference between a structure and a union? when to use a structure and when to use a union .Then he gave me a C question on the size of structure and asked about its output .
10-Allocate an array of object of above structure using malloc and how will you delete these objects.
11-You have any question for us.

Interview 2 (Manager Interview) (approx. 30 mins)

First of all he read my whole Resume very carefully.
1-Tell me something about yourself.
2-Then he asked me about my AOI. then said to me you are the only guy who knows Computer Networks in IT because all other from IT were already eliminated after 1st round and only 2 students were from IT who cleared 1st round.
3-Then asked me about my hobbies .My hobbies were spot programming ,cricket and watching Television series and Movies .Then a long discussion over that even he asked me the character names of my favorite TV serial .So be prepared about your hobbies also.
4-Then he asked me about my Codechef rank since I mentioned it in my Resume.
Then he asked me is it a good rank? Since he had no idea about Codechef . My codechef world rank was 200 at that time.
5- Why your cpi is so low. around 5 min discussion over this. My cpi was 7.94
then he asked me 2 technical questions 1 is from DS and other is from OS. He had very deep knowledge of OS.
6-Take any of your favorite of Data structure and asked me to explain it. But when I start explaining him and he interrupt's me just after 30 sec and said leave it. By this he wants
to check how fast I can make a decision and also his main focus was on my confidence rather than asking any question. So guys be confident.
7- And it was the toughest and last technical question of my interview around 10-12 min discussion over it. He said if I kill any of the child process in windows using windows Task Manager then how it will affect its parent process ie what happens whenever you kill a child process in windows. Initially this question was not clear to me but he helped me go through it, so maintaining a proper communication with the interviewer is very important .
And in the end he said anything you want to know about Cisco and I asked him 2-3 questions just for formality purpose.

Interview 3 (HR Interview) (approx. 25 mins)

Tell me about yourself.
Asked me about my family background. why you don't want to join your family business.
What is your biggest achievement till now.
Why do you want to join Cisco.
What you know about Cisco and asked me speak for 5 min for Cisco.
What are your qualities .
You have any question for me about Cisco.
Then he said me to wait for the result.
We all were waiting for the result and after around 30 min result was out and they announced the result total 8 people were hired (5 CSE + 1 IT(me) + 2 ECE ) .My name was also in the list at 3rd position.
THATS IT ….
<...........................................>

Interview Question – You have 25 horses and at a time you can do a race of max 5 horses. what are the minimum number of races are required to find the top 5 horses.   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment

Interview Question – How would you fix a D-Dos attack?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in December 2011.

Interview Details – I got hired on-campus. There was a written test first. Then, two-rounds of technical interview followed by a HR-interview. In the written, questions were from Computer Science, Mathematics, and Electronics. In the technical round, they asked me about the basics of C, OOP, data Structure, Operating Systems and Networking. In the HR round, general questions such as why do you want to join the company, etc.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were on expected lines   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer

Interviewed at Cisco Systems India

Interview Details – two technical rounds and one hr round

Interview Question – remove alternate elements from a doubly connected circular linked list   Answer Question

Manager - Learning and Development Interview

Manager - Learning and Development
Global Village (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring team and company culture is very good. The process takes a very long time and sometimes interviewers may not be completely aware of the requirements for the position

Interview Question – Cant think of any such questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interview Details – 1st round: technical test, which included questions regarding C,Electronics,Communication systems and aptitude
2nd,3rd rounds: interviews based on C language basics, OS basics, Data structures and a few puzzles were asked
4th round (optional) : HR round

Interview Question – Dynamic programming   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems India

Interview Details – Written round
20 questions-Apti
30 questions-Tech
1 tech interview
1 hr

Interview Question – 1 DC (multiplexing) 1 CCN(numerical) 1 number representation DS(binary trees only) microprocessor DMA memory mapped a lot of OS questions
1hr
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2013.

Interview Details – total 2 rounds... 1st one was a general allround interview based on OS,networks,algorithms...
second was specifically about algorithms.

Interview Question – Operating System questions were tough   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2011.

Interview Details – Basics is expected from freshers

Interview Question – Everything will be simple if you are strong in basics   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems India