Cisco Systems India

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Good 1 telephone and 4 in person

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems India

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

I got the interview call a week in advance for a recruitment drive at Cisco for their UCS QA team. I was well received at the the campus and was escorted by HR to the building where interview was conducted.
    I was first briefed by the Director regarding the job profile and also conducted a screening interview before checking with me about my interest in the job profile to proceed with further interviews.
     There were a total of 4 technical rounds before speaking with the Senior manager which was followed by an HR round.
    One thing I really liked about the interview process was that all interviews were completed in a day and the offer was also shared on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • PCI adapter cards need to be qualified on different OS running on UCS server. There is a team that already qualifies the functionality of the adapter card. As a system test engineer how would you devise a plan to test the adapter card's functionality across multiple OSs within a short span of time?   Answer Question
    I was asked about the expected salary by HR and I requested for the industry standard salary for my experience. I got a handsome package and was very happy about the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India.

The interview process is very well organized and detailed.
    First there was a telephonic interview which went on for almost an hour. The interviewer explained about the product and openings available and what are they looking for.
    The interview was both technical and about me and my previous academic achievements.
    After a week or so i was called for a face to face interview. There were 4 rounds of face to face interviews. the interviews covered areas of language, programming, Domain, product knowledge and operating system. The face to face interview took around 3-4 hours.
    Programs were asked to be written on white board and also on paper. The domain related questions were to be explained with white boarding.
    The HR then contacted me for salary expectation after 1.5 weeks. I was offered the position after one more week. No salary negotiation was allowed. There were few mistakes in the position offered in the offer letter sent , but was corrected when brought to the notice of HR within 2 days. Then there was week of background verification where i had to submit all the documents to the third party verification agency. This was mostly via email and phone.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the logic in product worked on to replicate packets.   Answer Question
    No negotiation process was encouraged.
    Suggestion :
    When HR calls for the salary expectation, be clear on what you want and do your homework on the role and salary you can expect.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in December 2011.

On Campus selection. There were three rounds-
    HR - Consisted of basic questions like, Why Cisco?? What are your strong points??
    Technical-1
    Technical-2

Take it or Leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in July 2011.

the hiring started with a written test which was pretty broad i terms of scope.

everything from math, to digital electronic,computer architecture,microprocessors was tested here.

Interview Questions
    the negotiaion phase existed, but i was not aware of it, i just nodded my head to whatever they were offering.

silly me!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in July 2011.

My interview had 3 rounds, round 1 technical interview round2 managerial interview and round3 hr interview. Please ask the HR to give the position that you wanted if they have an opening. Boldly reject the offer if you do not like to offer, do not accept the offer better opportunity is waiting. If you clear the cisco interview then you will clear better company.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was a fresher I did not get any difficult question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in January 2011.

need to know basic data structure, c programming

Interview Questions
    • will be asked to write c code irrespective of the experience level   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2010.

HR contact for screening, followed by on site interviews by director of engg, hiring manager, senior engineer, vp of operations, and hr manager. Usually two or more engineers conduct tech interviews followed by manager and director interviews face to face. I was lucky to have only one technical interview since my skill set match was too good and they were on a hiring spree!

Interview Questions
    The HR was in no mood to negotiation due to ongoing acquisition process, so hardly got any negotiation done in my favor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2009.

Interview process was arduous. The interview happened in subramanya arcade bannerghatta road. I had seven round of interview including one HR round.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all common questions with some trying to get an insight about your approach to solve a particular problem   Answer Question