Cisco Systems

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.7

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Applied through on-campus recruiter. Scheduled an interview a week later only to have it postponed a month. Interview was mostly technical. What part did talk about interest in the company and position didn't seem to interest interviewer. For technical thought process questions, when I didn't get an answer or I got it wrong the interviewer had no interest in talking about it and just wanted an answer.

Interview Questions
  • 8 balls the same size; one is heavier than others; how many times do you need to use a balance scale to find the ball? How many times if you don't know whether the ball is heavier or lighter?
    Light bulb in a room; three switches outside the room; can only go into the room once; how do you find which switch goes to the light?
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Intern Interview

Started at recruiting even on campus. After learning of the internship I applied online. Around a month passed before I received an email in regards to the internship. I was then contacted by somebody in HR to set up an interview through webex. The first round interview lasted thirty minutes, and was with an NCE. A lot of the questions were personality based, and asking what my goals were. A few technical questions were thrown in at the end. Overall a good experience, Cisco seems like a great company to work for. I am scheduled for the next round of interviews, I will try to update.

Interview Questions
    • describe OSPF, also asked to tell them network, broadcast, and usable addresses for certain IP addresses in different subnets. No calculator obviously.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was a really short interview (general screening process) - she asked me to introduce myself and then asked me two quick questions after that. I asked her quite a few questions, and we finished the interview in about 15 minutes within the half an hour time slot. I asked her if she had any further questions for me, and she did not.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about finding out the number of cars in the US?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I received 3 interviews, all of which were very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very straight forward, no curveballs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed with Cisco at a conference. There was no actual coding questions involved. They asked about data structures and networking terminologies.

Interview Questions

They don't offer housing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

I interviewed for two positions: one in software engineering and one in IT engineering.

I applied for both interviews on the school job website and after the deadline they emailed me about a week later requesting time slots to sign up to interview at.

I interviewed with a software engineering professional first from the local area on campus. She gave me entirely behavioral questions with absolutely no technical questions which was very surprising. She asked me questions: Where would you like to work after graduation? What programming languages do you know and what classes have you taken? What do you think is the most interesting thing about technology? What do you know about Cisco?

She also asked me a lot about the stuff I had on my resume and almost every single job experience I had on there as well. She asked about clubs too.

The IT Engineering interview consisted of a webex interview because the interviewer had to rush home in the middle of the day. She asked more scenario questions and some testing questions as well on products. The first round interviews were pretty short and consisted of less than 30 minutes each.

After a couple weeks when I got a counter offer I emailed Cisco and they sped up the second round interview and had me fill in a background check. The second round interview for the IT engineering position was also webex and the questions were more about the projects that I had done outside of class and what I knew about data and engineering. They got back to me a couple business days after that because I had a conflicting deadline.

Interview Questions
    • The entire interview process was pretty easy and straightforward with mainly behavioral questions. Just remember to have a good explanation and demonstration of extracurriculars and projects.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

I applied online through their website, and they emailed me back, requesting an interview on campus. The interviewer was very friendly, and he asked mostly questions about my experience level and previous projects. There were no technical questions, mostly general questions about what kind of software engineering I would prefer, what classes I have taken, and what non-class related projects I have done. Overall, the entire interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 20 years as a programmer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Came to university for a short interview. Questions were based off the resume and required the interviewee to go into detail.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

On-campus interview. Just basic behavioral questions. More focused on thinking process.
    Details of academic projects completed. How would you solve certain question? How did you implement your project app and how can you improve it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

Applied to job through school provided job search web site. Interviewed on campus for 30 min. The interviewer mainly asked about what experience I have and how I handle problems associated with the team of engineers I work with on campus. The first question asked was how routers work, so know your networking systems.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect so many questions regarding problem mitigation with my team of engineers.   Answer Question