Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied for an engineering intern position through the online application system. Received an interview. The interview surprisingly had no technical questions and focused mainly on my past work experience. At one point, however, my interviewer made me very uncomfortable by suggesting that if I got the position, it would be because I am female instead of my existing computer science qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you got the position, knowing that it is because you are female?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial application process, then a phone interview. The second round interview took the form of a short video conference interview. The interviews were fairly informal and mostly about background experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in presenting technical information in a non-technical way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My university has a program partnering with Cisco and I applied to the university program first. After passing the university interview, I was referred to Cisco. About three weeks later, I interviewed with two managers back-to-back. I received a letter of intent a day later and the rest of the process took about two weeks. The interviews seemed like normal conversations, they were super welcoming!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I met a Cisco representative at a career fair, and then was asked to have an in-person interview soon after. It went by quickly, and I had my interview shortly after. It consisted of mostly behavioral questions, the recruiter went through my resume and was very nice about the process. Nothing technical, just make sure you know your qualifications well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cisco?
      What is a time when you had to work in a team?

Answer Question

Application

Interview

I went to career fair and spoke to the person from Cisco. Later that day, I received a call from the person asking for an interview. The interview went pretty smooth. Just basic questions like how would you describe yourself, and why would you want to work at Cisco. The interviewer did ask a question relating to demand planning, which was related to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• If Cisco created a new product, how would you know how many to manufacture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, got an intervew in a week or so. Interview consisted of few behavioral questions, few technical questions, and a puzzle-kind of a riddle. Questions weren't too hard. the puzzle was a lot of pressure though. Behavioral questions about effective communication and team-work environment experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiter. Scheduled an interview a week later only to have it postponed a month. Interview was mostly technical. What part did talk about interest in the company and position didn't seem to interest interviewer. For technical thought process questions, when I didn't get an answer or I got it wrong the interviewer had no interest in talking about it and just wanted an answer.

Interview Questions

• 8 balls the same size; one is heavier than others; how many times do you need to use a balance scale to find the ball? How many times if you don't know whether the ball is heavier or lighter?
      Light bulb in a room; three switches outside the room; can only go into the room once; how do you find which switch goes to the light?

3 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Started at recruiting even on campus. After learning of the internship I applied online. Around a month passed before I received an email in regards to the internship. I was then contacted by somebody in HR to set up an interview through webex. The first round interview lasted thirty minutes, and was with an NCE. A lot of the questions were personality based, and asking what my goals were. A few technical questions were thrown in at the end. Overall a good experience, Cisco seems like a great company to work for. I am scheduled for the next round of interviews, I will try to update.

Interview Questions

• describe OSPF, also asked to tell them network, broadcast, and usable addresses for certain IP addresses in different subnets. No calculator obviously.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I received 3 interviews, all of which were very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very straight forward, no curveballs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I interviewed with Cisco at a conference. There was no actual coding questions involved. They asked about data structures and networking terminologies.

Interview Questions

They don't offer housing.