Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.7

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I received 3 interviews, all of which were very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • All of the questions were very straight forward, no curveballs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

I interviewed for two positions: one in software engineering and one in IT engineering.

I applied for both interviews on the school job website and after the deadline they emailed me about a week later requesting time slots to sign up to interview at.

I interviewed with a software engineering professional first from the local area on campus. She gave me entirely behavioral questions with absolutely no technical questions which was very surprising. She asked me questions: Where would you like to work after graduation? What programming languages do you know and what classes have you taken? What do you think is the most interesting thing about technology? What do you know about Cisco?

She also asked me a lot about the stuff I had on my resume and almost every single job experience I had on there as well. She asked about clubs too.

The IT Engineering interview consisted of a webex interview because the interviewer had to rush home in the middle of the day. She asked more scenario questions and some testing questions as well on products. The first round interviews were pretty short and consisted of less than 30 minutes each.

After a couple weeks when I got a counter offer I emailed Cisco and they sped up the second round interview and had me fill in a background check. The second round interview for the IT engineering position was also webex and the questions were more about the projects that I had done outside of class and what I knew about data and engineering. They got back to me a couple business days after that because I had a conflicting deadline.

Interview Questions
    • The entire interview process was pretty easy and straightforward with mainly behavioral questions. Just remember to have a good explanation and demonstration of extracurriculars and projects.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

On-campus interview. Just basic behavioral questions. More focused on thinking process.
    Details of academic projects completed. How would you solve certain question? How did you implement your project app and how can you improve it?

Intern Interview

I interviewed with Cisco at a conference. There was no actual coding questions involved. They asked about data structures and networking terminologies.

Interview Questions

They don't offer housing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2013.

Came to university for a short interview. Questions were based off the resume and required the interviewee to go into detail.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

I applied online through their website, and they emailed me back, requesting an interview on campus. The interviewer was very friendly, and he asked mostly questions about my experience level and previous projects. There were no technical questions, mostly general questions about what kind of software engineering I would prefer, what classes I have taken, and what non-class related projects I have done. Overall, the entire interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 20 years as a programmer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

Applied to job through school provided job search web site. Interviewed on campus for 30 min. The interviewer mainly asked about what experience I have and how I handle problems associated with the team of engineers I work with on campus. The first question asked was how routers work, so know your networking systems.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect so many questions regarding problem mitigation with my team of engineers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

2 Rounds, one with the manger and one with a Current Employee. Both the rounds were a mixture of technical and HR. L1-L4 networking protocols, focused on resume. Asked me about extra curricular activities and any charity I did.

NO negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Campus job fair. Screened resume and selected candidates with some experience related to computer networks- a project in your academics, skill set you mention network protocols, courses taken, etc. C experience would help.
    Scheduled follow up interview next day, it was a 30 min interview with basic questions about OSI layer, any networks project and C questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated, the very basics of the above areas   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2013.

At the Career Fair. Screening at their booth on the first day and then an interview the next day that lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would you reverse a linked list (Iterative)?   Answer Question
    • Given a linked list with nodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 - how would you generate the linked list 1, 5, 2, 4 then 3?   View Answer
    • Given a memory location (or a reference), how would you determine whether it was located in the stack or the heap? Write a program to determine this.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!