Cisco Systems India

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in June 2013.

Interview Details – There were three rounds of telephonic interview. Then a written test. Two more rounds of person to person interview. This was followed by a telephonic interview with HR. Most questions were to assess the language capability and quick comprehension of complex technical information. There were also a few questions regarding project management.

Interview Question – Most questions pertained to gauging the grasp of English language and quick comprehension of complex technical information.   Answer Question

Technical Writer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2008.

Interview Details – There was a disconnect between the HR (recruitment is outsourced) and the manager who was conducting interviews. The HR did not inform me about the interview timing. The relieving date was misinterpreted by the recruiter and proved a problem that had to be raised to the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Analytical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I was not able to negotiate.

Advice: Negotiate your salary and be clear of what you want and what you are willing to adjust.

Technical Writer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems India in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very systematic. However they have the usual delays since they are a big company and processes have to be followed. However they do stay in touch in the interim period and provide assurances to keep candidates interested.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was short and sweet. The offer I received initially was not up to my expectations, however they were reasonable about it and we came to a figure both sides agreed upon quite quickly. There was no beating about the bush or going back and forth.

Worked for Cisco Systems India? Contribute to the Community!