Cisco Systems India

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview Details – First, there was a written aptitude + technical screening test. It had 50 questions- 20 aptitude + logical reasoning questions and 30 technical questions mainly from topics- Computer Networking, Analog and digital communication, Digital Electronics, Data Structures, OS.
Then, there were 2 technical interview rounds followed by HR round. In technical round, they asked about project/internships and gave coding questions to solve.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds
1st - Technical,MCQ
Contained questions form Microprocessors, Aptitude, Operatng Systems, Networks, C/C++,Algorithms.
2nd - Technical Interview
3rd - HR Interview

Interview Question – 17 nodes from a node, how will you make a tree.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was part of campus recruitment. 1 written test plus 3 set of interviews were conducted. 2 technical plus 1 hr interview. The roles offered included SE, IT and NC.

Interview Question – some questions relating to my projects and trying to relate with real world scenarios to analyze and code.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very well planned interview and hiring process. We can use internal facilities during interview process. Interview will be based on your previous experience and some questions related to programming and OS.

Interview Question – What Cisco should expect from you and what are you expecting from Cisco?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate a bit.

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cisco Systems India.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very organised. Will have medium numbers of rounds. Technical strength is what they check. HR is mere a formality. Should be technically strong in the areas they expect for that particular job. Type of questions and generosity depends on the interviewer. There can be 2-5 tech rounds and one HR round.

Interview Question – In my interview, it was all about data structures and they check for strength in data structures like linked lists, hash tables and search optimization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was my first job.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in September 2009.

Interview Details – 6 rounds of technical interview and 1 round of HR interview

Interview Question – questions related to EMS domain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was smooth

Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in April 2009.

Interview Details – INterviewed by 3 people. ALL senior professionals. Pure technica... DS & Algo asked

Interview Question – Desging CE and CB circuit   Answer Question

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment

Interview Question – How would you fix a D-Dos attack?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in December 2011.

Interview Details – I got hired on-campus. There was a written test first. Then, two-rounds of technical interview followed by a HR-interview. In the written, questions were from Computer Science, Mathematics, and Electronics. In the technical round, they asked me about the basics of C, OOP, data Structure, Operating Systems and Networking. In the HR round, general questions such as why do you want to join the company, etc.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were on expected lines   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round: technical test, which included questions regarding C,Electronics,Communication systems and aptitude
2nd,3rd rounds: interviews based on C language basics, OS basics, Data structures and a few puzzles were asked
4th round (optional) : HR round

Interview Question – Dynamic programming   Answer Question

Worked for Cisco Systems India? Contribute to the Community!