Cisco Systems India Software Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephonic Screening interview .Mostly about algorithms and java basics.Called for a f2f interview after a week. it went well .interviewers were a bit busy on their laptops replying to IMs during the interview. Mostly, run-of-the mill interview questions about Java and DS,algorithms. Was told Manager will get in touch with me soon. Waited for 3 days to follow up and HR Manager did not bother to give a response to follow up. Pretty arrogant and unprofessional from a company of such repute. Why ask people to waste their time for f2f interview when they do not have 5 min to answer a follow up.

Interview Questions

• Java Basics, DS and Algorithm questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems India

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Chennai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The process took nearly 4 weeks. Initially, there was a telephonic technical round which i cleared and the following week i had attended the interview here in chennai office via TelePresence. 3 technical rounds in depth of data structures, generics and collections in java, Web services and Cloud computing. Most of the questions were difficult to answer, few questions needed intelligence and logical thinking.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got more than what i expected. Hence, accepted the offer without negotiation.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Saw an opening in a job portal and applied and then got the call next day from one of the consultancy. And they fixed an appointment on the next working day. Had to wait for 10 minutes in the office lobby before HR took me for the individual written test on C. After clearing that attended two back to back technical rounds by two managers and later again another round by a group of managers and then a HR round. I got the offer letter on the same day and joined after two months. This happened 6 years back and ever since I didn't leave the company.

Interview Questions

• Some brain teaser was an unexpected one though I answered it correctly i.e 1 out of 8 similar looking weights is odd one and need to find that in two weighings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Should have negotiated more. Didn't have experience in negotiation then. Didn't get what I've asked for.

Software Engineer II Interview

Interview

Test + 3 Interview. Test includes aptitude + technical.
    Followed by 3 technical interviews

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Written test for technical screening as the first round. And then 2 rounds of technical interview on the same day. Managerial round after that and then finally HR round. And then offer negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Struts, java hashmap concept, Web project structure, JSP basics, Javascript basic questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview

usually consists of a technical written test and two rounds of interviews for freshers. Concentrate on Algorithms ,Data Structures , Networking and Operating Systems.

Interview Questions

• nothing in particular . Most questions were like to solve normal DS questions using Iterative and Recursive approaches.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in December 2012.

Interview

On Campus Placement Process: A technical test, followed by 2 technical and 1 HR interviews. Test was of average difficulty level. Basic programming questions, Data Structures, Algorithms, Digital Electronics (flip flop, counters etc). Technical interviews checked basic programming ability and algorithmic aptitude. Mostly resume based. Asked every project listed in the resume in detail. They showed a lot of interest in the resume. HR interview was just a formality and was kept so that candidates can ask questions and clear their doubts.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing very difficult or unexpected. But they asked many questions depending on the resume.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

written test, 2 tech interviews, 1 HR interview

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Mumbai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was interested in the profile of an IT analyst . So my interviews were more towards problem solving abilities and the ways to approach a problem. Networking concepts, programming and the latest trends in the technology were discussed. Then I was given a problem statement regarding the transfer of data from the client side to the server side with a firewall in between.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India (Bangalore (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First will be a phone screen where they'll ask you questions on basic data structure to test your grasp on linked list, trees etc. If you clear that , you'll be invited for a face to face interview which will last for an entire day consisting of 4 technical rounds grilling you in data structures (linked list, tress, hash tables), operating system concepts and finally if all goes well you'll talk to a manager. Learn all the different tricks possible in a linked list. Helps big time!

Interview Questions

• Not very complex questions. WAP to check if your machine is big endian or little endian. Not tough but tricky if you haven't come across this question earlier.   Answer Question