Cisco Systems

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for two positions: one in software engineering and one in IT engineering.

I applied for both interviews on the school job website and after the deadline they emailed me about a week later requesting time slots to sign up to interview at.

I interviewed with a software engineering professional first from the local area on campus. She gave me entirely behavioral questions with absolutely no technical questions which was very surprising. She asked me questions: Where would you like to work after graduation? What programming languages do you know and what classes have you taken? What do you think is the most interesting thing about technology? What do you know about Cisco?

She also asked me a lot about the stuff I had on my resume and almost every single job experience I had on there as well. She asked about clubs too.

The IT Engineering interview consisted of a webex interview because the interviewer had to rush home in the middle of the day. She asked more scenario questions and some testing questions as well on products. The first round interviews were pretty short and consisted of less than 30 minutes each.

After a couple weeks when I got a counter offer I emailed Cisco and they sped up the second round interview and had me fill in a background check. The second round interview for the IT engineering position was also webex and the questions were more about the projects that I had done outside of class and what I knew about data and engineering. They got back to me a couple business days after that because I had a conflicting deadline.

Interview Question – The entire interview process was pretty easy and straightforward with mainly behavioral questions. Just remember to have a good explanation and demonstration of extracurriculars and projects.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – On-campus interview. Just basic behavioral questions. More focused on thinking process.
Details of academic projects completed. How would you solve certain question? How did you implement your project app and how can you improve it?

Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Came to university for a short interview. Questions were based off the resume and required the interviewee to go into detail.

Interview Question – Explain your favorite algorithm   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – I interviewed with Cisco at a conference. There was no actual coding questions involved. They asked about data structures and networking terminologies.

Interview Question – Questions on TCP   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They don't offer housing.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website, and they emailed me back, requesting an interview on campus. The interviewer was very friendly, and he asked mostly questions about my experience level and previous projects. There were no technical questions, mostly general questions about what kind of software engineering I would prefer, what classes I have taken, and what non-class related projects I have done. Overall, the entire interview took about an hour.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 20 years as a programmer?   Answer Question

University, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to job through school provided job search web site. Interviewed on campus for 30 min. The interviewer mainly asked about what experience I have and how I handle problems associated with the team of engineers I work with on campus. The first question asked was how routers work, so know your networking systems.

Interview Question – I did not expect so many questions regarding problem mitigation with my team of engineers.   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds, one with the manger and one with a Current Employee. Both the rounds were a mixture of technical and HR. L1-L4 networking protocols, focused on resume. Asked me about extra curricular activities and any charity I did.

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview Details – Campus job fair. Screened resume and selected candidates with some experience related to computer networks- a project in your academics, skill set you mention network protocols, courses taken, etc. C experience would help.
Scheduled follow up interview next day, it was a 30 min interview with basic questions about OSI layer, any networks project and C questions.

Interview Question – Nothing complicated, the very basics of the above areas   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.

Interview Details – At the Career Fair. Screening at their booth on the first day and then an interview the next day that lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a linked list (Iterative)?   Answer Question
  • Given a linked list with nodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 - how would you generate the linked list 1, 5, 2, 4 then 3?   View Answer
  • Given a memory location (or a reference), how would you determine whether it was located in the stack or the heap? Write a program to determine this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview Details – Applied online, then had a phone interview.

Interview Question – Just asked about my experiences, extra-curricular, etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems Videos

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems Intern interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees and interview candidates.