Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial application process, then a phone interview. The second round interview took the form of a short video conference interview. The interviews were fairly informal and mostly about background experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in presenting technical information in a non-technical way?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My university has a program partnering with Cisco and I applied to the university program first. After passing the university interview, I was referred to Cisco. About three weeks later, I interviewed with two managers back-to-back. I received a letter of intent a day later and the rest of the process took about two weeks. The interviews seemed like normal conversations, they were super welcoming!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I met a Cisco representative at a career fair, and then was asked to have an in-person interview soon after. It went by quickly, and I had my interview shortly after. It consisted of mostly behavioral questions, the recruiter went through my resume and was very nice about the process. Nothing technical, just make sure you know your qualifications well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cisco?
      What is a time when you had to work in a team?

Answer Question

Application

Interview

I went to career fair and spoke to the person from Cisco. Later that day, I received a call from the person asking for an interview. The interview went pretty smooth. Just basic questions like how would you describe yourself, and why would you want to work at Cisco. The interviewer did ask a question relating to demand planning, which was related to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• If Cisco created a new product, how would you know how many to manufacture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, got an intervew in a week or so. Interview consisted of few behavioral questions, few technical questions, and a puzzle-kind of a riddle. Questions weren't too hard. the puzzle was a lot of pressure though. Behavioral questions about effective communication and team-work environment experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiter. Scheduled an interview a week later only to have it postponed a month. Interview was mostly technical. What part did talk about interest in the company and position didn't seem to interest interviewer. For technical thought process questions, when I didn't get an answer or I got it wrong the interviewer had no interest in talking about it and just wanted an answer.

Interview Questions

• 8 balls the same size; one is heavier than others; how many times do you need to use a balance scale to find the ball? How many times if you don't know whether the ball is heavier or lighter?
      Light bulb in a room; three switches outside the room; can only go into the room once; how do you find which switch goes to the light?

2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Started at recruiting even on campus. After learning of the internship I applied online. Around a month passed before I received an email in regards to the internship. I was then contacted by somebody in HR to set up an interview through webex. The first round interview lasted thirty minutes, and was with an NCE. A lot of the questions were personality based, and asking what my goals were. A few technical questions were thrown in at the end. Overall a good experience, Cisco seems like a great company to work for. I am scheduled for the next round of interviews, I will try to update.

Interview Questions

• describe OSPF, also asked to tell them network, broadcast, and usable addresses for certain IP addresses in different subnets. No calculator obviously.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I received 3 interviews, all of which were very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very straight forward, no curveballs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I interviewed with Cisco at a conference. There was no actual coding questions involved. They asked about data structures and networking terminologies.

Interview Questions

They don't offer housing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for two positions: one in software engineering and one in IT engineering.

I applied for both interviews on the school job website and after the deadline they emailed me about a week later requesting time slots to sign up to interview at.

I interviewed with a software engineering professional first from the local area on campus. She gave me entirely behavioral questions with absolutely no technical questions which was very surprising. She asked me questions: Where would you like to work after graduation? What programming languages do you know and what classes have you taken? What do you think is the most interesting thing about technology? What do you know about Cisco?

She also asked me a lot about the stuff I had on my resume and almost every single job experience I had on there as well. She asked about clubs too.

The IT Engineering interview consisted of a webex interview because the interviewer had to rush home in the middle of the day. She asked more scenario questions and some testing questions as well on products. The first round interviews were pretty short and consisted of less than 30 minutes each.

After a couple weeks when I got a counter offer I emailed Cisco and they sped up the second round interview and had me fill in a background check. The second round interview for the IT engineering position was also webex and the questions were more about the projects that I had done outside of class and what I knew about data and engineering. They got back to me a couple business days after that because I had a conflicting deadline.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview process was pretty easy and straightforward with mainly behavioral questions. Just remember to have a good explanation and demonstration of extracurriculars and projects.   Answer Question