Cisco Systems India Network Consulting Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

I went off campus for this interview. I scored higher on the aptitude side, so was sent to interview for the NCE position. My technical interview was largely based on my resume. And my managerial interview was just the manager explaining concepts to me. My HR was just chatting with the HR. Everything was pretty smooth.

I decided to pursue my higher studies.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems India

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

The process went on great with the HR coordinating. Major questions from MPLS.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Horrible Process ! I was interviewed on their bangalore campus. There were almost 500 people who had attended. They called out a few names and informed others they may be called later. I was done with three interviews on the same day. After 3 months I got a call informing me about my selection and also a mail confirming it. After that there was no communication. I had to call back several times ! By that time the guy who had mailed me had left cisco.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

You may need to crack 4 interview rounds and 1 written exam for clearing this position. Once you clear your techincal rounds, the chances of selection are very very bright.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions would be related to your networking knowledge, once you are good in technical, the chances are very bright.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2014.

First round was written test with 20 aptitude and 30 technical questions. Duration was 1 hour. In aptitude, most of the questions were based on probability, permutation and combination and few questions like encoding a given word. In technical section, questions based on C output, electronics, operating systems and networks were asked.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

written test( aptitude,digital electronics,communication networks) followed by two technical rounds and one HR round. The interviewer in first round was really cool but second technical round was more like a stress round.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions were confined to basics:
      ex: need for ipv6, explain the layers of OSI model, explain network diagram
        Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

1st round was written ,in then followed two rounds of interviews, i
    was asked questions about networks,wifi ,routing protocols etc

Interview Questions
    • 2 computers given explain the process how communication will occur between them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

I was called by the HR directly for NCE position and they scheduled 3-4 back to back telephonic interviews which were purely technical. Some were okay but some asked quite a lot of details. Overall experience and response from interviewers was good. After that there were face-to-face interviews with Manager and Senior Manager which also were good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in November 2009.

DAY1/Round 1:
    1. Telephonic Interview with HR to check command over English and clarity of thought process.
    2. Written exam ( Part 1: general aptitude Part 2: Cisco/Networking Related)

DAY 2/Round 2:
    Telephonic Interview:
    Combined Technical interview (basics of Networking and based on your CV) + HR interview.

DAY3/Round 3:
    -In person Technical Interview with hiring Managers
    -HR interview
    -Senior Manager Interview

You pass all of the above --> Offer letter :D

Interview Questions
    • Live Switch and IP phone was shown and asked to explain one of the LAN concepts.
      Asked about VPNs and their requirement.
        Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in January 2011.

Tried many times for a Job in this Company. Got an interview call after many attempts. The interview was very tough with two technical rounds and a manager interview as well as a HR interview. Very thorough technical skills which matches with wide experience in Networking is required

Interview Questions

Worked for Cisco Systems India? Contribute to the Community!